• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (PS4) Famous Yet Nameless

good shit tonight gents, we played some solid hockey tonight

the game didn't seem to play any differently post-patch to me despite the laundry list of stuff mentioned in the patch notes...

Stat!

good shit tonight gents, we played some solid hockey tonight

the game didn't seem to play any differently post-patch to me despite the laundry list of stuff mentioned in the patch notes...

Agree. Nothing felt different.

Yeah, I think the big thing this year will be getting the puck away quickly. Moving through traffic is really not a viable strategy and the AI really closes the gap quickly this year.

Just wish the AI was more aggressive when it comes to getting loose pucks that they should win the race to.

I was able to get my YouTube acct to link to PSN for about 20 mins last night before it reverted to not working again and was able to get some videos uploaded

Check the OP for the playlist URL as im not going to post a lot of individual links this year

My fav of the bunch was this beauty
https://youtu.be/4GCt4dfohAM

I filed a missing persons report for Swim today with the Atlanta police department.

Hopefully he is found alive and well soon, and returns to smash and crush opponents for us in NHL18

13thStep

I filed a missing persons report for Swim today with the Atlanta police department.

Hopefully he is found alive and well soon, and returns to smash and crush opponents for us in NHL18

Have you seen this man? (Insert pic of Swim here). Would the pic be on a bag of milk? or the ol' carton b/c Swim is from 'Murica?

13thStep

Playoffs start tonight at either 8 or 9, I'm not sure. I will be on, let me know if you guys will be. (Vietnamese for dinner again, yum!)

Yup i can be there before for some practice

tenor.gif

So, how is the game?

It plays a bit differently this year for once... They tuned up anything that contacts the puck and gave defenders more tools with the manual aimed poke check/sweep so its near impossible to hold onto the puck for long even if you are good at protecting the puck or dangling.

The puck also bounces around a lot causing for a much sloppier game than in years past where you have to be more fundamentally sound.

The feel of the skating and specifically the momentum of stopping/starting and turning/pivoting feels a lot better to me.

AI has seen some nice improvements where they make nice bank passes to you and are more solid on defending the rush, but now they look you off and refuse to pass sonetimes when you call for it which is annoying.

Stat!

So, how is the game?

I think the game is great. I think the skater AI is vastly improved. Goalies are still susceptible to the same stuff. The game is still half-baked in plenty of areas. Franchise modes has plenty of bugs and it feels like they added customization to things that aren't important (mascots) while adding nothing to things that are (jerseys).

Overall, its a big improvement in the AI category but needs fixes in others. Also, they took out tournament mode lol.

EDIT: Agree with Viz. Its a much looser game. You can't just dangle into a crowd and expect to keep the puck.

Milly79

Maybe I'll wind up getting it this Thursday. Miss playing with you dudes. I watched a stream and it looks pretty same-y in terms of skating animations and how you can still make some really stupid looking passes.

Delryk

Maybe I'll wind up getting it this Thursday. Miss playing with you dudes. I watched a stream and it looks pretty same-y in terms of skating animations and how you can still make some really stupid looking passes.

Vis.. stream our playoff greatness tonite.. milly can watch us.. rofl

Dont play with my emotions with these false promises

Top Bottom