• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick question PS4/PS4 Pro digital content

cormack12

Gold Member
My googling is not on point today, or the terms I'm using are not search friendly. Currently got a launch PS4, and am upgrading to Pro in about a month.

I've got some games pre-ordered like Lost Legacy (not even sure if this has a Pro version). I can't see an option to get the PS4 Pro version on the Sony Store. So if I download this now regular on my PS4, will it upgrade to the Pro version if I redownload it then?

I tried looking at Horizon to see if there was a seperate digital item for the Pro version (as I know this has a Pro version) but it's not listed seperately so am assuming the store auto detects? Or the standard PS4 version ships with the Pro enhancements, just disabled?

Or does Pro content only show up if I have a Pro linked to my account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A game's Pro version isn't a separate SKU, just a different configuration of graphics settings. Not unlike how many PC games auto-apply a certain graphics quality preset depending on the hardware detected.

Lost Legacy has the same Pro support as A Thief's End, by the way.

Liamc723

There is no separate "Pro version" of any game.

The game automatically detects which console you have and applies the upgrades automatically.

MattAces

The Pro will works exactly like normal PS4. You don't have to toggle any setting or download anything. If there's a Pro update, it will be downloaded as "software updates". You use the same exact copy of the game, the game will detect if it's running on Pro or standard to provide the specific benefits.

Top Bottom