• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

RBH

I have around $200 in credit for Gamestop that I was planning to use for the new 360, so I'll be pretty fucking pissed off if they try to force a bundle onto me.

RBH said:
I have around $200 in credit for Gamestop that I was planning to use for the new 360, so I'll be pretty fucking pissed off if they try to force a bundle onto me.

If you already have credit down on a pre-order you probably won't have to worry about the bundle cramping your style considering your receipt says "Credit for Xbox Elite 250gb" sans the phrase "accessory" at the bottom or something like that.

...of course, I'm being optimistic.

Zachack

see5harp said:
Okay I guess if you keep every piece of download since launch, you'd have a need for more than the typical guy, but stuff like old themes and gamerpics that predate the avatar system or redesigned dash just clutter things up for me. Demos also....even if I haven't bought a game, most of the time I don't ever feel the need to play a 2 minute XBLA demo ever again. I know a lot of people like you though, so don't feel bad about it.
It's really the game installs and a few specific games that eat the space. Rock Band 1/2 with my DLC and the install is like 10 gigs. Fallout 3 with most of the DLC, the large saves, and the install is another 8 or 10. GTA4 with DLC episodes, etc. I also have more XBLA/XNA games than I should.

I tend to have a few "active" games and more backburner games, all of which I like having installed. I somehow managed to fill a 120 gig without any media (except for Thriller when I got it for free).

RBH

LongDongJunon said:
If you already have credit down on a pre-order you probably won't have to worry about the bundle cramping your style considering your receipt says "Credit for Xbox Elite 250gb" sans the phrase "accessory" at the bottom or something like that.

...of course, I'm being optimistic.
I haven't done a pre-order since I was still debating between getting the new 360 or a PS3. It's a bit frustrating because I'd gladly order from some place like Amazon were it not for this GS credit that I want to get rid of.

Hopefully, I'll get lucky at my local GS.

I'm displeased. Right when I find out Kinect is probably going to be $150 and I have no interest, Costco pulls the new 250GB 360. :lol

Guess I'll have to wait until they put it back up again, then I'm jumping on that.

I have never bothered to move my save files before. Can i move them all as a group or do i have to do it individually?

Im trying to find away to do this so i can sell my 120 HD with my 360.

kaskade

Gamer @ Heart said:
I have never bothered to move my save files before. Can i move them all as a group or do i have to do it individually?

As a group. It's pretty easy to do with USB. You can even deselect demos and stuff like that if you want.

Gamer @ Heart said:

You can transfer everything except original xbox saves in one fell swoop if you do the "transfer content" option via usb stick.

I'm not sure if the transfer cable is capable of transferring original xbox saves without having to worry about them.

So yeah just letting everyone know. If you transfer data using the usb method kiss your old xbox saves goodbye.

DestinRL

LongDongJunon said:
You can transfer everything except original xbox saves in one fell swoop if you do the "transfer content" option via usb stick.

I'm not sure if the transfer cable is capable of transferring original xbox saves without having to worry about them.

So yeah just letting everyone know. If you transfer data using the usb method kiss your old xbox saves goodbye.

Also, if you're ever deleting your profile off of a memory card, don't go to "delete profile and items." It also deletes everything associated with the profile located on your hard drive....even if you're specifically editing a memory card.

And now the sad memories of all my lost data come flooding back.

skyfinch said:
So does the new Xbox come with a month free of XBL gold? I that it did, but didn't see any card or number to redeem.

Yeah, create a Silver account and it will switch over to Gold automatically for the first month. I think you can do this two or three times with a new log in each time.

skyfinch

OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah, create a Silver account and it will switch over to Gold automatically for the first month. I think you can do this two or three times with a new log in each time.

Damn, I was hoping to redeem some gift cars in Forza 3 under my gamer tag.

lastplayed said:
That sucks. Does anyone know of a way that will safely copy save games?
Theres nothing unsafe about copying save games, its just that original Xbox saves are uncopyable (at least last time i checked). Some Xbox 360 saves are uncopyable but since the last update ALL 360 saves are movable.

see5harp

infinityBCRT said:
Theres nothing unsafe about copying save games, its just that original Xbox saves are uncopyable (at least last time i checked). Some Xbox 360 saves are uncopyable but since the last update ALL 360 saves are movable.

Yup....I had to move Mass Effect 2, but that worked like a charm. I did the same with my XBLA games (at least the ones with save files embedded) and it worked perfectly. I was really surprised to find out that you need to be logged onto Live to do this stuff..they really thought of everything when they added transfers and you gotta give MS some credit for that.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just reserved mine, I specifically asked about the bundle and she clarified it's not one and it's only $300, so there's hope for some out there.

I got mine todayt and they did not force a bundle on me. She said the next shipment isn't until July so im glad I preordered. and I must say this was probably the first decent gamestop ive ever been in.

DeadGzuz

Banned
RBH said:

Can you use it for anything else? I don't see why they care what you spend it on.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just curious, when I trade-in my old 360, what do I need to take to the store? Just the console and PSU? Cables?

Drek

Pre-ordered mine at Gamestop, just the S unit. Guy did say today was his last day to take pre-orders, so maybe he meant that he'd be forced to push bundles after today.

My 360 is an OG launcher that has already had the RRoD error once in its life repaired. Getting to flip it, my 120GB HDD, etc. for a marginal bit of extra cash and going HDMI, Wifi, etc. is pretty damn worthwhile.

RBH

DeadGzuz said:
Can you use it for anything else?
Of course, but I'm planning to use it on the new 360.

DeadGzuz said:
I don't see why they care what you spend it on.
I just want to get the most out of my credit without having to needlessly pay extra for some bundle. Not that hard to understand.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Loving the console. Super quite, faster, no lag even over wifi using a older apple airport.

I wish this was how it was from the start.

Brandon F said:
Just curious, when I trade-in my old 360, what do I need to take to the store? Just the console and PSU? Cables?

Console, Cables, PSU and Controller. = $100

Any extra controllers are either $20(wired) $25(wireless)

Nessus

Just got mine (if Game Stop is sold out try places like Wal*Mart that aren't really known for selling video games).

Now I have all 3 consoles (I just absolutely refused to buy the original 360 knowing there was a significant chance it'd die on me; literally every person I know with a 360 has had issues).

I almost forgot that I bought some 360 games off of a friend over 2 years ago for real cheap, so right off the bat I have Gears Of War, Dead Rising, and Oblivion along with a wired 360 controller. Then I went and got Halo 3 from Game Stop.

Downloading Braid right now. Shadow Complex is next.

So far only negative is I don't like how 100 MS Points don't equal a dollar.

If you're going to use a points system, do it like WiiWare and have 800 points = $8.

UltimateIke said:
Really glad I traded everything in yesterday (even though they had none in stock). Too bad for everyone who was on the fence waiting. :(

Yeah I JUST traded my stuff and pre-ordered earlier this afternoon. My receipt says "Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite 250gb" though, not "Bundle" or "Accessory ED" or anything like that.

Who knows though, the computer at my local GS tried to screw me out of the $25 you get from trading in an extra controller. Who knows what shenanigans will be pulled the day I pick up my order.

theultimo

Idesofmarch said:
So I pre-ordered already, but haven't traded in my stuff, so I probably should be ok right?
My store is doing this, I do not know if every other one is going to. Seems so though. Even then, you should be ok if you have pre-ordered it already.

That does suck. I was going to trade in on Tuesday night, but got tied up doing other things. I guess i will call Wednesday afternoon to see if they are now forcing a bundle. If they are then I am not going to bother.

Kraut

So after playing on this thing for less than 4 hours it already has a disc read problem. I've tried several different discs (game, music, movie) and it doesn't read any of them. On the game slide, it just says open tray as if there is nothing in there. Anyone know if this is just some dust (really, after an evening of playing?) or do I have to trade this one in>

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Freaking Gamestop! I shouldn't have waited... oh well since a $199 360 S is coming I'll just wait for that

Kraut said:
So after playing on this thing for less than 4 hours it already has a disc read problem. I've tried several different discs (game, music, movie) and it doesn't read any of them. On the game slide, it just says open tray as if there is nothing in there. Anyone know if this is just some dust (really, after an evening of playing?) or do I have to trade this one in>

I would Install everything before you play. Well, with Halo 3 being the exception. :lol

Fallout 3 has frozen twice on me today and I can't figure out if it's an issue with the slim or an issue with the game. Anyone having similar issues? Game was installed by the way

Anticitizen One said:
Fallout 3 has frozen twice on me today and I can't figure out if it's an issue with the slim or an issue with the game. Anyone having similar issues? Game was installed by the way

I have had that game freeze on me several times on my elite.

theultimo

Anticitizen One said:
The game is buggy as hell, I've had is freeze during normal gameplay on a lot of systems.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Man I'm glad I preordered yesterday before the bullshit. Is there a confirmation on the SKUs just so I can be sure? It just says 020058 Microsoft Xbox 36 on my receipt.

Kraut

Gillian Seed said:
I would Install everything before you play. Well, with Halo 3 being the exception. :lol

Would if I could, but like I said, the system doesn't even recognize that a disc is present, so I don't even get the option to install. Even with that, I would assume that the authentication would not be able to be completed, given that the console wouldn't be able to identify the disc in the drive. Oh well, here's hoping that the next one is problem free.

Kraut said:
Would if I could, but like I said, the system doesn't even recognize that a disc is present, so I don't even get the option to install. Even with that, I would assume that the authentication would not be able to be completed, given that the console wouldn't be able to identify the disc in the drive. Oh well, here's hoping that the next one is problem free.

That is a big time bummer! Sorry to hear that. :(

Thaedolus said:
Man I'm glad I preordered yesterday before the bullshit. Is there a confirmation on the SKUs just so I can be sure? It just says 020058 Microsoft Xbox 36 on my receipt.

That's the same number on my receipt but I haven't seen any confirmation as of yet.

CadetMahoney said:
I take NPD is no longer releasing their figures or something? I haven't been keeping up with it.

I think they delayed Mays NPD to July 1st or thereabouts. I don't know if they're releasing Junes on the normal date.

plastik

I bought one at Best Buy today. They had plenty. Now I'm back on the 360 bandwagon again after selling my 60gb pro a few years ago because it was just collecting dust.

I preordered at two different Gamestop's today just in case and neither mentioned a bundle and one mentioned trading stuff in for the deal.

I didn't trade anything in yet but I should be good right? I would hate to think that if I traded my stuff in and that somehow they would force a bundle on me and I wouldn't be able to get out of it at that point cuz my stuff is gone.

I just want a way out in case they try to screw me. Otherwise, I have three controllers and a hard drive to knock $110 off. Keeping my old Premium console.

Marty Chinn said:
I preordered at two different Gamestop's today just in case and neither mentioned a bundle and one mentioned trading stuff in for the deal.

I didn't trade anything in yet but I should be good right? I would hate to think that if I traded my stuff in and that somehow they would force a bundle on me and I wouldn't be able to get out of it at that point cuz my stuff is gone.

I just want a way out in case they try to screw me. Otherwise, I have three controllers and a hard drive to knock $110 off. Keeping my old Premium console.

It was probably for the best that you didn't trade your stuff in at all just yet. Like you said, if they try to screw you over when you bring the rest in you'll at least have the option of just keeping your stuff and going elsewhere in classic "screw you guys, I'm going home" fashion.

...and if you want to really hurt their feelings afterwards, cancel you're pre-orders. They thrive off that stuff and canceling them is like kryptonite to gamestop.

Top Bottom