• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Livestreaming GDC Conference, Promises "Huge Event" With Lots Of Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Mirror's Edge 2 with a brand new Solar Fields soundtrack would seriously make my year. It won't happen though :(

Sentenza

Maxis/PlayFish: Sim City...

ibZQAi.gif

...Facebook

icepwE.gif

Krilekk

Banned
I could see them announcing Respawn's game.

Looking forward to it.

Would be great but somehow I doubt that Respawn started to create a current gen engine one and a half years ago. I expect their game on next gen consoles and thus not to be shown until those are announced. After all Call of Duty 2 as a launch title on 360 was the foundation for those 21 million copies of MW3, I can see them trying to do the same with their new IP.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Crysis 3 or is it a bit to soon for that ?

I'd expect it to focus on their current fiscal year line-up (April 2012-March 2013), with a bit more focus on the 2012 games than the Q! 2013 ones.

If we assume the EA Partners leak is correct, that means Secret World (April), Overstrike (Summer?), Outernauts (Insomniac), Respawn (Q1 2013?), and Populous (your guess is as good as mine) are the only ones likely releasing this fiscal year.

This would suggest a three year development cycle for Crysis 3 with a focus on making it a next gen showcase for their engine.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Sim City facebook could be great, but I know it will be monetized to hell. I would pay for a versoin without all that.

I loved Medal of Honor (2010). Looking forward to the next one.
Same here.

It'll be interesting to me to see if they change up the marketing message at all for the follow-up. Danger Close went heavy on the 'Tier 1 Operator' stuff out of respect for their consultants and their desire for OPSEC. Simply saying 'Tier 1' all the time allowed them to avoid outright explaining that the game was about SEAL Team Six and Delta Force -- never using those unit names (or CAG or SFOD-D or DEVGRU or even Joint Special Operations Command I don't believe, and so on).

But since the UBL raid ST6, and to a somewhat lesser extant JSOC and Delta, have been elevated to a whole new level of public awareness. I could see EA wanting to make that abundantly clear this time around.

There was also some controversy concerning whether or not the consultants' participation was okay'd by the military. EA made it sound as if it had been and that they quite helpful in that regard, but there were mainstream press articles later claiming that the they were seriously pissed about the sensitive nature of some of the things depicted in the game. Even using the term 'AFO' upset them.

Here's the link to the story. For the record, Ambinder knows his stuff, but the irony is that he's probably revealed more sensitive information about JSOC than any reporter on the planet: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2010/10/the-story-behind-medal-of-honor/64441/

AAK

Everytime I see Respawn I think Ready at Dawn. LOL.

Ah well, the only EA IP's I actively follow are Dead Space and loosley Mass Effect.

Firestorm

Mirror's Edge 2 announcement would make up for the countless other EA conferences I have fruitlessly watched for a mere mention of the title.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
List of studios and their known/expected games, courtesy of Nirolak.

BioWare: Generals 2, Dragon Age 3
DICE: They have something that's not Battlefield, what it is isn't clear.
Danger Close: Medal of Honor 2
Visceral: Dead Space 3, Army of Four, Dante's Inferno 2, at least 2 new IPs
Maxis/PlayFish: Sim City Facebook
Respawn: New IP
Insomniac: Overstrike, Outernauts
EA Partners: Populous
Criterion: Hot Pursuit 2
PopCap: They are presumably doing something.
EA Canada: FIFA 13, NBA Elite 13, NHL
Tiburon: Madden 13
Has it been confirmed Criterion is doing another NFS game or is this just what's expected?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking forward to this. Despite some shitty business practices, EA's game output this gen has been really great. I look forward to hearing about MoH2 and whatever else they have to show.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Has it been confirmed Criterion is doing another NFS game or is this just what's expected?

I don't think it's been 100% confirmed, but their job postings pointing to a AAA racing game and the general state of it selling more than five times better than Burnout suggests this.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I don't think it's been 100% confirmed, but their job postings pointing to a AAA racing game and the general state of it selling more than five times better than Burnout suggests this.

Not surprising and I'm actually pleased to hear it since HP was was my favorite NFS game since HP2 on PS2. My only complaints about HP were the lack of circuits and Ferarris. Hopefully they can include them this time and it gets a 2012 release.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Not surprising and I'm actually pleased to hear it since HP was was my favorite NFS game since HP2 on PS2. My only complaints about HP were the lack of circuits and Ferarris. Hopefully they can include them this time and it gets a 2012 release.

If EA and Microsoft share the Ferrari and Porache licenses again, I'll be happy.

Jtrizzy

Same here.

It'll be interesting to me to see if they change up the marketing message at all for the follow-up. Danger Close went heavy on the 'Tier 1 Operator' stuff out of respect for their consultants and their desire for OPSEC. Simply saying 'Tier 1' all the time allowed them to avoid outright explaining that the game was about SEAL Team Six and Delta Force -- never using those unit names (or CAG or SFOD-D or DEVGRU or even Joint Special Operations Command I don't believe, and so on).

But since the UBL raid ST6, and to a somewhat lesser extant JSOC and Delta, have been elevated to a whole new level of public awareness. I could see EA wanting to make that abundantly clear this time around.

There was also some controversy concerning whether or not the consultants' participation was okay'd by the military. EA made it sound as if it had been and that they quite helpful in that regard, but there were mainstream press articles later claiming that the they were seriously pissed about the sensitive nature of some of the things depicted in the game. Even using the term 'AFO' upset them.

Here's the link to the story. For the record, Ambinder knows his stuff, but the irony is that he's probably revealed more sensitive information about JSOC than any reporter on the planet: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2010/10/the-story-behind-medal-of-honor/64441/

Awesome read, thanks for sharing. MOH is my favorite sp fps this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom