• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
You know what I really loved about MGS2 and MGS3 was how I got to pay separately for the Tanker and Virtuous Mission components of the game.

Josh7289

I'll be waiting for the full retail version that includes both games. I'm not paying $30 for an extended demo, and a digital release. It will eventually be on one disc, and in physical form.

Bad move Konami.

It's not a bad move, because people like you will wait, and people who can't wait will double dip. It's a good profit-making move. They're a business.

SJRB

Gold Member
Six years? At most it'll be four. Kojima was working on PW until 2010.

They've been working on the FOX engine for years, I have no doubt a group of guys were working on FOX while Kojima was doing Peace Walker. The first images and renders of the engine started popping up pretty early.

I highly doubt it, Kojima would just include it with TPP if thats the case
the reason behind 2 separate games is more then likely because the prologue is big enough to stand on it's own.

So it's stated as one mission, it's set in the map they have shown in presentations and according to kojima:

As previously stated in an earlier interview, Kojima reiterates that every area you see in the cutscenes will be possible to visit during gameplay. The Ground Zeroes part will act as a prologue to the main game of Metal Gear Solid V, which will be used as a way to get used to the controls and the overall feel of the game.

During the Ground Zeroes portion, the area will be smaller and the time will remain the same, unlike the later part of the game that takes place in Afghanistan and other locations, and will revolve around a 24-hour clock, in addition to a weather mechanism system. Around the 3:35 mark of the video, we can get a look at how the seamless transition from cutscene to gameplay.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19/hideo-kojima-walks-us-through-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes/

Yup, time will also remain the same. No night and day cycle. Sounds like it's going to be huge.

Not happy about the next-gen tax, but the press release says that there are multiple missions and that building up Mother Base is a mechanic, so I think that it's going to be a bigger game than just the mission that was demoed.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How do you know that?
I don't, but common sense in the way Kojima makes his games tells me GZ will be like MGS1 on a larger scale, it will be a full game on it's own
while TPP will open up to multiple missions like GZ, different areas etc with loads of Ops.
but this is just guess work.

RaikuHebi

Banned
You know what I really loved about MGS2 and MGS3 was how I got to pay separately for the Tanker and Virtuous Mission components of the game.
I imagine this'll still be included in the Phantom Pain if you want to be patient.

I don't, but common sense in the way Kojima makes his games tells me GZ will be like MGS1 on a larger scale, it will be a full game on it's own
You should elaborate on this. It will be like MGS1 in so far as it involves a complex you sneak into.

lefantome

dat next gen demo.

10€ well spent for sure.

mgsvgz_ss_demo_001.jpg

nws_MetalGearSolidGroundZeroesWallpaperHD.jpg

mgsvgz_ss_game_002.jpg

He doesn't. Kojima fanboys are loony.

From my avatar you can guess that i am huge MGS fan but i am not a a fan of being ripped off. Something tell me that konami wants to milk as much money as they can, and it shows. I will not pay $90 just for one game, both should have been released on the same day but greed got in the way, very disappointed.

yep like I said GZ will likely be of the traditional MGS1 flavour.

You are out of your mind if you think a prologue meant to allow gamers to get used to new mechanics, is going to have as much content in it as a full game. That doesn't make any sense. And it obviously won't work like MGS1, because the new mechanics wouldn't make a lick of sense in a MGS1 style game.

Loakum

Banned
I'm curious to see what advantages does the next gen versions has over the current versions of MGS Ground Zeroes, or is it just a direct port?

daveo42

Banned
I'll probably still pick this up when it launches next year, even though they'll most likely bundle the damn with Phantom Pain in a collector's edition for $20 more anyway and include a ton of extra goodies.

TGO

You are out of your mind if you think a prologue meant to allow gamers to get used to new mechanics, is going to have as much content in it as a full game. That doesn't make any sense. And it obviously won't work like MGS1, because the new mechanics wouldn't make a lick of sense in a MGS1 style game.
ok it's a 2 hour demo, better now?
you don't compare it to full game you have to compare it to TPP, how big is it to TPP & that gives you the asker to why its 29.99

Lime

Kojima Productions haven't made a good game since 2005, so I don't see much reason to why their credentials would justify this steep price. Besides, this is a case of a game with explicit objectification, Jack Bauer phoning it in, Saturday Morning Cartoon villain, and it's developed on a current-gen engine.

There are simply not much incentive in my opinion to make me pay a relatively high price (or waste my time on it) for MGS5 tanker level.

Facism

i think i'll wait until they release the full, complete game before i think about giving them money.

TGO

You should elaborate on this. It will be like MGS1 in so far as it involves a complex you sneak into.
Yeah, 1 mission over night in, sounds familiar? TPP will obviously be over multiple days in different locations.
it's a demo yeah but only compared to TPP.

Atrophis

Would normally day 1 but with the pricing all over the place and no boxed next gen version...eh I'm going to wait and see how this pans out. I'd much rather get a combined version with Phantom Pain later on.

jett

D-Member
Those next-gen prices are bullshit. Current-gen prices are also bullshit for what it's going to amount to a glorified demo of MGSV.

AppleMIX

Guys, we really can't guess the amount of content that is in the game. We've literally only seen one map.

Also, i'm kind of glad. I like the idea of developers pushing smaller games.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, time will also remain the same. No night and day cycle. Sounds like it's going to be huge.

Are you sure there is no day/night cycle? Some of the released photos show daylight.

From the factsheet:

◦VARIOUS IN-GAME WEATHER SETTINGS – Ground Zeroes will test the player in a variety of time and weather environments that will be central to METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain. Use night conditions to your advantage, or poor weather as strategic cover.

Top Bottom