• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nerd Crew: A Pop Culture Podcast by Red Letter Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhood56

Banned
The G̶h̶o̶s̶t̶b̶u̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ Rey action figure bit was hilarious.

KOBoQG.gif
Is it okay if I abuse this gif?

Cheerilee

I feel like they just went to a dollar store and picked out all the weird Star Wars/Marvel trash. Star Wars Yarn... WTF.

Some of it was real Star Wars/comic book superhero trash, some of it was just regular everyday trash with Star Wars/comic book superhero stickers attached.

- Star Wars children's backpack = real
- Yarn = stickers. Rich looked at the yarn and didn't get the joke until he rotated the yarn enough to see the Star Wars sticker, and then he said "Oh, yarn." His reaction was from seeing the sticker, but then he improvised to cover it up.
- Star Wars Valentines = real.
- Ghostbusters/Rey action figure = stickers and marker (and it broke Rich).
- cookie oven PB sandwich = Star Wars sticker over the cookie brand logo.
- cheap handheld game = sticker
- cheap plastic gun = large Kylo Ren sticker that wraps around onto the back of the packaging so you can't even tell it's supposed to be a Kylo Ren sticker.
- BB8 watch = real
- generic headache relief painkillers = sticker
- there were a couple of other items in the pile that didn't get any camera time.

- Avengers container = real container, but filled with hotdogs
- phony police badge = Batman stickers.
- cheap ninja toys = two Avengers stickers and one nonsensical BB8 sticker. The green ninja is apparently supposed to be the Hulk, the red Ninja is Iron Man, and the yellow ninja is BB8.
- Avengers masks = real
- Captain America Civil War bobblehead = real. And it's a figure of Sharon Carter (who?). I had to look it up.
- generic tension headache relief painkillers = Batman stickers. And looking at it frame-by-frame, I think they were real painkillers, not jelly beans (they were bright red and they seemed to be a proper caplet shape/size), and Rich Evans really did shove a complete handful of them into his mouth all at once (which broke Mike but Jay managed to keep a straight face), although I doubt he swallowed.

scoobs

Rich is the reason I wake up in the morning. It's like a game they play, who can make Rich laugh the hardest? And it's funnier every single time.

Just got around to watching this and I thought it was pretty good. The best bit was definitely Rich opening the loot crates at the end and seeing him break character.

I can't believe these movies "critics" actually discuss and speculating over a stupid logo.

I feel like you've completely missed the point of this series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How many takes do they do? I can't imagine it's easy to keep a straight face with all this dripping sarcasm being thrown.

"HOLY SHIT I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT HAPPENED I mean what a memorable scene"

And yeah, the holocaust joke. Hot damn.

jman2050

"They're wise enough to see the criticisms of their film and then keep the things that are criticized and change other things."

That's the most succinct summary of the DC film universe yet.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait...did that really happen to Superman in Batman v Superman? o_O Hadn't seen the movie and never planned to but is that really how it ended?

"They're wise enough to see the criticisms of their film and then keep the things that are criticized and change other things."

That's the most succinct summary of the DC film universe yet.
I was thinking the same thing 😂😂😂😂 that shit killed me, this is becoming one of my favorite things RLM does

What a great episode. I like it because I know what it is. I'll probably give it an 9/10, even though I thought it wasn't as good as the last ep, which I gave an 8/10. It's funny, the Nerd Crew, like Plinketto, had it's two first episodes be utterly fantastic, and the third episode is pretty good, but doesn't reach the heights of the first two.

Interesting enough, there are some Easter Eggs to be found. If you look behind Mike, to his right, you can see the "Rey" action figure Rich Evans received in the Nerd Box (or was it Geek Crate?) last episode. Also, the X-Men toy in front of Rich Evans has boxart advertising it as a Sabertooth toy, but the action figure inside is actually Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom