• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Anyone?

I guess I could make a trip out of going to the ACC box office to check. lol

Sorry, did not see your inquiry earlier. I am obligated to assist you based on your avy choice. I feel it is Justified in this case.

There are actually a bunch of different "inclusive" fees involved with either direct ticket purchases and online ones.

http://help.ticketmaster.com/what-kinds-of-fees-charges-and-taxes-are-there/

Here is info from ticketmaster itself.

The face price is generally set by the event holder or show you are going to see. The event venue will take a portion of that for themselves. And if you happen to get the tickets online, the service used(if not owned by the same event venue) will take another portion of the total face cost.

The next is the service or processing fee.. or "Hey, let's charge you a little more for the fact that we need to take time to process the monies that we are already generously taking off your hands. Don't worry, you don't need it! kthxbye"

Again, if it's between the holder and venue if you are getting it at the box office, you can avoid the online service fee you are otherwise getting it ticketmaster or another company as a third party source of purchasing.

And finally, the online Re-Sale fee. Basically the ticketmaster or similar service, and their distributor(either a regular person wanting to resell the tickets or a large distributor who regularly purchases tickets for the sole reason to make a profit, and has established credibilty) agree upon an added value that they will share amongst themselves on top of the other charges + the actual base price of the ticket.

So yes, you can likely find a bit of a discount directly from the source, because you will avoid a couple of the online based fees. But keep in mind that there are a lot of hidden values preset between the source and the event/show and the venue that may just make it a miniscule difference. You really have to search around to find absolute value. There are times when the online choice makes more sense than at the box office, especially when they know they have you right where they want you since you took the time to drive all the way down.

TL:DR : Everybody is a fucking scalper. You just need to determine the stupidest one, and take advantage of their inventory at the right time.

Hope this helps?

Did you agree to this? Not sure if giving out your personal address is wise.

Always meet on neutral ground. In plain view of others.

Just some facts I learned from the espionage genre of media/novels.

lol
No you're right. He offered that and I said the pizza pizza near my place is fine.

Are just looking to trade a FFXV copy or could cash be a thing? I'm interested
Sorry man, just FF for me. I need something meaty to dig into for the long warmkend after a hell week in work. It's still 60 bucks at eb...

Also sorry guys, I shouldn't have mentioned the specifics of the trade. It just read as a advertisement/tease. I just had to vent to SOMEONE last night. For some reason my room mates don't much care for my JRPG trading exploits.

Mhee12Bee

Sorry man, just FF for me. I need something meaty to dig into for the long warmkend after a hell week in work. It's still 60 bucks at eb...

Also sorry guys, I shouldn't have mentioned the specifics of the trade. It just read as a advertisement/tease. I just had to vent to SOMEONE last night. For some reason my room mates don't much care for my JRPG trading exploits.

Totally Cool. So much as money is nice, it's much better get the game you want! Good Luck. If I happen to get a copy of FF XV, I'll let you know.

Mhee12Bee

Well, hopefully they take your choice of rendezvous seriously. I have never heard of a Pizza Pizza as a mutually agreed upon meet-up point before, outside of possibly the 1990's.

I remember selling a phone on Kijiji at a Pizza Pizza. I really regret selling a Motorola Atrix to a dude. He was just a 120% Jackass and undersold me the phone straight up. After the 1st refusal, he leaves....then comes back and still undersells me. Only Bad experience in person.

Otherwise, I've always enjoyed selling on Kijiji. Always fun to met new people.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TL:DR : Everybody is a fucking scalper. You just need to determine the stupidest one, and take advantage of their inventory at the right time.

Hope this helps?

Well, it's weird because they list the facility charge (3.25), and mobile tickets are "free" so I assume that would be the online fee, but then there's a generic "service fee" that is 18.75... and I'm not sure if that's just their take regardless of whether you buy online or not.
I have no idea why it costs 18 dollars to sell a virtual good, but c'est la vie.

Good. Fuck them.
What's wrong with Centreville? lol

gabbo

So just out of curiosity, is there going to be a May or June? Was hoping to have one around my birthday, but theyre usually up way in advance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it really that much of an attraction to people aside from tourists though? The last time I recall going there was in my early teens. Never had the need to go again.

Not sure how much it has changed, or not changed since then.
I remember going all the time as a kid. Is Ontario Place still dead? I mean, if you live in the city and can't/don't want to drag your family to Wonderland, there's really nowhere else to go for a theme park.

Saw a couple of kids playing Switch on the subway yesterday yet I am still scared to bring mine on my commute.

The one kid was holding the screen while the other kid was holding a joycon.

Major props to the gaffer who straight up came to my neighbourhood earlier and swapped Nier with me. Most painless trading experience ever. Sorry Kuro man, he pm'd me first.

Can finally take the Kijiji ad down. Latest reply was "I have no box and cd is kinda scratched. Meet me today"

Kraftwerk

I honestly don't mind the warm weather, but we get no time to acclimatize. You go form cool breeze to fucking hot within 12 hours. It feels like a 40 degree august day today and its not even 30. My body is like what in the fuck.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't mind the warm weather, but we get no time to acclimatize. You go form cool breeze to fucking hot within 12 hours. It feels like a 40 degree august day today and its not even 30. My body is like what in the fuck.

I hate these huge swings in temperatures.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Major props to the gaffer who straight up came to my neighbourhood earlier and swapped Nier with me. Most painless trading experience ever. Sorry Kuro man, he pm'd me first.

Can finally take the Kijiji ad down. Latest reply was "I have no box and cd is kinda scratched. Meet me today"
I already got Yakuza 0 from you before. All good!
Now you just need to tell me the name of the gaffer who traded with you so I can incinerate him at the next meet up! 😸
You still working outdoors, Krafty? Have fun...! 😈

Ok on a serious note, if you guys are a dev, a junior dev, or know someone looking for that kind of role, my place is looking for two full timers right now. PM me. Focus on Java though.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
WHY CAR WHY?

WHY HAS YOUR AIR CONDITIONING FORSAKEN ME?

Haven't I been good to you? Haven't I been loyal?

(._.)

99% sure that it's not going to be worth it to fix.

Speaking of vehicles, I am looking into swapping out my ride for a new set of wheels hopefully by the end of July. But am dreading the fucking insurance quote, even though I have a clean record.

Fuck the car insurance in this city

Congrats on the smooth, non-shady as fuck meeting

I don't know if TDSB schools are still allowed to do this but back when I was a kid in the early 90's, if our primary school class happened to be in one of those portable trailer classrooms during a hot day, they would allow us to go play in the sprinklers for a little while during the afternoon sessions.

They also handed out a ton of those Freezie or popsicle treats.

I don't know if TDSB schools are still allowed to do this but back when I was a kid in the early 90's, if our primary school class happened to be in one of those portable trailer classrooms during a hot day, they would allow us to go play in the sprinklers for a little while during the afternoon sessions.

They also handed out a ton of those Freezie or popsicle treats.

Catholic school board did no such thing. You sweat that shit out.

Maybe you get a sympathetic teacher who cuts class short. Maybe.

krae_man

I just found out I get a 4 day weekend!

WHY CAR WHY?

WHY HAS YOUR AIR CONDITIONING FORSAKEN ME?

Haven't I been good to you? Haven't I been loyal?

(._.)

99% sure that it's not going to be worth it to fix.

You may as well throw your car in the trash. You can buy a BMW for less then it costs to repair a car AC.

There are cheaper alternatives however:

wN6AXiA.jpg

Brinbe

Ugh! I can't even handle this heat. Summer is gonna be hellish. #TeamModerate

And when's the next meet up? Is there one already planned and I'm outta the loop?

And lmao, my Catholic school downtown (shouts to St. Mary's by Queen/Bathurst) didn't even have grass or sprinklers.

gabbo

And when's the next meet up? Is there one already planned and I'm outta the loop?

And lmao, my Catholic school downtown (shouts to St. Mary's by Queen/Bathurst) didn't even have grass or sprinklers.

#TeamSeasons is getting wrecked what with there not being a spring anymore and fall lasting a few dasy in september.

No planned meet for this month as of now. might bet better to try to push in to june.
Do we have a place to drink/eat before KFC anymore?

You guys and your catholic schools in the city of toronto...

Top Bottom