• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

ZeroX03

Banned
----------> *** GO HERE FOR REVIEWS *** <----------

Tekken 7 will be released on PC (Steam), PS4 and Xbox One on June 2, 2017.

Rage and Sorrow (Trailer)
How Tekken 7's Arcade Roots Are Shaping Its Console Form
Hi-Res Image Gallery
US PSN Store ($60 regular, $85 deluxe)
Steam Store ($50 regular, $75 deluxe)

The Tekken 7 Collector's Edition (available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One); collectors and hardcore Tekken fans will be pleased to learn that there will be a Tekken 7 Collector's Edition containing a spectacular statue measuring approximately 12" tall by 18" wide that features a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special Steel Book, and the official Tekken 7 soundtrack.

A Tekken 7 Season Pass (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, $25) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the Tekken 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the Tekken 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.

Tekken 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam) will feature DLC access to Eliza*, the famed vampire character that made her Tekken debut in Tekken Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform. *Eliza will be released as paid DLC at a later date.

A special Digital Xbox One Pre-order Pack (available on the Xbox Store beginning on January 31, 2017) will include DLC access to Eliza and a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

The Tekken 7 Digital Deluxe Edition (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam) will include Tekken 7 and the Season Pass.

Lastly, the PlayStation 4 version of Tekken 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play. Supports PS VR.

"We were trying our best to get the game out at that time, to get it into the hands of users as early as possible," said project leader Katsuhiro Harada told GameSpot during a press event in Tokyo last week. "We saw some titles--some from our own company and some from others--which didn't have a very good launch because of a lack of content, or whatever it was, that caused players to bash the product." Harada and team wanted to avoid a similar fate, deciding to continue forward with its original content plan, "even if that meant the game would come a little later."

According to Harada, the decision wasn't an easy one. "Although this is the first time we've actually announced a date, it wasn't always June. It came through a process and we made some hard decisions and that was the result." Apologetically, he added "'early' was probably March or April from your average person's perspective, so we're not going to try and sugar-coat it. We realise it's not 'early,' I'm so sorry!"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tekken-7-console-release-date-announced/1100-6447144/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01...than-expected?abthid=588607c0b42419f702000006
http://gematsu.com/2017/01/tekken-7-launches-june-2
@Flying_Wonkey

C23JXPIVQAAC4jg.jpg
C23JX5nUQAI3Q9J.jpg

C23JYgIUcAAmxom.jpg
C23JfAyUsAA17P0.jpg

Tekken-7_2017_01-23-17_026.jpg
Tekken-7_2017_01-23-17_032.jpg

32408062025_a807b98fa0_z.jpg
C23IQm_UoAEIklN.jpg:large

Minimum/Recommended Specs:
C23HDoNUkAEo2VO.jpg:large

Zukkoyaki

That's a very good date in my opinion. Not many high profile games release in June, lots of eyes are going to be on it.

"We saw some titles--some from our own company and some from others--which didn't have a very good launch because of a lack of content, or whatever it was, that caused players to bash the product."

Street Fighter V has everyone shook.

For real though, a delay is a delay, do what you gotta do to make the game better. I just wish they mentioned it sooner.

Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release. I definitely appreciate the apology given, though.

Tekken is arguably my favourite gaming series. I absolutely love it.

However...... This game will be nearly 2 years old by the time it releases on consoles....

Injustice 2 is out May 16th....

I think this is a terrible move because Injustice 2 looks really good too. I think it'll hurt them.

Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release.

Quote me here that this will never ever happen. How do people think this is even a possibility? haha

Guymelef

Where does it say there is no Switch version?

TEKKEN 7 - PS4/XB1/PC - Rage and Sorrow (English Trailer)
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe
Fighting is about who's left standing and nothing else... You've been waiting for the best fighting game of this generation: watch our explosive story trailer and get ready! Tekken 7 is coming June 2nd 2017 on PS4, XB1 and PC. The dark vampire is back: pre-order now to get Eliza for free! And discover our incredible Collector's Edition featuring Heihachi and Kazuya. More details on www.tekken.com

Hutchie

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release.

I doubt theyd give the switch an exclusive.

Shame, would've been the perfect Joycon game.

Might pick up on PS4 down the line.

(Also I can't stand how the faces don't line up on the boxart)

Ash735

This is fucking crazy! Look at how much the game is being split up, Season Passes, Exclusive Pre-Order Character, Exclusive Content on one platform, etc. Tekken was always the one fighting game that at least was released complete and had all the content in game to either earn, unlock, etc from actually PLAYING the game.

Playsage

Wait...

Tekken 2 King costume?

The "shirt & tie" costume?

OH. MY. GOD.

Edit: now, there's some light in all this. New content sounds good.

Alienous

"We saw some titles--some from our own company and some from others--which didn't have a very good launch because of a lack of content, or whatever it was, that caused players to bash the product."

Turns out Tekken 7 was Tekken vs. Street Fighter all along.

Damn.

Boke1879

Can't wait for this and it's releasing at a good time imo. First half of the year is looking damn good for releases.

Neoxon

The lack of a Switch version is a bit surprising given that the Wii U got TTT2, oh well.

As for the release date, a bit later than I expected, but I'll live. It'll at least give my wallet some breathing room after I get the Switch.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
In for T7 PS4 preorder :)

But this story trailer kinda worries me. I saw Jin for like a second, but no Xiaoyu.

Are they holding back because of spoilers? This is as much Jin's story as it is Heihahi an Kazuya's after all.

Yudoken

Cool costumes and jukebox mode exclusive on PS4?
And pc players of course get nothing...

I will buy it on pc and hope we get those things one way or the other.

zoukka

I know it's not easy to come up with new stuff, but that Heihachi/Kazuya story angle is getting incredibly old and boring.

This series needs a reboot at some point.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I know it's not easy to come up with new stuff, but that Heihachi/Kazuya story angle is getting incredibly old and boring.

This series needs a reboot at some point.

This is the final conclusion between Kazuya and Heihachi. Its been advertised as such for a long while

Top Bottom