• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

When you go to the Steam front page, the first thing you see is a bigass ad for Thief. Not the usual promo spot that cycles through various titles (that's below it), just a huge ad. What I want to know is why.

Just huge marketing push from Square-enix. The entire gmg is Thief too.

Doesn't that version still require the Uplay client?
Yes, but it's still a lot better.

Here's how Uplay standalone client works, click download game, after the download is finished, you have to install the game through an installer, with ToS and "next" buttons. Then comes the patches, each patch is downloaded separately, and all of them have their own installers. Once you applied a patch, Uplay would launch the game automatically without checking if there's a newer one, so if you want your game to be patched to the latest version, you'll also have to close the game multiple times to make it work.

Edit: I spend nearly an hour on updating SC: Blacklist to the latest version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Here's how Uplay standalone client works, click download game, after the download is finished, you have to install the game through an installer, with ToS and "next" buttons. Then comes the patches, each patch is downloaded separately, and all of them have their own installers. Once you applied a patch, Uplay would launch the game automatically without checking if there's a newer one, so if you want your game to be patched to the latest version, you'll also have to close the game multiple times to make it work.

Edit: I spend nearly an hour on updating SC: Blacklist to the latest version.

Obligatory:

1FsXPE1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Edit: I spend nearly an hour on updating SC:Blacklist to the latest version.

Oh, I'm well acquainted with the joy that is Uplay. Especially when it involves SC: Blacklist.

JaseC

I love that Steam is fast-becoming the simulator nexus of the digital world.

20% off ($11.99) for the next week.

JaseC

It hasnt been on sale once...

I just think NISA forgot the PC-market (and I think maybe the price was a bit too high).

It was on sale a few times in 2012 but apparently one of NISA's New Year's Resolutions for 2013 was "Stop discounting Cladun."

Edit: Oh god, Warehouse Simulator has licensed forklifts. That's awesome.

It was on sale a few times in 2012 but apparently one of NISA's New Year's Resolutions for 2013 was "Stop discounting Cladun."

Edit: Oh god, Warehouse Simulator has licensed forklifts. That's awesome.

Oh. Really?

I have it since I dont know how long in my wishlist and every sale I hope it goes on Sale. But it never does :(

JaseC

Oh. Really?

I have it since I dont know how long in my wishlist and every sale I hope it goes on Sale. But it never does :(

You should be able to get it for $12 from a trader, which coincidentally is how much it was on USD stores when discounted.

Turfster

Nice, someone modded full point & click into Grim Fandango.
Pity we'll never see a GOG or Steam rerelease now that Disney owns it.

When you go to the Steam front page, the first thing you see is a bigass ad for Thief. Not the usual promo spot that cycles through various titles (that's below it), just a huge ad. What I want to know is why.

They have been doing this for a while now for big releases, like a few years.

You should be able to get it for $12 from a trader, which coincidentally is how much it was on USD stores when discounted.

Yeah. Will do it when I have money again :D

Btw. whenever I check some of my games from my list, it seems even bad-mediocre games get good reviews. It seems just the worst of the worst gets the thumbs down reviews.

Turfster

So, in the end, is the new Thief worth getting or is it an insult to the series?

I'll tell you in a few days, when it unlocks for me.
The fact that it apparently has cutscenes that make you a bumbling fool and leave you standing out in the open, like in fucking max payne 3, doesn't fill me with hope.

zkylon

zkylewd
ah now I'm getting hype for the south park game, even tho I don't really like south park

it just feels so bad not to buy an obsidian game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom