• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman |OT| The World is Ready for You, Gal Gad [SPOILERS]

ApharmdX

Banned
What's the verdict on the UHD Blu-ray?

Wife and I just watched it. It was... good. Over hyped? Yes. Predictable? Yes. Save the DC Universe? No.

My wife and I have a 2 year old, so we only see a handful of movies in the theater per year. We almost saw this one instead of the Amazing Spider Man. Can you imagine?

LOL. Amazing Spider Man was an average movie at best. I regret seeing it in the theater personally.

Ross61

So Snyder couldn't get ONE character right, let alone 2 in BvS and he has or had reign over everything, how does that make sense???

Why is it so hard to grasp, Patty did a miracle job selling a female superhero to the general public, and actually had a good movie as well. That's better than anything hacks like Snyder have done.

And yes she is the best thing since Nolan by far for DC.
What is so hard to grasp that different DC characters deserve different visions and wouldn’t fit Patty’s aesthetics? Why do you want what she probably does want for herself? Why do you think Snyder had entire reign over the DCEU when he only controlled his movies?

Kickz

What is so hard to grasp that different DC characters deserve different visions and wouldn't fit Patty's aesthetics? Why do you want what she probably does want for herself? Why do you think Snyder had entire reign over the DCEU when he only controlled his movies?

Eh you don't know that, and I am sure if they made the offer she would accept it.
Plus Snyder might as well be running it considering he made trash like BvS and was then given Justice League for some odd reason.

Picked up the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack at Target. I was hoping to find the digibook, but they sold out completely. Oh, well. At least this matches the rest of my DC Extended Universe movies. Anyway, can't wait to rewatch it! Haven't seen it since opening night on June 1st.
kdEqQax.jpg
What's the verdict on the UHD Blu-ray?
Here's some reviews I posted in another thread:

Ledsen

Wife and I just watched it. It was... good. Over hyped? Yes. Predictable? Yes. Save the DC Universe? No.

My wife and I have a 2 year old, so we only see a handful of movies in the theater per year. We almost saw this one instead of the Amazing Spider Man. Can you imagine?

I'm a huge Spidey fan but Homecoming can't touch the glory of WW!

leng jai

Bought the steelbook and finally watched it. Gal Gadot is an absolute treasure.

The action scenes were all weak to be honest and even cheesy at times. Easily the weakest aspect of the film, all the character moments were fantastic.

Aske

Bought the steelbook and finally watched it. Gal Gadot is an absolute treasure.

The action scenes were all weak to be honest and even cheesy at times. Easily the weakest aspect of the film, all the character moments were fantastic.

Poor CGI aside, the action scenes are some of my favorites of any CB movie. Ares Kill, No Man's Land, Themysciran Beach Fight, and goddamn Sniper Tower are the first things that come to mind when I think superhero action; along with The Avengers' Battle for New York. Nothing else comes close to being that memorable for me. The next few on my mental list are all other scenes from The Avengers.

It's obviously completely subjective; just interesting that despite both of us loving WW, we have totally different thoughts about the action.

Apt101

Yes, just picked up my UHD from the nearby Amazon Locker. Updating my X1S and double checking TV settings, it seems I've been watching UHD discs without enabling HDR on the port the X1S is connected to.... oops! Fixed now.

Sunday morning Wonder Woman, this rocks. I hear it's a superb UHD.

Ferr986

Watched this the other day. Overall I liked it a lot, but the action sometimes wasn't that great, mainly for the slow-mo scenes, they abused those a lot and I generally hate that.

Gadot does a very good job, and her chemistry with Pine was really well done, although the romance was a little weird. I think I would have liked it it WW were doing the advancements, instead of Pine (for example the kiss scene being reverse).

vio

Watched this the other day. Overall I liked it a lot, but the action sometimes wasn't that great, mainly for the slow-mo scenes, they abused those a lot and I generally hate that.

Gadot does a very good job, and her chemistry with Pine was really well done, although the romance was a little weird. I think I would have liked it it WW were doing the advancements, instead of Pine (for example the kiss scene being reverse).

Agree about the action. It has some of the Snyder's style but fails to get there. Funny thing is how Snyder ditched the slow motion (common complain here) for MOS and BvS and yet Ww has so much of it.

I liked the movie a lot but i don't have need to see it again. Maybe beacause it was too safe and straightforward for me.

Top Bottom