• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

The Vandal Imperator receiver drop rate is unacceptable for a limited time event. It should at the absolute lowest be 5%, but really it should be the same as the other pieces of the gun to prevent the asinine result of there being an absurd supply of 2 components.

Events are supposed to be fun and marginally rewarding, DE. There's a reason we're going to lose the relay and it's because of this garbage design.

bobohoro

I got on after midnight, and it was already done.

Be sure to cash in everyone. Just a couple days left.

Seems like there is a cooldown period for new recruits. At least for joining the ascension the game told me to wait another 2 and a half days before I could do it.

Still playing (with Yakuza Kiwami still unsealed and Ys 8 barley touched, Warframe is pretty dope) and trying to figure things out. I am already at MR 5, although still only using Excalibur since I've not yet progressed far enough to get stuff like spores, but I'm getting there. Still unsure what frame to try next, but I think I have Nyx almost complete on resources.

I guess I should focus on unlocking planets, doing story quests and getting my MR up to around 7 before focusing on stuff like voids and prime gear?

frizby

Seems like there is a cooldown period for new recruits. At least for joining the ascension the game told me to wait another 2 and a half days before I could do it.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

I guess I should focus on unlocking planets, doing story quests and getting my MR up to around 7 before focusing on stuff like voids and prime gear?

You're on the right track with planets and quests for sure, but if you have relics, don't let your MR stop you from doing a few fissures for prime parts. If a Lith or Meso defense or interception pops up, definitely run it, because they reward more relics.

Farm up a Rhino on Venus for your first frame build. He's pretty useful, even without an orokin reactor for plugging through the planets.

And spend your starter and PS Plus platinum only on Warframe slots. Everything else, you can earn in game.

I'll take a clan invite if possible.
PSN is Rakis

I'm not on much due to work/life schedule though :-(

Sent. Welcome!

No worries, as long as you log in every now an then. Warframe is the kind of game that can definitely be played in short doses.

Used-ID

Thanks, I'll get on next free chance I get. Life allowing.

That said, I like how I can solo most of the content (damn you van hek)
It's like what the first destiny should have been. I think I'll buy some platinum so I can buy even more weapon/frame slots. I don't mind paying developers for a game like this that's co-op and enjoyable.

Used-ID

I can see that. I play games maybe 1-2 days a week.
That said for the last 3 weeks it's been nothing but this game.
How the hell did I not pick up and play this game when it came out?

VariantX

From some things I hear others say the game used to be very different and not anywhere as fun as it is now. Like I think it had stamina for actions at one point.

Let's see.

-No bullet jumping. No double jumps either and parkour was way buggier and inconsistent back then.

-Melee was borderline useless outside of charge attacks for a select few weapons like the galatine. No combos either.

-Warframe abilities used to cost affinity points instead of being innate.

-Stamina limited how far you could run and depleted on using melee.

-Coptering glitch destroyed weapon choice. You either coptered or you couldn't keep up because you could clearly fling yourself across large tilesets instantly.

-Warframes were way slower than they were before. Frost and Rhino would get left behind by faster frame by an absurd degree.

-Enemy counts were lower but they were tankier.

-Framerates would put some tilesets into the 10-15 FPS range. (Iced over grineer mining asteroid tileset)

-Rampant desynch issues.

That's probably not even 20% of what's changed since the ps4 launch.

VariantX

Is the PS4 version 1:1 with the PC version? Content wise?

Console versions are 1:1 but they get updated to where the PC is about 3-6 weeks later. PC version always comes out first because they can do hotfixes there and then release more polished console builds. The only real differences are the platform exclusive skins and excalibur prime being founder's only.

Used-ID

Sounds like this game was a souls-type game with the diminishing stamina, with some added odd mechanic choices.

I'm glad that the developer didn't just sit on it and let the game die.
It lacks the polish that a game like destiny has, but to me it's fun. I enjoy the weapon options and character/frame choices so that I can find something that suits me as a player. It also seems to have randomly generated levels - even if they do just reuse the same few pieces. The foundry is a neat mechanic and I don't feel the pay-to-rush bit is a straight up money grab.

The developer will definitely be getting money from me.

I watched the Skillup video review someone posted on the gaming side and decided to install the game. When I logged in I got a 50% coupon but don't know how to use it. Its not in my inbox and the prices in the market are normal. Is it applied at checkout?

frizby

I watched the Skillup video review someone posted on the gaming side and decided to install the game. When I logged in I got a 50% coupon but don't know how to use it. Its not in my inbox and the prices in the market are normal. Is it applied at checkout?

You should see alternate prices in the in-game market. It's not for the PSN store or anything like that.

I'm honestly hard pressed to think of what I'd suggest a new player use a coupon for anyway. The only things you should buy with a coupon are cosmetics, and you really don't want to use your starter platinum on anything but Warframe slots.

https://www.warframe.com/news/free-prime-weapon-bundle

Free Scindo and Soma prime coming as Amazon/twitch Prime reward. Soma can be a beast so do get if you haven't already.

(scindo might be good too but I have only recently built it and haven't looked into a builds since I'm pretty good melee wise already)

Edit: Also reminder to new players that you can get Frost Prime (w/slot), a cosmetic, and a mod pack with prime currently https://www.warframe.com/freeprime. Frost is a great frame so don't miss it.

Slayven

Is there a way to delete my character? I played it like a year ago but now I want to start fresh cause i don't know what i am doing

VariantX

probably going to have to contact support to request that they delete your account as there is no method that exists as far as I know that allows you to do it yourself.

That ambulas sortie was unnecesary hard, fun, but hard

Is there a way to delete my character? I played it like a year ago but now I want to start fresh cause i don't know what i am doing

No, but you can start the new campaign from the start

https://www.warframe.com/news/free-prime-weapon-bundle

Free Scindo and Soma prime coming as Amazon/twitch Prime reward. Soma can be a beast so do get if you haven't already.

(scindo might be good too but I have only recently built it and haven't looked into a builds since I'm pretty good melee wise already)

Edit: Also reminder to new players that you can get Frost Prime (w/slot), a cosmetic, and a mod pack with prime currently https://www.warframe.com/freeprime. Frost is a great frame so don't miss it.

Sweet, two free weapon slots

Cracklox

Probably not alot of point starting over tbh. I think the only way you could, other then a support ticket to DE, is playing with a different psn handle.

That said, it's not the sort of game where you have to 'keep up' with everyone. You can play at your own pace and learn things as you go. I've taken a number of extended breaks in my two years or so of playing. It is the sort of game I'd highly recommend having a wiki handy for though. Most everyone is of the opinion the game doesn't do a great job explaining itself, particularly in the early going, so having a wiki nearby to look up things you don't know or unsure of, is invaluable.

Some direction for now, would be to beat up the Venus boss a few times and get rhino put together (if you haven't already), and then start working your way through the star chart, doing quests and learning new things as you go. Don't worry too much about min-maxing the most optimum builds for now. Rhino is a strong, durable frame that's pretty flexible in most situations, especially for one that's so easy to get.

The other thing to do, as mentioned above is get Frost prime from the twitch promotion while its still going. He's another strong frame, and the prime version currently is unobtainable in game. It also comes with a free slot and orokin reactor, which doubles the mod capacity of a frame, and really lets you uncover they're potential.

As to your actual question, I believe you can replay quests now which you should be able to select from the quest codex, which then makes it active. It won't reward you with any quest specific rewards though, it's more there so people can experience them again.

An FYI for fissures: please select the other player's reward when its the same as yours, assuming it's the reward you want anyway. People get void trace bonuses when teammates select their drop. If you select your own you're pretty much denying that to them. Which is especially annoying for someone like me who makes sure to always select another player's reward. I've probably lost out on hundreds of traces because people select their own forma even though I had one too.

Literally been in this Vey Hek node (normal) for 30 mins and hek still isn't dead and we're both out of ammo.

This really isn't fun and makes me second guess picking this game back up. My old rhino/boltor prime shouldn't be irrelevant at a mid game boss now.

The game has match made a grand total of zero more people in to help.

Edit: and host migration and he's back to 80%. Yeah, I'll take a pass.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Literally been in this Vey Hek node (normal) for 30 mins and hek still isn't dead and we're both out of ammo.

This really isn't fun and makes me second guess picking this game back up. My old rhino/boltor prime shouldn't be irrelevant at a mid game boss now.

Want a hand?

Want a hand?

If you're around, sure.

My main concern is learning a bit of why I seemingly can't do any damage to bosses anymore. I still shred normal enemies like I remember, but 30-45 mins on a boss with a setup that used to farm relevant endgame content and only getting him to 25 percent with two people is frustrating.

I think I still have you added.

VandalD

If you're around, sure.

My main concern is learning a bit of why I seemingly can't do any damage to bosses anymore. I still shred normal enemies like I remember, but 30-45 mins on a boss with a setup that used to farm relevant endgame content and only getting him to 25 percent with two people is frustrating.

I think I still have you added.
Vay Hek is probably the worst boss in the game. His movement is so erratic that he's annoying to hit at all, then you add in the fact that he's invulnerable for most of the time he's flying around, and him being a total bullet sponge unless you're using current endgame stuff, and nobody wants to deal with him. Glad you're getting or got help for him.

VariantX

Literally the worst boss in the game and the encounter needs to be redesigned from the ground up. Try fighting him in a sortie. Hes LVL 100 there. You can literally skip all the way to the boss encounter, but fuck whittling his HP down it takes all damn day because of the damage cap dragging out the fight. They obviously copy-pasted his flight behavior from an osprey and he moves erratically as hell. Best way to make it easier for you is to bring something along that has a very high status chance that does a high amount of corrosive damage. You might not be able to damage him while his mask is on, but you can still remove his armor whether or not hes invincible. When his life bar changes from bright orange to red, you don't need to use the corrosive weapon anymore and switch to the weapon that hits him hardest. Every hit will be far more effective on a target with zero armor as they take 100% of the damage to their health rather than having armor buffing their health pools.

bobohoro

Thanks for the tip with linking prime accounts. Frost Prime is pretty fun to play with.

Seemingly hit my first wall with the raptors. Should probably take the time to get my mods upgraded, doesn't seem to really damage them at all with my current setup.

Yeah, Ingrid helped me.

To take a break from my saltiness last night, I finished The War Within (that ability is amazing against Sentients, my lord) and Octavia's Anthem. The last mission of Octavia's Anthem is one of the coolest missions I've played in a game.

Amon37

Literally the worst boss in the game and the encounter needs to be redesigned from the ground up. Try fighting him in a sortie. Hes LVL 100 there. You can literally skip all the way to the boss encounter, but fuck whittling his HP down it takes all damn day because of the damage cap dragging out the fight. They obviously copy-pasted his flight behavior from an osprey and he moves erratically as hell. Best way to make it easier for you is to bring something along that has a very high status chance that does a high amount of corrosive damage. You might not be able to damage him while his mask is on, but you can still remove his armor whether or not hes invincible. When his life bar changes from bright orange to red, you don't need to use the corrosive weapon anymore and switch to the weapon that hits him hardest. Every hit will be far more effective on a target with zero armor as they take 100% of the damage to their health rather than having armor buffing their health pools.

Ya I won't go near a sortie with him as assassination boss.

frizby

Ya I won't go near a sortie with him as assassination boss.

He's not that bad.

Bring Nova, prime, keep your distance, clear enemies while randoms damage Hek, win. Sometimes it takes a bit, but usually not.

People seem to avoid Kayla de Thaym as well, but EV Trin makes an absolute joke of her.

Cracklox

He's not that bad.

Bring Nova, prime, keep your distance, clear enemies while randoms damage Hek, win. Sometimes it takes a bit, but usually not.

People seem to avoid Kayla de Thaym as well, but EV Trin makes an absolute joke of her.

Agree. Did the sortie a few weeks back with him, and did it with the first pug I joined. It took a minute to get through sure, but was hardly that bad.

Sortie Kela on the other hand I've avoided so far. Mainly because I still haven't got around to learning the fight and I don' think a pug sortie is the best place to do that

Kela is my favorite boss so I'm not sure why people avoid her. I usually duo her with my friend.

Hek though is infuriating with his erratic movement and ridiculous armor. If it were just one of them it'd be fine, but both makes him a headache.

Any chance I can get an invite to the PS4 clan? Name is KneelBeforeSaad. Will be playing with a buddy whose PSN is damiserableman too. They're redownloading, but have played before so it should allow it if that's fine.

Got the invite, but I don't think my buddy did. If we can't add those not here, that's fine, I'll see if there are other ones out there, not a big deal.

Random question as well -- am I missing something, or does Octavia not have augment mods?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Got the invite, but I don't think my buddy did. If we can't add those not here, that's fine, I'll see if there are other ones out there, not a big deal.

Random question as well -- am I missing something, or does Octavia not have augment mods?
Nah I just forgot to send both. Sent now.

Draga

Yo, ;started playing a couple weeks ago and am loving it. Wondering if I can get an invite to the clan. Username is NekoDraga.

frizby

Also MR24 test i hate you.

Yeah....I must've practiced that thing 15 times before I took it.

The key is to resist the urge to use all of your energy at once since the orb grows when it's not taking damage. Instead, hit it a bunch of times in short bursts, and always conserve enough energy to dash through those little maggots, and they'll replenish your energy in return. I also had better luck taking the widest path around the stage, as the enemy AI seems to have a harder time keeping up with you.

Yeah....I must've practiced that thing 15 times before I took it.

The key is to resist the urge to use all of your energy at once since the orb grows when it's not taking damage. Instead, hit it a bunch of times in short bursts, and always conserve enough energy to dash through those little maggots, and they'll replenish your energy in return. I also had better luck taking the widest path around the stage, as the enemy AI seems to have a harder time keeping up with you.
Ugh, I can't even make myself try. It particularly stung that actually completed it the first time I tried, but that was practice and then just fail when doing it for real. All in all I'm suffering from severe Warfame burnout at the moment, and this isn't helping. Had the same issue with the old rank 11 test, before I learnt that you could cheese it with Zephyr.

Top Bottom