• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Anth0ny

Let's be honest here. The kid landed THE roll of a lifetime. I'm sure he could give a shit about "other rolls" when he's playing Spider-Man. Both from a "fuck yes I'll take that massive steady paycheck for the next two decades" point of view, and from a "I get to be fucking Spider-Man" point of view.

This.

Even RDJ isn't getting many roles other than iron man, let alone iron man money.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Let's be honest here. The kid landed THE roll of a lifetime. I'm sure he could give a shit about "other rolls" when he's playing Spider-Man. Both from a "fuck yes I'll take that massive steady paycheck for the next two decades" point of view, and from a "I get to be fucking Spider-Man" point of view.

USCWWCZ.gif

*role.

Again, it's about a balance of the commercial and the artistic side of acting. There's a reason big actors go do theater when the pay and exposure is lower. Or take on smaller projects and indie films. Or wants to work with some directors that likely won't be doing blockbusters. I can't speak to why Tom got into acting, but it's not all about the money. Just look at Daniel Craig.

From the little we've seen of his Spidey, I'd be happy to have Tom as long as he'd be willing. At the same time I hope his schedule affords him opportunities to explore other roles.

Pachimari

Oh, I went and looked it up, and I think this picture is from Hasbro's off-site event at Toy Fair 2017 back in February, but it's just been released today officially. So it'll probably not look like that in the movie, who knows at this point.

Glass Rebel

Yeah, I think Doctor Octopus from Spider-Man 2, Sandman from Spider-Man 3 and Vulture from this one has been the only really good looking ones.

Vulture is my favourite but Flint Marko is probably the most comic book accurate even if the CG looks a bit dated now. Doc Ock was alright. It's a bit of a boring design but they nailed the arms.

Really wish they had managed to make this work. Power Rangers Gobby looks pretty terrible but I can see why they went that route.

Platy

Shocker SHOULD look bad.

Howard the Duck concept art from Guardians VOL 2:

Love Howard. Glad he returned for the sequel.

Yeah, but I am kinda sad how small was his and Cosmo's cameo since my knowledge of the guardians is "cosmo appears a lot"

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i think i am done with sm:h trailers

dont need to see anything more until my butt is in a theatre seat

speaking of... wonder when fandango presale tix go up

Anth0ny

Despite all of the homages to the story in Thor Ragnarok, I still feel like Planet Hulk has to happen at some point.

In fact, it would be a great way to kick off Phase 4, if they're going to follow the same structure as Phase 1-3. Something happens in Avengers 4 that causes the "Illuminati" to make the decision to exile Hulk. Then the Planet Hulk story plays out, leading to Avengers 5: World War Hulk.

I feel like the World War Hulk story HAS to happen considering just how much they've been setting up Hulk as a threat across all of these films. They also haven't shied away from Tony being a total asshole/borderline villain, even to the other Avengers, which plays a big role in the Planet Hulk/WWH storyline, of course.

Like Avengers 1, you could have World War Hulk happen, and the introduce the REAL big bad of the next phases of movies either at the end or in the post credits. Maybe by then Marvel has Doom or Galactus back. Or they choose someone else entirely.

Gleethor

https://twitter.com/SonyPicsIndia/status/866666797835051008

Looks like we're getting a new Homecoming trailer in 2 days.
Finally we get to see the credits

Despite all of the homages to the story in Thor Ragnarok, I still feel like Planet Hulk has to happen at some point.

In fact, it would be a great way to kick off Phase 4, if they're going to follow the same structure as Phase 1-3. Something happens in Avengers 4 that causes the "Illuminati" to make the decision to exile Hulk. Then the Planet Hulk story plays out, leading to Avengers 5: World War Hulk.

I feel like the World War Hulk story HAS to happen considering just how much they've been setting up Hulk as a threat across all of these films. They also haven't shied away from Tony being a total asshole/borderline villain, even to the other Avengers, which plays a big role in the Planet Hulk/WWH storyline, of course.

Like Avengers 1, you could have World War Hulk happen, and the introduce the REAL big bad of the next phases of movies either at the end or in the post credits. Maybe by then Marvel has Doom or Galactus back. Or they choose someone else entirely.

I really doubt they go back to the "Hulk in spaaaaace" well anytime soon. Seems redundant with Ragnarok. Plus with Universal having a stake in solo Hulk films, he'll likely be resigned to appearing in ensemble films.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Spiderman trailer 3 predictions:

-We get to see Vulture's family.
-More Zendaya.
-Aunt May related joke.
-Iron Man action sequence.
-Spiderman related gadget sequence.

Anth0ny

I really doubt they go back to the "Hulk in spaaaaace" well anytime soon. Seems redundant with Ragnarok. Plus with Universal having a stake in solo Hulk films, he'll likely be resigned to appearing in ensemble films.

But wouldn't it be such a dick move if they send him back into space AGAIN?

;)

Christian

Is this old? I don't know how reliable MCU Exchange is, but I just saw this pop up on my Facebook feed, and I hadn't seen it before. Of course, I immediately think FANTASTIC FOUR, but does anyone else have any reasonable guesses? Would Stan Lee even be privy to this information?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is this old? I don't know how reliable MCU Exchange is, but I just saw this pop up on my Facebook feed, and I hadn't seen it before. Of course, I immediately think FANTASTIC FOUR, but does anyone else have any reasonable guesses? Would Stan Lee even be privy to this information?

we know one new hero coming
captain marvel

fingers crossed we get more

Wait, did we know Ludwig Göransson is scoring Black Panther?

For those who don't know, he did the music for "Community" and "Creed", and he also works as a producer with Donald Glover, meaning he produced the entirety of "Awaken My Love!" and other songs off of "Because the Internet" and "Camp."

jmood88

For those who don't know, he did the music for "Community" and "Creed", and he also works as a producer with Donald Glover, meaning he produced the entirety of "Awaken My Love!" and other songs off of "Because the Internet" and "Camp."
Yeah, that's been known for awhile. He's friends with Ryan Coogler and I'm pretty sure he has scored all of his movies going back to film school.

Basically the soundtrack is gonna be fuckin' hype

This film is gonna be so good. I feel it.

USCWWCZ.gif

*role.
ARGH I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF

Again, it's about a balance of the commercial and the artistic side of acting. There's a reason big actors go do theater when the pay and exposure is lower. Or take on smaller projects and indie films. Or wants to work with some directors that likely won't be doing blockbusters. I can't speak to why Tom got into acting, but it's not all about the money. Just look at Daniel Craig.

From the little we've seen of his Spidey, I'd be happy to have Tom as long as he'd be willing. At the same time I hope his schedule affords him opportunities to explore other roles.

Oh I don't think it's all about the money either, that's why I said there's also the aspect of "I'm playing fucking Spider-Man." too. Not to speak for Tom but I know if it was me, and I got to be not just Spidey, but MARVEL'S Spidey in the MCU, like any conflicting roles could go fuck off into the sun. I'd play that part for as long as they'd allow me, I'd probably live in the Spidey suit.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Thoughts to Zack Snyder and his family during this difficult time.

It was also hinted at that a major new character will appear in Avengers: Infinity War. When asked if he could give us any details, his assistant whispered in his ear and told him he can't discuss it in-depth. He said that a new character (maybe multiple) would appear and it would please the fans.
Yeah, yeah, I know

Pachimari

Yeah they've talked for a while about adding new heroes to Infinity War that will be introduced. Can't believe we are actually pretty close to this movie coming out.

Top Bottom