• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Just played somebody who dropped 11 on me in 7 innings. Meanwhile I mustered 3 hits against Vida Blue. Usually it is the change-up that gets me, today it was the inside fastball.

Never gotten my ass whooped that badly. Yikes.

Thankfully it no longer matters!!!!!

you don't need to do those all-star difficulty parts for wainwright, do you?
Nah just gotta rack up stats with NL All Stars in play vs CPU. Just knocking out two birds with one stone. Added Iwakuma last night. Gonna start on AL East next for Boggs. Don't have an all star 3rd baseman..

94 Ryan is up to 90k again......is the hardware program coming or a legends only event?

Really? God damn it lol

If I had a guess, it'll be legends only. I should be stocking up on those but I don't really care anymore haha, almost got everybody I need!

About CAP pitchers: anyone have an idea if I can change their pitch attributes without resetting it to 0? TBH I don't even know how pitch attributes work in DD. In RTTS you can see the velocity/break/control of each one but I'm not sure if they're all the same in DD

You know you're spoiled and entitled when you pull a Carlos Correa and you feel disappointment

Fed my CAP a lot tonight. My pitcher has 22 quirks lol

Guess who starts games on the bench and platoons now. 99 Andre Dawson, lol. I bought that 96 Dale Murphy card and he is in the 90s in both contact and power vs rightys and Dawson is 81 contact vs RHP and I've used Dawson for so long I thought it would be fun to play with another card. His D is also incredible.

Guess who starts games on the bench and platoons now. 99 Andre Dawson, lol. I bought that 96 Dale Murphy card and he is in the 90s in both contact and power vs rightys and Dawson is 81 contact vs RHP and I've used Dawson for so long I thought it would be fun to play with another card. His D is also incredible.

Man, if that Dale Murphy card could be any good at hitting lefties, it'd be an incredible card. Instead it's really just a white BO Curtis Granderson that has better arm strength.

Reddit helped me out with my CAP pitches, I learned that each individual pitch doesn't have its own rating, but instead your pitch speed/effectiveness is dependent on your CAP's control/velocity/break overall rating, and your first pitch is the most effective with your last being the least. So a lot of people will use R1 for their 4SFB.

I played the CPU on legend and my CAP allowed 2 hits and struck out 12. God damn he was filthy. Only thing I didn't like is that my 83 MPH Circle-Change seems way too fast next to a 99 MPH fastball.

You know a lot of the community said this Chase Utley card sucks, but after checking it out, it's actually pretty damn good when you consider that he does everything pretty well and there's no glaring weakness. I'm just 19 ranked wins from Jackie but this card miiiiiight be better.....Jackie doesn't have good arm strength/accuracy for a 2B. which might not matter because there's too many double plays that don't get converted anyways even with Robinson there.

Man, if that Dale Murphy card could be any good at hitting lefties, it'd be an incredible card. Instead it's really just a white BO Curtis Granderson that has better arm strength.

Reddit helped me out with my CAP pitches, I learned that each individual pitch doesn't have its own rating, but instead your pitch speed/effectiveness is dependent on your CAP's control/velocity/break overall rating, and your first pitch is the most effective with your last being the least. So a lot of people will use R1 for their 4SFB.

I played the CPU on legend and my CAP allowed 2 hits and struck out 12. God damn he was filthy. Only thing I didn't like is that my 83 MPH Circle-Change seems way too fast next to a 99 MPH fastball.

You know a lot of the community said this Chase Utley card sucks, but after checking it out, it's actually pretty damn good when you consider that he does everything pretty well and there's no glaring weakness. I'm just 19 ranked wins from Jackie but this card miiiiiight be better.....Jackie doesn't have good arm strength/accuracy for a 2B. which might not matter because there's too many double plays that don't get converted anyways even with Robinson there.

I would definitely rock that Utley card, but I ain't grinding for it.

It may be my own tin-foil hat theory but I sometimes think slumps and hot streaks are programmed into these players. Maybe it's just a dice-roll before the game to determine how a player is going to perform. I went months batting .340 with Dawson and now he has dropped to .308. I can't fathom I'm doing anything differently. Another example is Ben Zobrist. That guy batted .150 for a few weeks, lately he is on fire and has his average up to .260. I mean, I know that's baseball, but baseball is a team game consisting of individual players who have their own talents, mindsets, life's, etc. In video games, I'm in control of every player, so that leaves me to believe that something under the hood is at work.

I feel like this is a noob question and I'm going to hate myself if the answer is easy but...

How the hell do you set up platoon lineups? I only see the one lineup, and I don't know who's pitching on the other side until things are locked.

What obvious thing have I not been paying attention to for these 150 hours?

I feel like this is a noob question and I'm going to hate myself if the answer is easy but...

How the hell do you set up platoon lineups? I only see the one lineup, and I don't know who's pitching on the other side until things are locked.

What obvious thing have I not been paying attention to for these 150 hours?

They took away the ability to see it this year because last year, a lot of people would load their lineups with left handed batters and back out if they saw the matchup was LHP. So your best bet is to shoot for a balanced lineup.

I wish they would let you set two different lineups before the game. You use whatever depending on the SP.

They took away the ability to see it this year because last year, a lot of people would load their lineups with left handed batters and back out if they saw the matchup was LHP. So your best bet is to shoot for a balanced lineup.

I wish they would let you set two different lineups before the game. You use whatever depending on the SP.

Setting up 2 lineups or allowing 2 extra bench spots.

Edit.

I wish it was, press button to play a game. Pick a home stadium and choose to edit time of day etc or just use a default established in options, then a lineup screen that can be set for RHP and LHP using the same 25 man roster, then rating matchup screen, then pitcher random select, then load game.

Padinn

Been trying to find a quick answer since I bought yesterdat. I have a ps4 pro. Thinking of performance vs enhanced visual mode, what are the fps differences?

Okay, phew. I'm not an idiot (for that reason at least, sure there are others).

Doesn't make a lot of sense why we can't have a lineup for LHP and one for RHP.

I got bored. Turned my CAP into Eazy-E. Made him 5'5 150.

Unfortunately being short turns you into a shitty second baseman. Dude got no range now.

is there any reason not to buy floyd? i have like 20k tickets

also, how low is that HW dawson going to go before the HW program comes out? i have plenty of stubs and i want to make sure i have it (i want all cubs players anyways). it's at 29.5 right now

is there any reason not to buy floyd? i have like 20k tickets

also, how low is that HW dawson going to go before the HW program comes out? i have plenty of stubs and i want to make sure i have it (i want all cubs players anyways). it's at 29.5 right now

I would say that where it's at now is probably where it'll stay for the most part.

Damn, it feels like I don't really have too much left to do in this game. They'll have future programs and missions and stuff.....and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to complete any of them that involve exchange missions. Since I've decided not to finish any more collection, I've either ate pitchers or sold off duplicates of the rest of them. So many of my collections are bare bones now and I actually won't have many resources left to make stubs, because I only got 2 career missions left (Still haven't gotten to part II of quality starts)

Also, I assigned my CAP to wear sunglasses. But he never wears them. WTF!!!

Is there a new freeze glitch? I've lost like 4 games in the past 2 days where I just got the lead or was crushing someone, game freezes, lose connection, I get the loss =/

Any of you want to tank your rating and help me with Griffey sometime? :p

Is there a new freeze glitch? I've lost like 4 games in the past 2 days where I just got the lead or was crushing someone, game freezes, lose connection, I get the loss =/

Any of you want to tank your rating and help me with Griffey sometime? :p

What do you need help with specifically? And what is your rating

Any of yall want to play a game today, let me know. You may however run into the immortal Eazy E on the mound who has been lights out for me. I think I figured out my ideal pitch repertoire.

Sinker
Sweeping Curve
Cutter
Circle-Change
Fastball

I toyed around with using a slider, but who needs a damn slider when your cut fastball moves like a slider and goes 98

New event tomorrow. 6 innings. 40 wins gets you a 99 Jake Arrietta. I'm gonna be grinding.

My god those stats!

DFwxeYsXgAA814V

New event tomorrow. 6 innings. 40 wins gets you a 99 Jake Arrietta. I'm gonna be grinding.

My god those stats!

DFwxeYsXgAA814V

Seriously? Pretty much everybody will get this card for free!?!?

I'm in!

going to rip through this as quickly as I can so can sell him for 100k

need 18 wins for Jackie, but I'll just do that next season.

Fuck!! I don't have any hitters with sub 50 vision. Trout has 54!!!

Seriously? Pretty much everybody will get this card for free!?!?

I'm in!

going to rip through this as quickly as I can so can sell him for 100k

need 18 wins for Jackie, but I'll just do that next season.

Fuck!! I don't have any hitters with sub 50 vision. Trout has 54!!!

Aaron Judge and my POTM Cody Bellinger qualify so far off the top of my head.

Saw this on reddit...

Let's break this down. To get the coveted 99 Arrieta in the event coming out tomorrow, you will need to win 40 6-inning event games where you are using lockdown pitchers and hitters that have horrible plate vision.

Best possible scenario: You win all 40 games you play. A 6 inning game is probably going to take at least 30 minutes, but we'll leave it at 30 since this is a lower bound. That means you will be spending 20 hours in the event winning games. 20 hours. And you have 3 full days to do this. So you'll be spending 1/3 of your time of existence this weekend just playing event games. And that's if you win each of them and they only take 30 minutes each.

Let's say your average 6 inning game takes 40 minutes each. And you're a pretty good player, you win about 80 percent of your games. That means you'll be playing about 50 games to get Arrieta. Which means you'll be spending somewhere around 33 hours just playing the event.

How about if you're a mediocre player that wins about 60 percent of your games? Well that means that you're going to be playing about 60-70 games in the event. That's 30-35 hours of playing, at the very least. And if your games take 40 minutes on average? Well now you're sinking between 40-46 hours of playing. In 3 days.

I imagine that only the people who have the time and willingness to do nothing but play events all weekend will be able to actually get Arrieta. I understand that it's a great reward and only dedicated players should be able to get it, but this is a little extreme.

You know what? Fuck this shit. I am not spending 33+ hours to do this lol. Not complaining about the grind.....I'm kind of surprised that's an event reward. But it definitely shouldn't be easy to get.

I would so love that card though.....maybe this is something good to do while I wait for the next season to start. Kershaw and Blue are the only guys that I know I'll always keep, and my CAP is hanging around just in case. But I'm not totally "married" to Feller/Scherzer/Felix/Fergie, I get hit around with those guys more often than I'd like. This Arrieta looks like an end game card.

This is the lineup I can field...

C Avila
1B Belt/Bellinger
2B Jedd Gyorko
3B Lamb/Kris Bryant #blessed
SS All of them suck
LF Duval/Conforto
CF Gomez/Bradley Jr.
RF Judge

It's actually not too bad.

Saw this on reddit...

You know what? Fuck this shit. I am not spending 33+ hours to do this lol. Not complaining about the grind.....I'm kind of surprised that's an event reward. But it definitely shouldn't be easy to get.

I would so love that card though.....maybe this is something good to do while I wait for the next season to start. Kershaw and Blue are the only guys that I know I'll always keep, and my CAP is hanging around just in case. But I'm not totally "married" to Feller/Scherzer/Felix/Fergie, I get hit around with those guys more often than I'd like. This Arrieta looks like an end game card.

The event runs for 10 days though, where was this guy getting 3 days?

