• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

Final-Fantasy-7-Remake-NERDTREK.jpg

What if...

OH SHIT
Oh no
GAF gonna go boom

The fact that it says finally being confirmed for PS4 suggests that the question has been lingering for some time about whether or not the series would ever make PS4.

They also say it's "one of the most exiciting in OPM history".

The most fitting game I can think of is probably The Last Guardian. It could also be GTA though, or it could be (lol) a Doom or Quake sequel.

I can't really think of too many series with "massive significance" where this are lingering questions about the series' future on consoles.

TS-08

I'm not sure if people saying Mass Effect are joking or actually serious. They won't reveal that game in a platform specific mag, and the wording doesn't allude to it at all.

It may not be ME4, but to say the wording doesn't allude to it at all is a massive exaggeration.

Being "one of the most exciting in OPM history" doesn't really described Mass Effect 4 to me. The wording means it has special significance to Playstation. And "finally being confirmed"? As if the next ME coming to PS4 was ever in doubt anyway, heh.

I was more talking the platform specific mag part. I agree with the rest.

theRizzle

You guys are aware that a Final Fantasy game has already been announced for PS4? I don't think that qualifies as a series finally coming to the console.

Loxley

There's something charming about the idea is of a magazine having exclusive breaking news in 2014.The fact that Game Informer gets big reveals as often as it does is surprising (I know it's affiliated with Gamestop, but still).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
for PS "massive significance finally confirmed"

aw crap my brain won't stop playing the music from The Last Guardian trailer. Only myself to blame.

It says "series" tho, not a single game.

I don't think it's FFVII either for the same reason (the FF series is on PS already).

Mifune

Mehmber
I doubt a GTAV port would get a cover story, and I really doubt Rockstar would announce it first in a magazine. That's not how they do things. Although maybe this won't be the first reveal.

It may not be ME4, but to say the wording doesn't allude to it at all is a massive exaggeration.
Not really, see cpp_is_king's post above. There's nothing there that points to Mass Effect, and it makes no sense for EA to reveal a multiplatform game in a Playstation only magazine.

viveks86

But would that fit with the "most exciting cover in OPM history" claim? I don't think so.

Hmmm… Good point! It can't be THAT exciting after the game has already sold a gazillion copies. I take it back! :)

ZOMG! IT'S HALF LIFE3 Y'ALL!!!!!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Personally, I consider Colony Wars a series of massive significance. But that's just me (and a few of us I guess).

Edit: Half-Life 3 is a nice bet but as a series, Half Life has been on PS before.

A-V-B

Not really, see cpp_is_king's post above. There's nothing there that points to Mass Effect, and it makes no sense for EA to reveal a multiplatform game in a Playstation only magazine.

It could also be slightly misleading hype in order to sell next month's issue. IMPOSSIBRU!

meanspartan

All you people saying GTA 5....

As cool as a PS4 port would be with upped graphics/framerate, how would a port of an existing game be "One of the most exciting covers in OPM history"?

Top Bottom