• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier Announced (PC/PS4/XB1) - Cinematic Adventure Game

Basically this game looks about on par with the PS1 Planet of the Apes

hqdefault.jpg

Your eyes must be broken.

You know, I was just thinking the other day that a game set in the Planet of the Apes universe could be very good and something new at least.

Tsunamo

I've quite enjoyed the new trilogy and love the universe so new stuff is always welcome. I'll keep a eye on it, bit of a shame it's a point and click but i'm still interested. Andy Serkis being involved too aswell is nice.

Adryuu

I really was hoping for the apes to go down the farm and stealth rob some food then be discovered and cover shit shoot some humans... But nope. Then the humans scene looked like creepy crappy mocap. Disappointed. Is it confirmed to just be decisions and scenes? No moving, platforming, stealth, combat? ...

But hey, first reaction was holy shit unexpected interesting. At least they got that

MRORANGE

Wait, this isn't even a game, you just have two choices and it leads on like a interactive movie... this could have been amazing as a TPS or something.

BigEmil

Wait, this isn't even a game, you just have two choices and it leads on like a interactive movie... this could have been amazing as a TPS or something.
Isn't that what walking simulators are or Telltale like games? They seem to be doing fine and people don't have trouble calling those games too

Dremorak

Banned
Man, if you're going to focus on the story like this you need better animation. Also not a great first showing in general IMO. It felt super flat and boring to watch.

Top Bottom