• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Title Screens of All Time (Of all time!!)

overcast

This was playing in the background all night in many awesome sleepovers.

89640-halo-combat-evolved-xbox-screenshot-title-screen-main-menus.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

114350-psychonauts-windows-screenshot-title-screen-damn-great-idea.jpg

Holy shit, so many great title screens.

Super-Metroid-Title-Screen.jpg

This screen tells you so much about the game without uttering a single word. It's one of the things that made the game so great for me. Definitely my #1 title screen of all time, though some others in this thread are really good too.

TaroYamada

I am not a particularly huge fan of the game, but gotta agree with the folks saying Half Life 2, it's probably the best one, or one of them. Seemingly takes forever to load that crap up though. Other's I've liked have been OOT, Jet Grind Radio, Vectorman, Gunstar Heroes, Braid and Jamestown's. Also Vanquish's was AMAZING, it's basically a lot like Halo: CE's, but better.

Has there been any mentions of Crazy Bus? That should be mentioned.

Lakitu

st5fu

I don't think any of the sequels has topped MGS1's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sylM7aDSy8M

That video sells it short by not including the preceding Konami logo screen with its neat little jingle.

2010082214182116ilk1.jpg

Never played the game, never had an 360 but man this looks awesome.

So soothing.

I agree with Kingdom Hearts II and the Metroid Prime ones. And all the 3D Zelda intros mentioned here.

All these. + Another mention for MGS 2.

BEST in terms of suggestive narration: Super Metroid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chh6RAjGohw

Simply put, this title screen manages to set the tone, develop tension, and make the connection between the title and "deus ex machina" device in one single shot. It's brilliant.

BEST in terms of design: Persona 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbvBB2Rjdg

It's hard to describe how Persona 4's almost hypnotizing title screen is. At first, I thought it was pretty neat and just that, now I'm wondering just how deliberate the choices made in imagery actually were in order to get subliminal effects. The people that make the Persona games are very stylish and perhaps also have a deep understanding of human psychology.

FireCloud

This is my favourite. The petals climbing that tower, beautiful music... The moment I saw that title screen I knew I bought a great game.

Are they petals? I always thought they were butterflies. I can't remember. In the NA version (Folklore) does the tower light up as is shown in the GIF above?

Anyway, I agree with what you said. Folklore (Folksoul) is a definitely among my favorite games this generation.

OMT

How has no one posted the best Zelda title screen yet?

296800-title_screen_super.jpg

Though it is very contextual - doesn't seem like much at first glance, but after watching the intro sequence, it encapsulates the sense of alienation you're supposed to have perfectly.

Top Bottom