• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

Chocobro

Along with looking at my workout I added macros to my google excel that I use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KNaK0Ylg2JUeK4M7ODfPaLmFyEulwdrQYViJmU3ff0/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone have the time can they scan over the excel sheet and give feedback? It is still a work in progress but most of the info is there.

You may want to include fiber in there as you don't digest and get calories from it. Although a label will say food X has 25g carbs, 5g fiber will make it 20g net carbs; 5g difference will mean 20 calories off and it adds up if you get quite a bit of fiber.

Here's my spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-9SN5lLY7rHS5aLR-kYF7kAeyAk8iKeZGVb38ohae4/edit?usp=sharing
I'm surprised I've been eating the same meal plan (Draft v2.X in thelink above) for about 6 months .

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just used my Skulpt Chisel for the first time, and now I'm depressed. lol

Arms and legs are good. Chest is shiiiiiiit, abs are fat. :(

Never heard of this thing. Looks pretty legit from the website, but of course it would.

Is this thing really accurate? I'd happily drop $100 to have a mostly accurate body fat measuring tool.

AM & PM boxing for me today! This was me doing my best old-school boxer pose for a impromptu photo-shoot after conditioning is morning, about to head to the 6PM conditioning in a minute.

Shameless Plug
You can get the battle stringer at Battle District Sply Co. I just released today.
yVSUxyEl.jpg

AM & PM boxing for me today! This was me doing my best old-school boxer pose for a impromptu photo-shoot after conditioning is morning, about to head to the 6PM conditioning in a minute.

Shameless Plug
You can get the battle stringer at Battle District Sply Co. I just released today.
yVSUxyEl.jpg
Awesome pic!

Will only know over time I guess. Readings being localised makes me much more inclined to believe it than standard BIA scales though.
I feel scales and the like are consistent, more than accurate. I wouldn't mind one of those chisels, tho. Rad little device.

Never heard of this thing. Looks pretty legit from the website, but of course it would.

Is this thing really accurate?
Not really, I read a review by a guy who got a DEXA scan then used the Skulpt and it had him at 2.2% lower than the DEXA. Since the use case is measuring trends, that much error doesn't speak well for providing useful data. You'd only be able to confidently measure really big moves.

Got my results back from my physical. Doctor says that I'm in great health, yet my HDL levels are low. He advises me that I need to exercise more to decrease the size of my stomach and eat more items that can increase those levels (dark chocolate, red and/or purple fruits, red wine, etc).

The problem is, I already workout 4-5 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour each day, and am already eating much smaller portions than I was when I first started doing this at the beginning of the year. I don't know what else I can do. Should I switch to a more HIIT-focused workout instead of focusing on cardio mixed in with weight lifting?

Dany

Banned
Did you tell your doctor you already work out as frequently as you do? Are you already eating heart-healthy foods? How are your LDL's?

I feel scales and the like are consistent, more than accurate

Sadly not. The science says they're really not to be relied upon.

Not really, I read a review by a guy who got a DEXA scan then used the Skulpt and it had him at 2.2% lower than the DEXA. Since the use case is measuring trends, that much error doesn't speak well for providing useful data. You'd only be able to confidently measure really big moves.

It's pretty much the same in this respect. You wont get close to the gold standards with BIA, full stop. But still it's much more interesting than standard BIA because of the focus on individual body parts. Sadly not all of us have access to things like DEXA or Bodpods, which means we're stuck relying on far less accurate methods such as BIA and Skinfold.

At the end of the day, I think it's just a cool little gadget and I'll be interesting to see what it says over time.

Edit - Funnily enough, ~2% is actually better than I'd have expected.

Did you tell your doctor you already work out as frequently as you do? Are you already eating heart-healthy foods? How are your LDL's?

Yep. Made sure to mention that when he asked me about my exercise rate. LDL levels are optimum. Already eating more fruits, veggies, and lean proteins while cutting back on carbs.

I'm trying to be in the best possible shape by my wedding in October, and I see results everywhere except my stomach area.

Dany

Banned
Keep at it, don't be discouraged. you're already are practicing a lot of good habits. HIIT is great for weight reduction imo. Worked for me as did cardio. Initially I did Cardio for 30 minutes then ramped it up to an hour, jogging then biking. After several months I started doing HIIT, which worked as well.

You may want to include fiber in there as you don't digest and get calories from it. Although a label will say food X has 25g carbs, 5g fiber will make it 20g net carbs; 5g difference will mean 20 calories off and it adds up if you get quite a bit of fiber.

Here's my spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-9SN5lLY7rHS5aLR-kYF7kAeyAk8iKeZGVb38ohae4/edit?usp=sharing
I'm surprised I've been eating the same meal plan (Draft v2.X in thelink above) for about 6 months .

Good advice! I will edit it in now and nice excel document. There is something beautiful about tracking your fitness in a google doc.

Shameless Plug
yVSUxyEl.jpg

Nice website man. You don't go to Beta Academy on 14th St do you?

Keep at it, don't be discouraged. you're already are practicing a lot of good habits. HIIT is great for weight reduction imo. Worked for me as did cardio. Initially I did Cardio for 30 minutes then ramped it up to an hour, jogging then biking. After several months I started doing HIIT, which worked as well.

Thanks. I think I'm going to bump up my cardio time a bit and also get in some HIIT session when I can.

Samara

I love track work (sprints). That's my recommendation. Simply Shredded has a great article on cranking it up at the track with HIIT.

Crank It Up: Sprinting Towards Single Digit Body Fat Percentages With High Intensity Training
*I personally don't care for the workout portion of that article, but the sprint routine is solid.

Thanks for the article. You are ripped.

I haven't been in fit gaf for maybe a year and a half. The transformations... WOW.
Here's to keeping up with the new thread and getting my shape back. 😡

Awesome pic!
Thanks bruh. I appreciate it.

best physique in GAF
I'm sure there are lurkers man. You look great yourself, you always hold it down for GAFitness

Patrol! Thank you.

Damn Team Jones! Looking fucking awesome!
I've been working at it for about 12 years only started to see results about 7 years ago.
Looking great, but I was expecting this pose.

450px-Ali-Liston_II.jpg
You just inspired me, next time I'll try the Ali.
Nice website man. You don't go to Beta Academy on 14th St do you?
Nah, Hard Training Club in Adam Morgan. Never been to Beta Academy. Do you frequent there?
There you go bud. Looking ripped as usual.
Two-a-day boxing has ripped me, like ripped my soul lol. Thanks bruh bruh.

BumRush

Anyone else feel like sometimes, on your last set of squats, when you're in the hole, that it'd just be so much easier to lay down and go to bed than stand up? Squats suck.

mdsfx

Anyone else feel like sometimes, on your last set of squats, when you're in the hole, that it'd just be so much easier to lay down and go to bed than stand up? Squats suck.
Oh man yeah I got destroyed Monday on squats. Just barely hit my target for my amrap set, but not without some serious yelling through my teeth. The only other dude in the gym looked at me like I was mutating. I just couldn't fucking help it though lol

KillerBEA

Shameless Plug
yVSUxyEl.jpg
Looking great man, amazing physique!
For me it's the leg press accessory work afterward that truly inflicts the wobbly leg.

Leg Press is evil. All the Doms from that thing.

Lol!

Damn. That bad, huh? Haha
Ha! Dude when I roll out if bed in the morning I wish it was onto another bed XD

But that's why the oversoul created caffeine :DDDDDDD

-

3 more days of bulk left. Going to initiate the cooter brotocol when I hit max deficit as I slowly drop calories.

I'm scared :O I don't think I can do 10k in a day. That's legend status.

mdsfx

F*cking Psychotext. Your cardio antics certainly inspired me to push through this cycling session. Couldn't stop imagining your 24+ hour races.

Still have 20 minutes left so... guess I'll hop back on for a little more torture lol

The calories are a lie

BumRush

Ha! Dude when I roll out if bed in the morning I wish it was onto another bed XD

-

3 more days of bulk left. Going to initiate the cooter brotocol when I hit max deficit as I slowly drop calories.

I usually go 5-6K instead of anywhere close to 10K...but I don't eat at a significant deficit the other days. Try that instead (if you're easing into the brotocol), because 10K is going to wreck your insides the next day lol.

Teggy

F*cking Psychotext. Your cardio antics certainly inspired me to push through this cycling session. Couldn't stop imagining your 24+ hour races.

Still have 20 minutes left so... guess I'll hop back on for a little more torture lol

The calories are a lie

Wow, I hope some poor soul isn't getting fooled by that number. I would jump off the bike and eat a whole day's worth of food!

I usually go 5-6K instead of anywhere close to 10K...but I don't eat at a significant deficit the other days. Try that instead (if you're easing into the brotocol), because 10K is going to wreck your insides the next day lol.
I'll def take it easy early on. I'm tired of food at this point.

mdsfx

Wow, I hope some poor soul isn't getting fooled by that number. I would jump off the bike and eat a whole day's worth of food!
I think millions get fooled on a daily basis, thinking it allows them to eat an extra 1000+ calories when they've only burned 5-600.

Still have 20 minutes left so... guess I'll hop back on for a little more torture

Zero heart rate? Psh... you're barely even living. Work much?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

-

You can and you will.

Szu

The calories are a lie

These display remind me of 80's sci fi movies. For some reason, I've got Star Wars on my mind.

So, here's some motivation in the form of Star Wars.

Stay on target!!!!!

Top Bottom