• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Pirates probably.

3KIbh7e.png

Seems to be the case.

God DAMN, when this game works and all the elements come together (or all the weak ones get out of the way), there really isn't a shooter on the market that comes even close.

Ok, except TitanFall 1.

But still. Damn this game is fun when you're on a great map, with two even teams, and the ping is solid. Just had an Attrition match that was basically a non-stop churn of pilots-vs-titans-vs-pilots-vs-titans... there were like, NONE of those quieter moments of straight PvP, or TvT, with player dispersed around the map, and the battle was just this endless chain of hand-offs between different skirmishes up and down the map.

I think I wore out my Kinect shouting 'Xbox Record That!'

Well that looks pretty... lame. Hope there's more to it.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping for something like, he drops the wall and then smashes the dude's face into it [a few times].

Or he turns the guy around, pulls him onto the ground, then drops the a-wall on him across the neck to decapitate him.

Both kinda bend the rules of the physics of the A-Wall up to this point but... at least they'd be cooler than just shooting a gun through it.

Lame tactical deserves lame execution.

Yeah seriously.

But what I probably should have said is that it's kind of lazy that the execution animation is practically Shadow Boxing with three shots.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping for something like, he drops the wall and then smashes the dude's face into it [a few times].

Or he turns the guy around, pulls him onto the ground, then drops the a-wall on him across the neck to decapitate him.

Both kinda bend the rules of the physics of the A-Wall up to this point but... at least they'd be cooler than just shooting a gun through it.

What would be hilarious is if Respawn got smart to Shampooh, coded in some dummy animation, then releasing something like these in the next DLC.

Can anybody confirm or deny whether burst firing the XO-16 helps accuracy against infantry over longer distances?

Today I cross-mapped a guy on top of one of the spires at one end of Boom Town. Like, he was a dot I could barely make out in the middle of my reticule, 3 shots, dead.

I then immediately failed to kill a guy 15 feet in front of me, dead-center of the reticule.

Both were simply holding down the trigger.

I have no idea how the spread on this gun works anymore. It feels like the Titan equivalent of the Flatline right now...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah it's not like every time they leave a comment in this thread they get swarmed by angry salty players!

Oh wait...

I feel like they might be more willing to answer questions if the questions weren't "what the fuck were you thinking with the low TTK and phase shift?!? Such stupid design hurr durr hurr"

oh yeah you're definitely not gonna get angry salty players on reddit

JaMarco

Can anybody confirm or deny whether burst firing the XO-16 helps accuracy against infantry over longer distances?

Today I cross-mapped a guy on top of one of the spires at one end of Boom Town. Like, he was a dot I could barely make out in the middle of my reticule, 3 shots, dead.

I then immediately failed to kill a guy 15 feet in front of me, dead-center of the reticule.

Both were simply holding down the trigger.

I have no idea how the spread on this gun works anymore. It feels like the Titan equivalent of the Flatline right now...
Its completely RNG as far as I can tell, tap fire or not.

For the XO, just imagine a dot in the center of the crosshair. I think the way its crosshair is designed is to mess with people? The gun shoots in a straight line IIRC. Always make sure pilots are right in the center.

JaMarco

For the XO, just imagine a dot in the center of the crosshair. I think the way its crosshair is designed is to mess with people? The gun shoots in a straight line IIRC. Always make sure pilots are right in the center.
It definitely doesn't shoot in a straight line but I still agree with your suggestion.

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/887079508171345920

ZLlyZRj.gif

Wait, I just noticed their helmets and gear

Eh apparently they're not new gear but AI for FD :///////////////////

Yeah, I was in a wonder of possibilities when I first saw the tease (Custom Gear/Helm's and Emotes)...then I realized they where placed on the end of the dropship facing the other way...

Still, having droz and bear as drop buddies for (I assume) Frontier Defense is HYPE!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The game desperately needs more diverse customization options but I figure at this point they're just finishing up their roadmap and starting dev on Titanfall 3 or StarWarsFall

FRONTIER DEFENSE IS FINALLY HERE JULY 25!

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield

FRONTIER DEFENSE!

• Co-op 4 player mode.
  • Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
  • Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
  • Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
  • There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
  • New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
  • Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
  • New, challenging enemy types to battle.
  • 5 maps supported at launch
  • Homestead
  • Forwardbase Kodai
  • War Games
  • Rise
  • Blackwater Canal
  • We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future

Izuna

Banned
Respawn am I allowed to send Sandwiches to your offices?

holy fucking shit this is almost EVERYTHING I WANTED

<3

Aegis Ranks is lit

:fire: :fire:

Now that we have a mode dedicated to shooting AI opponents, can we please get Reapers the fuck out of every competitive mode they're present in?

Surely the egos on the line are insulated enough by this new mode, and they can accept brainless bullet sponges are nothing but giant, stinking dumps in the competitive sandbox?

JFC with the archer missles that track through right angle turns behind cover.

*facepalm*

One shot to take down a full shield, from a weapon that requires zero aiming, leading, etc. Seriously?

So the Elite Warpaints should have been unlockables I feel. Give players something to work towards instead of just filling meaningless bars. So many missed opportunities to keep the players engaged.

And buying Warpaints that grant XP boosts seems like a slippery slope...

That's dumb. So if you want the extra xp in frontier defense you'll have to avoid using your prime titan?

Correct

Edit: Actually I think they mentioned it in the FNN that as long as you own them you should get the XP boost.

Edit 2: The wording suggests its only for the weapon warpaints that provide the boost even when not equipped.

Top Bottom