• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 will have DLC

duckroll

From the official site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd_fcp/

xPsIQNk.jpg

No announcements have been made yet on what sort of DLC to expect for the game, but given how it is a very peculiar thing to have for what is essentially a HD remaster for a 3DS game bundled with a playable teaser demo of KH3, I thought people might want a thread to talk about it get all the outrage out of their systems before the official announcement of the contents is made. :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kairi costume for Aqua

For $9.99

I imagine it will be microtransactions to power up your dream eaters and avoid any grind.

Normally I would be against such shoddy practices, but in this case I can only applaud them for encouraging people to play less of DDD. It is money very well spent.

ultron87

Obviously we aren't seeing the drop gauge in the trailers because the trailer players have all bought the premium drop stopper for 5.99.

Ludens

Banned

No announcements have been made yet on what sort of DLC to expect for the game, but given how it is a very peculiar thing to have for what is essentially a HD remaster for a 3DS game bundled with a playable teaser demo of KH3, I thought people might want a thread to talk about it get all the outrage out of their systems before the official announcement of the contents is made. :)
This is garbage. I mean, this is a collection containing a (probably) very short prologue fo KH3, and still SE wants to release dlcs for it?
This is very stupid. Even if those are skins, I find it awful ask additional money for an already overpriced remastered (yeah, Aqua chapter is new, but the other game is a remastered, while the third content is just a novel or whatever, still this collection costs like a new retail game, at least here in Italy, since it's 61€).

I mean, imagine if Konami would release dlcs for Ground Zeroes, it would be ridiculous, the same thing applies here. SE is turning worse than EA, greedy factor is over 9000 here.

As someone who has never played a game in this series but who has always had a slight interest in it...the names of the titles are really weird.

RocknRola

Hopefully just cosmetical stuff that has zero impact on actual gameplay. Unless they wanna go all in and do a proper DLC episode or something, that I'd be cool with.

RDreamer

As someone who has never played a game in this series but who has always had a slight interest in it...the names of the titles are really weird.

As someone who has played most of the games in this series... the names of the titles are really weird... also they reflect the batshit insanity of the story going on throughout the series.

Malyse

There's an internal logic to them and this is as on the tin as it get.
Final Chapter Prologue - the last bit you need to play before KH3
2.8 = 3 (last game) - 0.2 (the latest story bit chronologically in franchise)

I'll bet that any KH title is more explainable than Death Stranding turns out being
Are we sure they don't mean downloadable trailers, wallpapers, avatars and stuff by "DLC/Special"?

No we don't and that's what's most likely. KH loves doing themes and stuff like that.

platocplx

I don't mean the delay is ridiculous (I was already expecting), but that there are too many games coming Q1 2017.

OH! okay yeah i was like wtf its only a month i get you now the Q1 2017 release calendar is ridiculously packed you have Nioh, Nier, Horizon, KH 2.8, Persona 5,RE7 possibly,for honor,Yakuza 0 all in jan-feb lol

You summed fairly well why this looks like such a cheap move.
Then again, the underlying issue is how on board people were with this game's value to begin with.

RK128

Wait, a remastered port of a 3DS game & two new games (one sudo demo ala Ground Zeroes & a in-engine movie) is getting DLC?

Well......stranger things have happened and its likely just skins and stuff. But the fact DLC is even in this game is laughable to be honest and I wouldn't be surprised if its 'pay-to-win' stuff like EXP orb bundles or something.

At least the Aqua portion of KHII.8 looks promising and I personally enjoyed Dream Drop Distance so happy its getting the HD treatment.

tr00per

Does anyone else find it strange that kh3 is releasing on xbox one and not 2.8? And that neither ps4 nor xbox one is (officially) receiving 1.5/2.5?

And what do you suppose the chances are of a 1.5/2.5/2.8 collection releasing next year to hype kh3?

And a new utada song for kh3? :(

EDIT: nomura's twitter message about next year being the 15th anniversary makes me think a complete collection is likely

I'd bet money on KH3 having not only DLC but a season pass. Not only has FF15 got a season pass, but KH1, 2, and BBS got more content via final mix games. So it'd be easy just doing a season pass, and then then GOTY/FINAL MIX edition with thta same DLC.

Top Bottom