• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

still no charge for my futureshop Mass Effect order. And when I asked them about why my order says out of stock they say it doesn't. Starting to think my very last futureshop order will be my worst.
I am waiting for mine as well. How do you check status for futureshop's order? Beatbuy.ca?

still no charge for my futureshop Mass Effect order. And when I asked them about why my order says out of stock they say it doesn't. Starting to think my very last futureshop order will be my worst.

Yeah when I check my order it shows out of stock and also seems to say shipment cancelled for some reason. Im suspecting this just has something to do with the order being for a Mass Effect 4 listing instead of Andromeda maybe?

All I know is they have already sent me a pre order code so I'm assuming my order is fine.

What does yours say if you check order here:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/profile/checkorderstatusfutureshop.aspx

Sealtest

pretty much same as yours, Out of stock but my order status is still in progress.

And I never noticed my order actually still says mass effect 4. That might actually be the problem. Apparently customer support is calling me at 11-11:30 pm est tonight just to make sure my order shipped so I'll be pointing that out to them.

TheExodu5

Banned
Half a dozen Switched on Kijiji Ottawa for $480-500. Even a Neon that was priced at $520 since 2 days ago hasn't managed to sell.

Looks like scalpers might be giving up at least. Demand can only be so high when the Canadian price is nowhere near an impulse buy.

Ventara

Is there anywhere I can get Yakuza 0 for cheaper than $80?

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I recently got it using EB's B2G1 free promo. I somehow even managed to get the Edge discount even though I wasn't supposed to. Worked out to $42 (plus tax) each for Yakuza 0, Horizon and Gravity Rush 2.

Posted some pics of the Orzly protector here.

They're great. Feels premium, at such a cheap price. Well worth the wait.

eehdpzX.jpg

bSsMZZr.jpg

Mimosa97

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I recently got it using EB's B2G1 free promo. I somehow even managed to get the Edge discount even though I wasn't supposed to. Worked out to $42 (plus tax) each for Yakuza 0, Horizon and Gravity Rush 2.

You can trade Horizon back for almost 60$ if you're an onyx member. 56$ if you're platinium (tiv 40$ + 40%)

That looks fantastic. Very slick. Is that the Orzly tempered glass that's on Amazon.ca for $16.99?

Yup! Paid 15.99 here. I'm used to pay $40-50 for Zagg's Invisible Shields on my iPhones. Orly's are as good if not better, and they give you two of them. Such a steal for me (if you can live with slow shipping).

Ventara

You can trade Horizon back for almost 60$ if you're an onyx member. 56$ if you're platinum (tiv 40$ + 40%)

Hmmm, I was thinking of using that promo again if I could find Nier and Nioh, but didn't know what I wanted for the 3rd game. This would be a nice workaround for just picking up 2 games.

Achtius

My Mass Effect also hasn't shipped from Future Shop! Also got the pre-order bonus via e-mail already and it's OOS when I check the order........that's worse than Amazon lol

Now that we have confirmation that Orzly screen protectors actually exist, what's the consensus: Orzly or AmFilm?

And if so, best to buy from .ca or .com?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know what retailers carry Steam $10-500 cards (ones where you can put in your own value)?

My local Shoppers had a few but they ran out, and it seems like stores don't restock on them often.

Amazon US apparently hasn't gone up yet (either that or pretty much everyone on the internet missed it, which I find really hard to believe). I can't imagine that Amazon.ca somehow got their stock up faster than the mothership.

Returners

Will Nintendo repair the left joy con that came with the system?

After rechecking the joy cons, I've discovered the left blue joy con that came with the system is the offender here. :(

Well I received an email for my mass effect amazon order saying it's been delayed and will ship on the 23rd.

The term priority shipping to Amazon must mean of the lowest priority possible.

Ultra Street Fighter 2 (Switch) is up for pre-order @ Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B06XS5HPVC/022748-20/

$50 for Street Fighter 2 in 2017. Remarkable.

Well I received an email for my mass effect amazon order saying it's been delayed and will ship on the 23rd.

The term priority shipping to Amazon must mean of the lowest priority possible.

Yup. Even when I complained the best they could give me was Friday. I may end up just cancelling and buying it digitally. It's about $8 more than the Prime price but I don't really want to give them the sale on this one.

$50 for Street Fighter 2 in 2017. Remarkable.

Yup. Even when I complained the best they could give me was Friday. I may end up just cancelling and buying it digitally. It's about $8 more than the Prime price but I don't really want to give them the sale on this one.

Yeah I'd love to know what the delay was considering all I heard pre release was people canceling orders. I don't get how amazon can consistently have supply issues.

Fularu

Banned
Oh, I'm buying it digitally but I am most likely going to buy it digitally but I will still complain about that price.
I'm weak, I just have so much love for SF2, reminds me of my SFC years back in the 90s when we would play it all night and mock the fools picking up either Ryu or Ken.

Heck I even purchased the Amiga version and suffered through the 1 button setup (I was a fool for trusting US Gold)

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
We were just informed our mass effect may not arrive for 6 days by Amazon. I'm a prime member and preordered it on day 1... Not really happy right now. Isn't that the point of prime?

Is there a solid way to get a notification or something as soon as the Fire Emblem SE goes up? I don't want to miss it but I can't just refresh this thread all day.

We were just informed our mass effect may not arrive for 6 days by Amazon. I'm a prime member and preordered it on day 1... Not really happy right now. Isn't that the point of prime?

Yeah same here :/ pretty disappointing. This only seems to happen with pre order games as well. Anything else I order gets shipped immediately.

Yeah same here :/ pretty disappointing. This only seems to happen with pre order games as well. Anything else I order gets shipped immediately.

Yeah that's the thing. I had a Switch Preordered from the first possible day, it never shipped even on launch day...So I just ordered one with same day shipping and it arrived that day, and canceled the Preordered one. Makes no sense.

Amazon is a mess for pre-orders a mess, consoles never arrive on release date and chances are most games either, won't be resubing to Prime no advantages for me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom