• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

HaNks

Banned
They released WW HD early digital, also the Mario Kart VC promotion discount on Mario Kart 8 is coming this week

yup that's what made me think. bound to be a lot more pre-orders down for this one though. and i think they are going for a more worldwide date. the WW thing was only for NA, so who knows.

straight up early release at digital/retail would please everyone. do it nintendo!

Hmm how early?

mk8_zpsa5edf618.png

That is the email I got after the chat. No specific date, but there is a possibility of it shipping earlier.

m.i.s.

Banned
My order said delivery June 3rd still. So, I canceled it then ordered it again and was even able to apply my Amazon Points to it.

Now saying April 16-22 for delivery.

Let's see how this pans out....

Not to get everyone's hopes up but Good Friday is 18th April.and Easter Sunday 20th April. School hols [2 weeks] will fall somewhere around those dates in the UK.

Possibilty rising.

centracore

I just chatted with Amazon support myself, sounds like they are pretty confident about the new Mario Kart 8 release date..

MitvI32.png

Not to get everyone's hopes up but Good Friday is 18th April.and Easter Sunday 20th April. School hols [2 weeks] will fall somewhere around those dates in the UK.

Possibilty rising.

That would be perfect timing for Nintendo!!

This post could confirm it :)

Uk holidays 4th to 28th I believe covers all of the UK one week at either side

Has Amazon CS ever been this consistently wrong before? I think that it's at least time for a mod to add a "?" to the thread title until we sort this out.

I just chatted with Amazon support myself, sounds like they are pretty confident about the new Mario Kart 8 release date..

MitvI32.png

Wait, so the Amazon rep is confirming that it has already gone gold, and is packaged and ready for companies like Amazon to order?

Or maybe he/she is making a assumption, based off the March 10 release date/ship 2-4 weeks, which could be an error?

That rep saying its already released, doesnt sit right with me.

AdanVC

I can't help but get hyped as well... What if all main gaming websites are in a secret meeting right now playing a preview for MK8 and then this thursday or friday Nintendo announces the new release date with a new trailer for late april on Twitter, Facebook, etc. and those gaming websites publish their previews and... ok I should stop :(

Hindl

Oh man, this is gonna cause so much hype. I really hope this is real, because if not, I could see people blaming Nintendo for this somehow.

I also hope it's real because I need it D:

HaNks

Banned
its happening.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in April 2014!

bwahaha. really hope so though, my bday is on april 20. 4/20 for lyfe yo.

nawz

Banned
I'm going Bangladesh on 16th for two weeks. Thank god my dad is flying out on 20th. Packing my wiiu in my suitcase and fucking completing that shit with the high chance of power outage ruining my progress but fuck it.

Yeah boi mofo yuuuuussss

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
6 years after Mario Kart Wii - they have to drop it in april. End of may will leave the WiiU in coma for these months.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Nintendo should be bombarding the Wii's inbox with messages about where you can play a new Mario Kart game online for free. Using the Wii user base as a platform for promoting the Wii U is easy advertising at no cost. Messages about Mario Kart 8's release and free online before Mario Kart Wii's wifi gets unconnected is crucial for this to work though.

Jado

Banned
Pretty safe to assume that rep is simply taking that incorrect date in Amazon's system at face value and giving a canned response. The machine could've said "April 2012" and dude would've said "Yup, we've had Unreleased Product for nearly two years and it will be shipping to you in 2 weeks. Have a nice day."

HaNks

Banned
I ordered from thehut.com a UK website that are known to delivery early too!!!!!!!!!!!

those people are quite closely connected to nintendo, they run the official store here too. but you'd think this kind of thing wouldn't leak out so easy?

those people are quite closely connected to nintendo, they run the official store here too. but you'd think this kind of thing wouldn't leak out so easy?

Cranky Kong says hi. Also, DKs release date delay.

I want to believe. MK seems to be Wii U's biggest console mover, and it May kill its momentum, releasing a week before e3. Where you'll possibly have VR from Sony, and big games shown from ms and Sony.

It would have the same affect, if you release it after e3, on top of extending the Wii U drought.

Top Bottom