The event runs for 10 days though, where was this guy getting 3 days?

lol, I just realized that. I assume that he's saying 3 days so you can be the first wave of people to sell him. I imagine the first wave will be able to sell him for 200k , but as that guy said, you'd have to spend a day and a half to get it, and that's if you win most of your games. It might take me more than a week to get it if I spent 4 hours a day, that's already a lot.

I guess since I don't have stubs my only real chance of ever getting this card is to just earn it. I don't think Ralph Kiner will sell for that much when WS rewards come out so it's not like I can do a 1:1 there.

lol, I just realized that. I assume that he's saying 3 days so you can be the first wave of people to sell him. I imagine the first wave will be able to sell him for 200k , but as that guy said, you'd have to spend a day and a half to get it, and that's if you win most of your games. It might take me more than a week to get it if I spent 4 hours a day, that's already a lot.

I guess since I don't have stubs my only real chance of ever getting this card is to just earn it. I don't think Ralph Kiner will sell for that much when WS rewards come out so it's not like I can do a 1:1 there.

I can fit in 2 before work and 2 when the kid and wife go to bed. Then usually 1 game while the kid feeds after work. Can probably play a game every 2 hours on a day off when the kid feeds. I can do this!

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Perhaps I can just go for like, 6-8 wins a day? I would keep Arrieta anyways so I guess I wouldn't be in a rush to get it ASAP like I did for Ellsbury.

I remember my face melting off by the end of the Ellsbury event. I think I went something close to 40-7 in that but I was miserable the entire time. And that shit was just 3 innings, I think.

94 Nolan Ryan going up again......he could be nearly unhittable in the event since his per 9's are so high, low vision is going to make the PCI minuscule right?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

IluYhIX.png

Kind of wish I had picked up Altuve instead of blowing my stubs on the Cubs collection. Fergie Jenkins fucking sucks.
I know this account hinted the 99s wouldn't be in the roster update, but Altuve should be a 99. He is flat out ridiculous this year.

I think I got a few Schoops

Oh man I'm so excited for Rollie Fucking Fingers

I got like 23k, I could get a 20 pack....or 3 of those bases loaded packs. hmmmmm

Got 5 wins so far. 3 of them were quits where I didn't even go to bat.

Yo DAMN. Four wins in twenty minutes lmao. All it takes is giving them the first inning pipe on offense and defense and they have no hope and move on!

Got 5 wins so far. 3 of them were quits where I didn't even go to bat.

Yo DAMN. Four wins in twenty minutes lmao. All it takes is giving them the first inning pipe on offense and defense and they have no hope and move on!

Friday and Saturday nights are prime for rage quits.

Got me my morning win. So far, Jonathan Villar has been my MVP at the top of the lineup. He is like Lou Brock, a single is a triple. Players im also rocking are:

George Springer
JD Martinez
Aaron Judge
POTM Cody Bellinger
POTM Mark Zunino
Joey Gallo

Using my regular starters and most of my regular bullpen minus a few to get under 86.

Got me my morning win. So far, Jonathan Villar has been my MVP at the top of the lineup. He is like Lou Brock, a single is a triple. Players im also rocking are:

George Springer
JD Martinez
Aaron Judge
POTM Cody Bellinger
POTM Mark Zunino
Joey Gallo

Using my regular starters and most of my regular bullpen minus a few to get under 86.

Yeah I made sure all the starters I used had a high k/9. Make that narrow vision even more narrow.

Currently 10-3 this events, on a 6-1 run right now. My 3 losses were all really tight, so hopefully I can continue making runs like this. Hopefully no more than 50 total games is necessary.
Most importantly I don't feel tortured. Yet. I need more "4 wins in 20 minute" stretches lol

I don't want to sell mine. I want him to dominate for my team.

This is my mindset too.

But...they are releasing two new 99s as Battle Royale rewards next week, and they said "These players may be the best at their position all year". So I'm expecting some hot shit.

Arrieta looks like an end game card that I'll probably keep but I'm definitely curious to see what these other new cards will be.

Apparently at least 5 people in the world have already gotten to 40 wins GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Top Bottom