• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.K. said:
$1.1 billion domestic for the first three movies. That's why.

Why not just continue on from the last movies? Why start all over?

It's not like the Batman franchise where the Batman & Robin movie practically destroyed the series.

purple cobra said:
I think the suit should look like it has an element of being "home-made", which I think this suit has in the slightest.

Hahahaha. What are you talking about? Nothing about that suit looks homemade at all.

That's one of the many, many problems I have with the Spiderman movies. His supposedly "homemade" suit looks like it was designed by NASA or something. An incredible material which doesn't fade or get stretched out or even get wrinkled around the elbows.

God, superheroes in general are so dumb.

Solo

Replicant said:
Oh Boo-fucking-hoo! Get over it. You Raimi fanboys start to sound like whiny bitches. He did a shitty film and now he pays for it.

This is the only whiney bitch post Ive seen in this thread.

B.K.

The Chosen One said:
It's not like the Batman franchise where the Batman & Robin movie practically destroyed the series.

I don't know. Spider-Man 3 was pretty bad. It's almost on the same level as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

spidye

B.K. said:
I don't know. Spider-Man 3 was pretty bad. It's almost on the same level as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.
I think you have to watch it again. It IS bad but definitely not batman forever, let alone batman&robin bad.

Suit looks fine. Hope they do a good job with the movie this time.

Also if this does end up being yet another origin story I hope they blaze through that BS fast. Have it as a bunch of stills within the opening credits to get it out of the way. Then we can actually have a movie.

Solo

Replicant said:
I wasn't the one who got butthurt that his fave director doesn't get what he wants. Like he gives a shit of your concern.

LOL. Again, you are the one coming off like a petulant child. I made one remark and you're flying off the hook. In reality, I don't give a shit. Raimi already made the best superhero flick ever, so it doesn't really matter what happens now.

WillyFive

The suit is perfection.

But I am still not ready or excited for a reboot of these series.

B.K. said:
I don't know. Spider-Man 3 was pretty bad. It's almost on the same level as Batman & Robin.

In what possible way?

MisterHero

Replicant said:
Oh Boo-fucking-hoo! Get over it. You Raimi fanboys start to sound like whiny bitches. He did a shitty film and now he pays for it.
Whiny Spider-man/Venom fans have no place, NONE, for shitting on Raimi

It's 100% Venom fans' fault for praising such a horrible character that Raimi himself did not want to use.

Dead

well not really...yet
Suit rocks. Casting kicks the ass of Raimi's films every which way. Great title.

Movie will be great

Noshino

Solo said:
Raimi wanted Lizard, Sony said no....Lizard is in TAS-M. Raimi wanted Spider-Man 2 to be called The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony said no.....S-M 2012 is now called TAS-M.

Shame, specially since SM2 still the best superhero movie ever... <3 Raimi

But yah, this movie looks awesome! Not digging the suit though, specially the part near the leg as it makes it seem not too thight

iirate

I've got to say, as a major fan of Spider-Man 2 (best super hero movie ever), that I can't wait for this. I love Raimi, and I loved 500 Days of Summer, and the casting looks great for this. I'm still worried about the script, but seriously, bring it.

P.S. +1 for a Spidey dance sequence. That was 3's only redemption.

Replicant

Solo said:
LOL. Again, you are the one coming off like a petulant child. I made one remark and you're flying off the hook. In reality, I don't give a shit. Raimi already made the best superhero flick ever, so it doesn't really matter what happens now.

Sure, sure, I'm the petulant child while you're the one who went: "Wah wah, my fave director got slapped by Sony" *insert justification* and acting like a spoiled, entitled child. But in case you want to, you know, complain, here's a form for you to fill out:

3343imp.jpg

Solo

Bwuahaha. Ive always been good at getting under people's skin, but I dont know if Ive done it with more ease than with you, Replicant. I must do it more often.

An-Det

I like the name, fits perfectly with the history of the character. And the suit looks fantastic, though I was never a fan of webshooters (I know it shows Peters intelligence, but meh).

One thing I did notice from the press release is that they must have cast a new J Jonah Jameson. I can see why, being a reboot, but if anything should be brought back it should be J. K. Simmons as JJJ. Not a deal breaker, but they nailed that the first time around, no reason to fuck with it.

Gameboy415

As long as Kirsten Dunst is nowhere to be seen, this movie will be the best Spider-Man film to date!

Can't wait for a trailer! :)

Mr. Sam

Yeah, uh, Solo, stop acting like a spoiled child. You've, um, officially crossed the line this time, you monster!

Picture looks cool, like title, haven't really got anything else to say.

Blader

Good title. Was kind of thinking that they'd call Ultimate Spider-Man, since they seem to be taking a lot of cues from that book, but I was kind of hoping for this one anyway.

Suit looks badass.

An-Dent said:
One thing I did notice from the press release is that they must have cast a new J Jonah Jameson. I can see why, being a reboot, but if anything should be brought back it should be J. K. Simmons as JJJ. Not a deal breaker, but they nailed that the first time around, no reason to fuck with it.

They didn't recast JK Simmons (yet), but it's moot because Jameson is not in this movie.

wenis said:
Then he made Spiderman 3....Fuck him.

That scene with Parker dancing in the streets is better than the entire runtime of (500) Days of Summer. Another GAF piece of shit that is praised to high heavens.

Will see this for Garfield and Stone though. He's gonna rock the awkward peter parker.

kai3345

Banned
Jokergrin said:
Venom could have been awesome, Raimi just fucked it up.
Raimi didn't even want Venom, he wanted to stick exclusively with Sandman.

Fucking Avi Arad forced him to put Venom in.

Also nobody plays Jameson but JK Simmons

Blader

MisterHero said:
Raimi's other option was to build Venom up over 2 movies but got forced to one.

So no, still the studio's fault.

No he wasn't. The reason they didn't split 3 into two movies was because they couldn't find a place in the script to split it.

So many plot strands piled up that at one point, the story broke into two films that might have been made back-to-back as parts 3 and 4 — a game plan that collapsed when nobody could find a satisfying intermediate climax.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20035326_3,00.html

Spiderman 3 is just as much Raimi's fault as Marvel's. They both fucked that up. While they gave Raimi stuff he didn't want to work with the movie itself is just sam raimi's style getting a bit too over-indulgent.

Spiderman 2 had the perfect balance of his style as well as just straight enjoyable comic book movie romp. With the third he was just fucking about. Still I'd rather see his fourth film than this one. Oh and also Michael Chabon wrote the second.

Soundtrack:
The Shins
Arcade Fire
Of Montreal

I'm calling it brahs.

Dead

well not really...yet
Dont think this has been mentioned yet

Here are the credited screenwriters:

James Vanderbilt
Alvin Sargent
Steve Kloves

Kloves wrote/adapted every one of the Harry Potter movies afaik, didn't know he was involved as well.

Veidt said:
raimi did a shit job.

Yet they wanted him to do a fourth and they were starting to get it ready when Raimi said fuck this shit. The reboot didn't happen till Raimi bailed on 4. Along with Raimi they lost Tobey and others so they went with reboot.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lion Heart said:
Are we going to have to watch him get bit by a spider again?
This is not an origin story, as I understand it. I expect brief flashback images and that's it.

It's not like it takes a lot to communicate MAN GETS BIT BY RADIOACTIVE SPIDER. Even in the first movie, it was a rather brief sequence.

brandonh83 said:
Guys the costume sucks remember all those behind the scenes photos?

I STILL feel this way, by the by. I imagine there is a contingent among us who don't like the look.

Edit: also, Spider-Man 3 is not as bad as people think. It's too over-the-top, yes, but it's still good fun in a lot of spots.

Blader

WJD said:
Surely the whole Brock -> Venom thing would have been a sufficient climax? Leaving a whole film for Venom related shenanigans.

If you watch Spider-Man 3, then turn it off right after Brock becomes Venom, for you that's a sufficient climax for the film and the 3 year wait? :p

I see what you're saying, and you're not the first one to suggest it, but I don't think that splitting the movie there would work out in execution nearly as well people think it would. They would probably have had to substantially rewritten the movie to make that work, which they just didn't have time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom