• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

NBA TV's been airing a bunch of Jordan videos today leading up to his 'One on One' interview with Amhad Rashad later tonight...I came across this play where Nick Anderson steals the ball from MJ during his first comeback during the '95 playoffs...I guess you can say it's the Jordan XI's worst moment and ironically the Jordan X's best moment at the same time:

uCrEBRA.jpg

Either way...at that moment I'm sure Jordan, Tinker Hatfield, and Phil Knight were laughing their way to the bank regardless selling shoes.

Nice find!

Damn I bought mine on Sunday size 13 at Champs and that was the last pair in that size in the Galleria so you better hit those websites pretty hard in order to get a pair.

Detox

I need the AJ 3 Crimson's I've never bought sneakers online but I really want these. What time do the sites usually update with stock? Being from the UK I hope I don't miss out on them.

SUPARSTARX

I've never owned any pair of AJs lol. But very few sneaker designs just have that distinctive look I want.

Kinda sucks all these people scalp up the low inventory all the time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
For me, March is all about the OG XIIIs.

March is pretty chill for me so I'm going to hunt for some things I've been wanting...

- Team Jordan 1 OGs or Retros
- CJ81 Megatron Huaraches
- AJIII Black/Cement 2011
- Nike SB Jedis
- Pink Foams

Anyone else going hunting for old stuff?

ryuen

Only have the Penny V's & Black Toe 13's for March, but I'm trying to lock down my grail as we speak....Stash Air Max 95's.

7646716424_f6ea48489d_b.jpg

March is pretty chill for me so I'm going to hunt for some things I've been wanting...

- Nike SB Jedis
- Pink Foams

I definitely am.

Also, Fresh, I was thinking you should add other countries' sneaker sites and stores to the next OT. Maybe a sneaker store or two for some cities in the US so sneakerheads know where to go when on the move.

Got a pair of these guys here:

AIR-GRIFFEY-MAXX-II-2.jpg

I maintain that aside from the classic Bo Jackson stuff from the late 80s/early 90s, no better trainers ever existed aside from Ken Griffey Jr's line of Nike trainers.

Now, I gotta get me the Griffey 1s so I can ride out into the sunset. DAT STRAPPPPPP.

- Nike SB Jedis
- Pink Foams

man, i used to want these and the de la soul hi's so badly. i eventually settled on a pair of send helps and ended my run of sbs.

ryuen

Atmos always kills their collabs, and those Reeboks are no exception. I have a North Face x Atmos jacket that always gets the craziest looks.

I have these:

Atmos x ubiq eL:

atmos-ubiq-el-checker-2.jpg

And in the mail:

Atmos x New Balance CM996

atmos-new-balance-cm996-face-off-5.jpg

Atmos x Nike Air Max 1 (the ones on the right)

130206_maxcamo_02.jpg

My homie spent $400 on some used cement print AM1's from 2007...fuckin crazy how much those jumped in price.

Ya'll hyped for these:

http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/2013/02/the-return-of-the-reebok-classic-shaq-attaq-and-shaqnosis-3-630x419.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/2013/02/the-return-of-the-reebok-classic-shaq-attaq-and-shaqnosis-2-630x419.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Whoa. I'd never wear these but I feel like I should buy them out of respect.

jlai

- Nike SB Jedis
- Pink Foams

I'll trade you my Jedi's for an arcade stick!

So the AJ 3's in crimson are general release or was I misinformed?
Yes, but a general release for a Jordan means it sells out instantly or you an hour to a few days to buy the shoe. Example, the Bred 13s sold out pretty much instantly sold out besides East Bay. But...they did restock twice since then. Whereas the Stealth Xs and Photo Blue 9s literally sat on store shelves for months (you can still buy the 9s online).

The hype this Saturday is for the Lebron Corks, which oddly hasn't really been discussed in this thread.

So, I'll add some hype beast/thirst to this thread. I live in Tampa. The Corks are only releasing to 10 House of Hoops and specialty stores. So to increase my chances from 0 to maybe 5%, I decided to drive to House of Hoop Florida Mall, which is like an hour away. This was my first time going to the store. At 10 a.m., there was a small line of people there, probably 20 or so. I was standing behind two older sneaker heads. In front of us was this punk kid who decided to bring his whole family for the raffle. First of all, the kid looked to be in high school so he was probably truant. Next, he was trying to game the system by having four people get a raffle ticket.

This store seemed a little shady, as they didn't take down sizes when you submitted a raffle ticket. I asked about it, and the guy was like if you're lucky you will be one of the first persons we call. But he's like the raffle is just to get the shoe, so it seems like this stores clientele are usually hype beasts and resellers. The clerk also didn't mind that the kid brought his whole family to play the game. Mind you, with the method the store is using, the kid seriously increased his chances.

For some people, this would be enough hypeness for a day but no, I was like I really want these shoes (I have every Lebron X release except for the Crown Jewels and Gold Medals), so I drove to Miami's Dadeland Mall. It was a 4-hour drive. This mall's HoH is a lot more civil and organized than the one in Orlando. I was literally in and out in a minute. Plus, they were doing raffle by shoe size.

So in total, I spent almost the whole day driving and $40 in gas to try to increase my chances to get the shoe. I probably won't due to the volume of people trying to get the shoe versus number of tickets but who knows. I managed to win raffles for the Kobe and Lebron Black History Month shoes.

I just know I have 0 shot on Nike Store with these script kiddies. On NT, there were people posting half finished scripts to purchasing a shoe on Nike Store via Twitter link.

I think I'm going to take it easy next month besides the He Got Game 13s and a possible white Cement 3 restock. I spent WAY too much on shoes last month and my pockets show.

g1YppTc.jpg

Ill shit bricks if true, all 3 for me!

Still on the lookout for a resonably priced pair of Royals in 9.5 and waiting for Grapes in May.

Top Bottom