• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video shows a teen falling off a Six Flags ride — and a crowd gathering to catch her

They have these rides at Lagoon in Utah. I went on it once and I would never do it again.

The people in front of me and behind me were purposely bouncing up and down which made my little car thing bounce violently from side to side. The "door" is just a little metal bar that locks in place with a little metal stick. It looked like it would be pretty easy to undo it yourself if you wanted.

I have no idea how she ended up in this position though, unless she somehow slipped through the bottom or the guy inside opened up the gate and pushed her out.

How the hell do you even get in a position like that in the first place. Article says the ride was inspected and all safety measures were in place and functioning.

Zucchi

I rode those gondolas at that park, as a kid years ago. I remember my friend and I dropping french fries on people from above, lol. Glad she's ok.

Ponn

Banned
Seeing all these amusement park and water park malfunctions over the years I just think back when I was a kid and being scared to death looking at a ride or looking down a water slide and having an adult tell me "Don't worry, its safe"

So many fucking liars from my childhood.

Seeing all these amusement park and water park malfunctions over the years I just think back when I was a kid and being scared to death looking at a ride or looking down a water slide and having an adult tell me "Don't worry, its safe"

*damaged*

Now we can safely say to them: "fuck you, it wasn't safe"

You can tell it's America because of all the clapping.

Am I a horrible person if I actually laughed at this?

Fisty

Love that dumbass woman doing the commentary, shit-talking security while just standing there with a phone in her hand like shes an off-duty superhero or something

This reminds me of a gondola ride in wildwood New Jersey. Shit was higher than this and it didn't even have a fucking bar pull down over you. For like 7 minutes I was scared as fuck. Never slipped like this though.

Love that dumbass woman doing the commentary, shit-talking security while just standing there with a phone in her hand like shes an off-duty superhero or something

Reading the OP I was thinking the same thing, like, if you know that you're supposed to immobilize someone after a fall like that, why not walk over and make that clear instead of just filming and tsk-tsking all the people who don't know?

GAF I am disappoint

untitled-1foshn.gif

I would be curious how she ended up like that. It isn't like those rides are fast moving or jarring. They may need to use different safety mechanisms.

I'm glad she's OK, and here's good luck to her living a life where whatever the fuck happened is immortalized on the internet forever w/ pictures.

MIMIC

Banned
No, just keep emotions inside and walk away. It's not like the person's actually someone you know, plus you don't want to ruin others' enjoyment of the park.

Oh crap... sorry guys I was mocking a thread awhile back about Americans clapping at the movies... sorry! ��

xD

Honestly that comment had just the right about of both ridiculousness and sincerity. I was only mostly sure it was a joke, lol

Chirotera

Banned
Those onlookers didn't even burst into a spontaneous rendition of the Star Spangled Banner while firing their guns off into the air! And you people think they're American?

Probably a bused in group of sympathetic Canadians with their "let's just clap and walk away," feel good attitude.

HeySeuss

I like how so many of you took that one post seriously. It's time for some of you to back away from your keyboards and put your pitchforks down because that was painfully obvious it was meant as a joke.

gcubed

They have these rides at Lagoon in Utah. I went on it once and I would never do it again.

The people in front of me and behind me were purposely bouncing up and down which made my little car thing bounce violently from side to side. The "door" is just a little metal bar that locks in place with a little metal stick. It looked like it would be pretty easy to undo it yourself if you wanted.

I have no idea how she ended up in this position though, unless she somehow slipped through the bottom or the guy inside opened up the gate and pushed her out.

i mean, besides the rocking... millions of people do it successfully with big ass fucking skis on

How the hell do you even get in a position like that in the first place. Article says the ride was inspected and all safety measures were in place and functioning.

hard to add rider common sense to the safety measure check list

see5harp

Of all of the rides to fall off of it's this slow ass ski lift of a ride? Fuck man most old school ski lefts don't even have any harnesses at all and as kids we'd rock the shit out of them.

Top Bottom