• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Harley still sucks.

I saw that today and it's a bit bizarre. It's basically a cheaper version of the Harley's Holiday statue DC is putting out. I don't think I've ever seen Diamond do this before.

Here's the near-$300 version:
Code:
[IMG]http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/DC34624lg.jpg[/IMG]

Being a Deadpool fan was so easy for so long because no one made anything for him and now he's mainstream and popular and everywhere and ugh.

GSC is actually putting out this rad-as-fuck Deadpool figure.

Code:
[IMG]http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Kaneel1493348733.jpeg[/IMG]

I don't like Deadpool enough to pay the 25k they're asking for it, but it's really neat

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Here's how weird the Bandai model import pricing gets.
Bandai came out with a battle droid and STAP combo kit.
Later they came out with kit that gave you an extra battle droid instead of a STAP.
The kit with two battle droids initially cost more to import than two droid + STAP kits.

That 25th anniversary Joe release ignited a sickness within me. I have literally every single figure released (including the yellow Stalker error figure) on my wall. Pursuit of Cobra, too. Those PoC figures were nice.

If Hasbro did a 6" Joe line, it would be the end of my wallet.

Scored the NECA TMNT Set, "You Son of a bitch" Dutch and Death yesterday 5min before on sale time.

Both trolls arrived from the Mythic Legion sale. (Sir Ignatius coming separately)

Got my Figuarts Anakin and Hawkeye days from each other

Picked up Storm Collectibles M. Bison at Frank and Sons

Got the whole DC Multiverse King Shark wave and built the shit out of KS.

Walmart sent both Black Panther's I ordered within 24hrs of ordering

Got two more Black Series Tuskin Raiders (bringing me to 4) and 3 more Emperor's Guards (bringing me to 6).

Picked up Funko Pop Sweeth Tooth at E3

Found a rad repainted black series unmasked Kylo head on eBay for cheap

Managed to get one of the 100 Lando Black Series head repaints from Old Boy CTTS
19055783_1701733039841599_7407092330022567370_o.jpg

I think that sums up my last two weeks of collecting.

Messi

Messi picking one of the most popular characters ever for his collection was a mistake.

I am down. I love all the cool merch. Imagine paying $850 for a statue and never getting it. Doesn't happen with Harley, too popular.

I will say... She has a silly amount of merch now. I don't really buy smaller bits anymore. I only bought Amanda Conners Harley action figure series as I love Amanda but I don't like action figures of that scale. Id love statues of the designs though.

I saw that today and it's a bit bizarre. It's basically a cheaper version of the Harley's Holiday statue DC is putting out. I don't think I've ever seen Diamond do this before.

Here's the near-$300 version:
Code:
[IMG]http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/DC34624lg.jpg[/IMG]

I have this on order from dcbs.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Kamen Rider Chalice came in. My first SH Figuarts Rider, and he's pretty lovely.

I'm impressed that he comes with tiny versions of the cards he used

Chalice is sweet, I got him preowned from Ami. Lots of the Kamen Rider Figuarts are really solid.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is this their first cloth cape? Looks quite nice and it's also wired.

Their first cloth cape is The Dark Knight Batman.
Medicom and Mezco were doing wired cloth capes and Bandai joined the party.

TAJ

That's certainly better than their TDKR Batman. I just wish they did the BvS batsuit. The Justice League cowl is weirdly shaped.

Are there Figuarts Dark Knight Rises figures? I thought that was just MAFEX.
Speaking of MAFEX, there's a BvS Batman. There's also a One:12 one.

grendelrt

Do play arts kai figures sell out normally? Wondering if I can pick up Aranea down the road maybe discounted or if it the pre order price on amiami is about the best it gets.

Usually a good camera and excellent lighting can make most figures look good. Mattel, why are you so shitty?!

(I'll probably get the con exclusive Cyborg though cuz I'm a terrible toy addict.)

Justice League basic figure line Cyborg: https://jointheleague.dccomics.com/post/justice-league-cyborg-mattel--figure-video-short

Comic-Con exclusive Justice League Cyborg figure in Mother Box: https://jointheleague.dccomics.com/post/justice-league-cyborg-limited-edition-comic-con-exclusive

The latter has electronic lights and sounds. Both links have videos.

TAJ

They should've gone full Silver Centurion with Homecoming Iron Man. The mix of gold and silver doesn't look right to me.

They're not trying to do Silver Centurion. They're trying to do Ultimate Iron Man.
Silver Centurion was one of old armors in Iron Man 3.

Top Bottom