• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Greg

Looks like my wife is in 'early labor', I'm guessing we'll be at the hospital today or tomorrow.

ggdire.gif
boys
best of luck to you and the family, man!

LJ11

Good luck brent!

EA is streaming Madden all day, watched a few minutes while eating breakfast. The speed juke looks cool, and you can finally press drag routes, on the outside anyway, didn't see off the line Ys though.

LJ11

Where is the stream?

Twitch

They were doing some MUT shit when I looked earlier, but they were covering a lot gameplay stuff too.

Edit: LOL Greg. I tuned in, see the MUT stuff, and said fuck now FMT will complain about MUT. They were doing a bunch of gameplay stuff though early in the morning.

Edit 2: Quick base runs look pretty good, wonder how they compare to twin back power runs. The speed juke lets you really set up your blocks. It's similar to the double juke, not as pronounced but it lets you cut behind a block without losing steam. They're really not similar now that I think about it, but you can use it to really get behind a block in much the same way.

Greg

hahaha

I feel like I'll watch enough Madden in the coming months that I shouldn't be this interested, but the hype is real

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
How do they still have this ugly, laggy as fuck UI!

Ridiculous. They should be ashamed.

LJ11

gl brent

LJ, any news on that thing where you have to mash the buttons in a mini game to break tackles?

Nah, I don't know anything. Last few weeks I've been MIA, haven't paid attention to anything, and I don't know much about the MUT either.

If I see anything I'll let you know.

DJ Bowser

yup, that sounds as bad is it did when i heard about it at E3 considering the latency issues madden online always has
I was fine with the idea until you reminded me of the latency.

Sounds bad, man.

On the positive side, they neutered aggressive catch with a new swat button.

i wonder if anyone has tested the "shade inside/outside" mechanic this year. it was "in" last year (or maybe it was just shift zone inside/out/underneath) but i feel like it didn't work. the times it "worked" i feel were just coincidence

Greg

last year I think over/under worked as intended, but in/out had me like ???

I think I remember 2 years ago the in working really well

it's all a blur

Its your internet. I have no problems playing against anyone, you included. You just used it as an excuse when you got bodied. If you have Internet troubles that's none of my concern!

I get bodied by everyone. You're the only one I'm calling out. Your internet is shit whether you're winning games or not.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm in. I can take the Steeler's if nobody is already interested in them or I can just sit back and wait for whatever teams go unclaimed. Whatever works just lemme know.

Somnia

Someone in the Madden OT said they were showing off franchise mode and it looks like a ton of work went into it... I hope that means online franchise also.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Someone in the Madden OT said they were showing off franchise mode and it looks like a ton of work went into it... I hope that means online franchise also.

There isnt a difference these days. Offline franchise is just a connected franchise with no one else in it.

Top Bottom