• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

shingi70

Banned
Great job, thank you Kree!

Also I made this the last hour:

test.png

I have no idea why .png uploads don't work on Imgur all of a sudden.

I thought this is relevant to the thread as well?

------------------------------------------------------

New Spider-Man: Homecoming promo:

------------------------------------------------------

Conceptual artist Anthony Francisco's official art for Teen Groot:

And Baby Groot:

Shouldn't Agent Carter Season 2 be right after season 1?

jph139

Shouldn't Agent Carter Season 2 be right after season 1?

I mean, it also lists Incredible Hulk as skippable (despite Stark and Ross), puts Guardians 2 WAY after the original, and seems to slap the Netflix stuff in at random, so... yeah, not a guide I'd recommend.

But I'm a Release Order kinda guy anyways.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I keep forgetting that The Punisher is not only a show that was already written and filmed, but that it's supposed to be coming out this year.

Pachimari

I'm actually interested in watching the first season of Agents of Shield and Winter Soldier in the order of when they happen in the timeline.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's a Jimmy Urine track called "Un Deye Gon Hayd (The Unloved Song)" Jimmy is the main dude from Mindless Self Indulgence and also the Ravager with the long emo cut that eats the spider off the tree. My understanding is that it's not been released yet.

I forgot to thank you for this! Thanks!

I expect Sony to be the bigger problem in this regard.

If audiences make Venom a success, Sony isn't gonna be sticking in the MCU longer than they need to lol. They already sick that even the people starring in Homecoming consider the movie a Marvel Studios production.

Anth0ny

If audiences make Venom a success, Sony isn't gonna be sticking in the MCU longer than they need to lol. They already sick that even the people starring in Homecoming consider the movie a Marvel Studios production.

I think it would actually be pretty cool if the Guardians land on Earth for Avengers 4 or whatever... and the symbiote somehow attached to their ship and that's how it gets to Peter and Eddie.

Better than the explanation we got in Spidey 3 lol

Too bad the actual Venom movie will completely drop the ball.

mreddie

David Dastmalchian said:
“I can say Ant-Man and The Wasp is going to do things in the Marvel universe that they haven’t gotten an opportunity to do yet and I just got some tidbits the other day and they’re mind-blowing, It’s going to be really cool.”

tellmemore.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think we had a guide linked in the OT2 but I can't remember who had it or linked it.

you rang

http://thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?13339-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline

That gives a minute-by-minute breakdown of how the Marvel Cinematic Universe has unfolded chronologically, with debates and reasonings found within that thread. It's ... exhaustive. It's also the best timeline I've ever found.

But splitting up pieces of episodes and movies might be a little excessive to most. So this is the watch order I would use, which generally hews to the chronological timeline set forth on The Comic Board but doesn't split up chunks movies and episodes (but it does sometimes split off mid-credit and after-credit scenes from movies, since those often involve time jumps):

Captain America: TFA
Agent Carter S1
Agent Carter S2
Iron Man
Iron Man end credits scene
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
Iron Man 2 end credits scene
Thor
Thor end credits scene
The Consultant
Captain America: The First Avenger end credits scene
Avengers
Avengers end credits scene
Avengers mid-credits scene
Item 47
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 3 end credits scene
Hail to the King
Agents of SHIELD S1 episodes 1 through 7
Thor: TDW
Thor: TDW mid-credits scene
Thor: TDW end credits scene
Agents of SHIELD S1 episodes 8 through 16
Captain America: TWS
Captain America: TWS end credits scene
Agents of SHIELD S1 episodes 17 and 18
Captain America: WS mid-credits scene
Agents of SHIELD S1 episodes 19 through 22
Agents of SHIELD S2 episodes 1 and 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy end credits scene
Daredevil S1
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 mid- and end credits scenes #2, then #5, then #1, then #4
Agents of SHIELD S2 episodes 3 through 5
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 mid-credits scene #3
Jessica Jones S1
Agents of SHIELD S2 episodes 6 through 19
Avengers: AoU
Agents of SHIELD S2 episodes 20 through 22
Avengers: AoU mid-credits scene
WHIH Newsfront videos circa July 2015
Ant-Man
Daredevil S2 episodes 1 through 6
Agents of SHIELD S3 episodes 1 through 10
Daredevil S2 episodes 7 through 8, Luke Cage S1 episodes 1 and 2, Daredevil S2 episodes 9 through 11, Luke Cage S1 episodes 3 through 6, Daredevil S2 episodes 12 and 13
Luke Cage S1 episodes 7 through 13
Agents of SHIELD S3 episodes 11 through 19
WHIH Newsfront videos circa April and May 2016
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: Civil War mid-credits scene
Captain America: Civil War end credits scene
Agents of SHIELD S3 episodes 20 through 22
Wing Dojo commercial and New York Bulletin special report videos circa March 2017
Iron Fist S1
The Defenders S1
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Punisher S1
Agents of SHIELD S4 episodes 1 through 8
Slingshot
Agents of SHIELD S4 episodes 9 through 22
Inhumans S1
Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange end credits scene
Doctor Strange mid-credits scene
Thor: Ragnarok
Agents of SHIELD S5 episodes 1 through 7
Black Panther
Agents of SHIELD S5 episodes 8 through 18
Avengers: Infinity War
Agents of SHIELD S5 episodes 19 through 22

It gets a little speculative on my part toward the end. And my watch list throws out Incredible Hulk's end-credits scene and the Agent Carter one-shot because they both basically got retconned.

Pachimari

you rang

http://thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?13339-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline

That gives a minute-by-minute breakdown of how the Marvel Cinematic Universe has unfolded chronologically, with debates and reasonings found within that thread. It's ... exhaustive. It's also the best timeline I've ever found.
This is a good one, thanks for this! I think that both ways of watching the timeline (in release order, or in this other way are interesting.)

Here's a new Spider-Man: Homecoming standee:

d8Mwgob.png

According to Finn Jones, we'll see a much more matured and developed Danny Rand by the end of Defenders. They want to take this kid, place him among these other heroes, before he gets to be the Iron Fist. And at this point, I hope they find another showrunner for a Season 2, where we really gets to see, what it means to take up the mantle as Iron Fist.

”The thing with Danny is that we're taking an ordinary kid with a lot of issues and we're trying to iron those out first before getting to Danny as Iron Fist. And what we'll see in Defenders is Danny coming to terms with being a superhero," Jones stated. ”In The Defenders when he first starts, he doesn't even know what a superhero is and then he meets those guys and he's like ‘WHOA. This is cool,' and by the end of it you kind of see Danny really coming to the grips with his responsibility in a much more mature way."

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I'm dubious if we'll even get a Season 2 of Iron Fist. Shouldn't they have announced it by now?

At its earliest, probably wouldn't release much before the end of 2019 if you take other scheduled shows into consideration (Punisher, DD S3, LC S2 & JJ S2). Not worth announcing now imo.

Which is fine by me. They can take their time with it.

Pachimari

If I was Marvel TV, I wouldn't announce a second season until they are sure they can get a competent showrunner onboard, so they don't end up with no options but Scott Buck who can get together a show in very little time. They should avoid a rushed production.

Glass Rebel

I think the changes I'd need from S1 to S2 for me to care would make Iron Fist a completely different show. I don't know what they have planned for him post-Defenders but if it's 1) not mostly mystic kung-fu fuckery and 2) helmed by Scott Buck again, they can count me out.

Can we get MODOK in Ant Man/Wasp please? I feel like he'd only work in a comedy.

Also, Holland will totally be willing to play Spidey for however long and Sony will totally not let him. My dreams are haunted by how Sony will manage to fuck up their MCU links after Homecoming.

El Topo

Glass Rebel

There's no logical reason for Sony not to continue the deal with Marvel if it's successful. The only thing that's really changed for them is that the external production company has changed from Arad Productions (et al) to Marvel Studios with the added benefit of being part of the MCU. We don't know the exact details of the deal but one could argue that Marvel Studios themselves is getting the short end of the stick here because they're essentially giving up two slots for movies in a franchise that reliably makes $500m per movie in revenue.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can we get MODOK in Ant Man/Wasp please? I feel like he'd only work in a comedy.

Also, Holland will totally be willing to play Spidey for however long and Sony will totally not let him. My dreams are haunted by how Sony will manage to fuck up their MCU links after Homecoming.
Thats my biggest problem. They are able to completly fuck up the MCU pretty easy.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Sort of.

I think it's likely that given the abhorrent critical reception of Iron Fist they might take a bit longer to figure out what to do.

-Get a better showrunner, most crucially one with a solid martial arts background.
-Use Season 2 as something of a soft-reboot for the character, adopting a lighter, more exciting tone which fully embraces the comic book silliness of the world of Iron Fist.
-Take Danny in a different direction, dropped all the angst leaden characterisation, in a favour of a more optimistic, cheerful kid who's just trying to do good.
-Take far more time to work on the kung-fu choreography, both through planning it out and getting the stunt team to work on it far more in rehearsal.
-Put Danny in the suit, if only so that it'll be easier to disguise the actor's face in favour of switching in more competent stunt doubles for the action sequences.
-Move away from The Hand stuff.

Hugh Jackman was Wolverine for nearly 2 decades.

Why not Holland?

One of the benefits Jackman had were the infrequency of X-Men films. He had a very flexible schedule. Holland is actually a solid young actor and I imagine he'd like to have a range of roles. So if he manages to strike a balance of Spider-Man to Lost City of Z-like roles, it'll help keep from burning out.

For now it seems he'll be doing at least one Spidey role a year until 2019. But even those are a couple months in a year.

El Topo

-Get a better showrunner, most crucially one with a solid martial arts background.
-Use Season 2 as something of a soft-reboot for the character, adopting a lighter, more exciting tone which fully embraces the comic book silliness of the world of Iron Fist.
-Take Danny in a different direction, dropped all the angst leaden characterisation, in a favour of a more optimistic, cheerful kid who's just trying to do good.
-Take far more time to work on the kung-fu choreography, both through planning it out and getting the stunt team to work on it far more in rehearsal.
-Put Danny in the suit, if only so that it'll be easier to disguise the actor's face in favour of switching in more competent stunt doubles for the action sequences.
-Move away from The Hand stuff.

Honestly? I'd say they might be better off just making a show for a new character instead. Give us Shang-Chi!

SpaceWolf

Banned
Honestly? I'd say they might be better off just making a show for a new character instead. Give us Shang-Chi!

Oh sure, just give us a show about Colleen Wing. Or Ward Meechum for that matter.

It's just that if we're going to get another season of Danny, there are probably ways he can be salvaged.

El Topo

It's just that if we're going to get another season of Danny, there are probably ways he can be salvaged.

Not sure if they can really come back from such a trainwreck and I'm not sure if it's worth the effort for Netflix. Obviously we have no idea on how successful Iron Fist was, other than completely unreliable 3rd party analyses.

I don't know why it's crucial for a showrunner to have a martial arts background, they just need to hire people to make the martial arts look good.

Pachimari

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has has crossed $300 million at the domestic box office taking it's ww haul to $732 million. It'll cross the $800m for sure. Nice earnings really.

Guardians of the Galaxy did $773,328,629 in comparison but would have done less with the current exchange rates. Show there's growth happening.

gxbuzBC.jpg

Pachimari

Charlie Cox talks with EW about blending the worlds of the four titular heroes together in Defenders:

”I was concerned about how you could combine these worlds," the Daredevil actor said. ”Tonally they feel so different. But it feels like all the characters have been respected, and the show has a tone of its own. [They've] kept it grounded, but at the same time it lives in a slightly mythical world."

First video of Lockjaw and Black Bolt transporting in Inhumans.

My guess is we will probably get the trailer next week.

One of the benefits Jackman had were the infrequency of X-Men films. He had a very flexible schedule. Holland is actually a solid young actor and I imagine he'd like to have a range of roles. So if he manages to strike a balance of Spider-Man to Lost City of Z-like roles, it'll help keep from burning out.

For now it seems he'll be doing at least one Spidey role a year until 2019. But even those are a couple months in a year.

Let's be honest here. The kid landed THE roll of a lifetime. I'm sure he could give a shit about "other rolls" when he's playing Spider-Man. Both from a "fuck yes I'll take that massive steady paycheck for the next two decades" point of view, and from a "I get to be fucking Spider-Man" point of view.

Top Bottom