• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

Mandy is trying to figure out how rimjobs work with JoJo

22558_285284627327_500292327_3287216_7837515_n.jpg

JoJo is taking some time off, reflecting on the hardships of a cat's life

22558_276909647327_500292327_3251864_6251193_n.jpg

Mandy shows anger from time to time

22458_262786097327_500292327_3200445_3393483_n.jpg

Puff puff pass

22458_262786077327_500292327_3200442_2222051_n.jpg

Cats have Facebook too

22458_261192802327_500292327_3194642_197981_n.jpg

And a small excerpt of family life. It's still processing and it should be HD, so if the video quality suck, give it some time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rbnCsK_Xj8

My kittens.. i adopted them back in August out of France..they were living at a farm..And probably be shot or eaten by a fox if nobody would take em in. So I did :D
I named them blanc (white) and gris (grey).

Blanc as a kitten
DSC_0071.jpg

Blanc and Gris hugging on the couch
IMAG0121.jpg

Gris sleeping (yes he's upsidedown :/)
IMAG0014.jpg

Gris sleeping "normally"
IMAG0001.jpg

Close up Gris
IMAG0006.jpg

Gris and Blanc looking at the view :)
IMAG0021.jpg

Enjoying the sun
IMAG0022.jpg

Blanc closeup
IMAG0029.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
NameGenerated said:
One of my cats sticks her tongue out constantly, sometimes it's out like a solid half-inch or so. I have no idea why she does it, do you?

No idea. Mine just licks herself then forgets to put her tongue away. :lol

Flo

omg rite said:
I'm an old cat lady, guys. Here's the whole family. Mom, dad, and the kids.

zw0upc.jpg
Awesome family. I was watching the left one on the bed and was thinking; cool fur, then I scrolled down and saw the grey one on the floor as a bonus. Really cute!

Desperado

Bowie
mls7cn.jpg

acbj0l.jpg

and Hendrix. He's harder to get a good picture of; his fur makes him look like a black blob under the lighting in my apartment.
r9iols.jpg

Danielsan

We have three cats but I only have a pictures of one them.

This is Doerak.

dm7daw.jpg

2m7vmsx.jpg

She's without a doubt the smartest cat I have ever come across.
She is loveable, fearless and an utterly despicable domestic terrorist if she doesn't get what she wants.

Kletian

We adopted a second kitty on Monday.

Meet Butters
18346_1376905261049_1184389015_31159050_3454497_n.jpg

18346_1376904741036_1184389015_31159037_8201602_n.jpg

18346_1376904821038_1184389015_31159039_3074712_n.jpg

The new brother and sister tolerating each other after a day of tearing through the house like maniacs.

18346_1376905341051_1184389015_31159051_4488297_n.jpg

Mardil

My cat Michigan. She's the laziest cat EVEEER i swear! We call her Michi-gain sometimes... I have this and a dog and they both get along pretty well. I've taken pictures of them while doing it but I can't seem to find them.

aaymgi.jpg

2lnu69h.jpg

29pyp6p.jpg

fcirs6.jpg

Be nice, cat-loving GAF!

Facism

Lord Byron
(Fluffy to the rest of the family)

2gu0aiv.jpg

Wish i could find a better picture.

Unfortunately, we discovered a growth on his tongue 2 months ago, turned out to be a malignant tumour. He held out for a long time, continued to eat, play and fight with the foxes that passed through our street at night, but now he's not eating and is clearly unhappy and in some discomfort. He'll be taken to the vet this week and put to sleep. Poor thing :( A

At least he got 12 good years of life considering the feral condition he was rescued in at 4 months old

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
omg rite said:
I think she does it when she's happy or relaxed or something. She also drools sometimes too. :lol

thorin

Facism said:
Did i kill the thread? :(

Nope. My condolences for your kitty's situation. Good on you for taking in a feral and giving him a happy life.

Here's my cat Toby:

2z4xmxt.jpg

3 Years old now and still very playful. Hope to get a buddy for him soon.

I have 3 cats but here's one of them.

His name is Hoagie:

n1402569015_30033953_4544.jpg

Adopted him at 10 months, he was massively overweight and stuffed into one of those small cages at a PetSmart adoption centre and could barely reach his food. He looked so miserable and depressed my wife insisted he adopt him immediately. He's at a healthy weight now.

He must've had a rough kittenhood, on his first vet visit a few days after adopting him the vet told us he was adopted 3 times before we got him. He had a mean streak a mile wide and not hesitate to scratch or bite if you put your hand near him. Especially above his head if you wanted to pet him so we think he was physically abused or something. He'd start fights with my other cats all the time too. He's calmed down a lot since.

I'm very proud of sticking with him though, I think he'd have been put to sleep by now if I hadn't been patient with him.

Sorry for the long post, I love my cats :D

Sorry guys but I have to bump because I never got to add in my babies. Who doesn't love looking at pictures of kitties anyways? (These are all coming from my phone so sorry about the quality)

Izzy (Izabella), age 8, the boss and food-lover of the house:
wrg6x2.jpg
8xsh1s.jpg

Zoey, age 7, the adventurous weirdo:
sv6oeo.jpg
96dxg6.jpg

Chloe, age 7 (she and Zoey are littermates), the chubby sweetheart with such a baby meow:
161gi1u.jpg
14aae6f.jpg

And an extremely rare photo of Izzy sleeping in close proximity to the other two (taking over my living room):
ildel1.jpg

omg rite said:

My chubby cat does that all the time! It's like she gets too tired to pull it back in her mouth! I've never been able to get a picture of it though :(

KidDork

Here's Marmalade. He was found on my street two years ago, covered in motor oil, half starved, and in need of serious medical attention. All of his teeth were so rotted they had to be removed. The vet figures he's around 12.

MarmaladesEyesofPersuasion.jpg

As you can see, he's taken to living with me fairly well.

DSCN0054.jpg

The infamous Marmie Crash!

Finally, after years without a pet, I adopted a kitty yesterday (my first cat, I'm more a "dog person") BUT I'm not getting a dog until I have a house with a yard, I'd want a big dog and that wouldn't be fair to him. So I found this little guy.... I went to the Humane Society a few times, and wasn't really sure until I met him. Saw him at lunch and came back after work and he was mine. They gave him the name "Sheriff" I think it might stick.

kittyandtoy.jpg

Sherifffirstdayhome.jpg

Mandy is utterly unamused at the fact that she can't drink without getting liquid all over her face

5ed92r.jpg

it's not what it looks like

ianswoody

Bad cell phone quality commence:

8733_522540714235_217400691_31244050_3184416_n.jpg

Jasper in the bathtub

8733_522540719225_217400691_31244051_3831480_n.jpg

Jasper eating a pretzel out of my g/f's mouth

8733_522540724215_217400691_31244052_4210096_n.jpg

"Oh hai thar, gaiz!"

8733_522540734195_217400691_31244053_3527852_n.jpg

Hedwig in a bag. (Not named after Harry Potter owl, but rather the transexual main character of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.)

8733_522540744175_217400691_31244054_7727494_n.jpg

"Duuuuuude...."

8733_522540764135_217400691_31244055_400229_n.jpg

Hedwig likes to hide...

8733_522540774115_217400691_31244056_2359222_n.jpg

...and sleep.

JayDub

Cat-GAF, I hate all of you. I truly do. And I hate your cats. I effin hate cats.

But as it is, they're (supposedly) low maintenance and gentle. I want to get my 3 year old daughter a pet. A dog is too rough and too high maintenance. And frankly, her mom and I can't agree on a breed. With cats, Im guessing the selection isnt as wide, so it'll be an easier choice.

I havent started doing much research yet, so Im hoping you cat experts could help me out.

What I already know:

All cats shed, and long hair is easier to find. So, is long hair a better idea?
Personality wise, I want a cat who plays with my daughter (run around and such) but not temperamental.

Maintenance wise, anything I should know? When I think cats, I think scratching. Either on my shit, or my daughter. Any good resources on nail clipping? General maintenance resources would be helpful, also.

In regards to pooping, do we train the cats to go in the litter? If so, any good resources on that?

How fast do kittens grow to be full on cats? Any benefits on starting with an adult cat or a kitten?

If you have nothing to contribute other than, "You're dumb, research it yourself," please don't bother. Looking for some honest help in one place, and a guide in the right direction to know what to research for.

As of right now, Im pretty lost.

JayDub said:
Cat-GAF, I hate all of you. I truly do. And I hate your cats. I effin hate cats.

But as it is, they're (supposedly) low maintenance and gentle. I want to get my 3 year old daughter a pet. A dog is too rough and too high maintenance. And frankly, her mom and I can't agree on a breed. With cats, Im guessing the selection isnt as wide, so it'll be an easier choice.

I havent started doing much research yet, so Im hoping you cat experts could help me out.

What I already know:

All cats shed, and long hair is easier to find. So, is long hair a better idea?
Personality wise, I want a cat who plays with my daughter (run around and such) but not temperamental.

Maintenance wise, anything I should know? When I think cats, I think scratching. Either on my shit, or my daughter. Any good resources on nail clipping? General maintenance resources would be helpful, also.

In regards to pooping, do we train the cats to go in the litter? If so, any good resources on that?

How fast do kittens grow to be full on cats? Any benefits on starting with an adult cat or a kitten?

If you have nothing to contribute other than, "You're dumb, research it yourself," please don't bother. Looking for some honest help in one place, and a guide in the right direction to know what to research for.

As of right now, Im pretty lost.

You hate cats, I don't understand why you're even bothering. And I'm not saying this to piss you off: but if you don't like them, you don't like them. The cat will also know you don't like them, and that's not going to work well.

If you're serious about getting a cat, I suggest you go to the local humane society and adopt one. Cat breeds aren't really that common, most cats that are pets are either "DSH" or "DLH" (domestic short hair and domestic long hair, respectively). If you go there, you'll see all sorts of cats, and see if any of them take a liking to you and your daughter.

As for nails, if you train them to use a scratching post, they'll won't scratch other things. My cats only scratch their hideous orange chair, and they know everything else is offlimits. If you're going to clip nails, then start early and be consistent. Just a regular clipper will do.

JayDub

Dragona Akehi said:
You hate cats, I don't understand why you're even bothering. And I'm not saying this to piss you off: but if you don't like them, you don't like them. The cat will also know you don't like them, and that's not going to work well.

If you're serious about getting a cat, I suggest you go to the local humane society and adopt one. Cat breeds aren't really that common, most cats that are pets are either "DSH" or "DLH" (domestic short hair and domestic long hair, respectively). If you go there, you'll see all sorts of cats, and see if any of them take a liking to you and your daughter.

As for nails, if you train them to use a scratching post, they'll won't scratch other things. My cats only scratch their hideous orange chair, and they know everything else is offlimits. If you're going to clip nails, then start early and be consistent. Just a regular clipper will do.

Im certainly not going to mistreat the cat, but I want my daughter to have a pet. A cat just seems to be the most logical choice. She loves them.

Thanks for the info.

NomarTyme

My mom didn't want to touch the dog when we got him, but over time she grew to love the dog. I think you'll grow to love the cat too!

JayDub said:
Im certainly not going to mistreat the cat, but I want my daughter to have a pet. A cat just seems to be the most logical choice. She loves them.

Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm not saying you would mistreat a cat. But if you don't like it, the cat will know. And that just won't be good for the cat, or for you.

Top Bottom