• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Just posting this here: The Afreeca Finals between Knee, LowHigh, Qudans, and Go(ld) Attack. The playslist starts with the first match and continues to the grand finals. Winner gets $3k, 2nd place gets $2k, and 3rd place got $1k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW4T5uN7254&index=31&list=PLXcAJa83lBaYueK4Py1Rhp2S0WjBvH-oF

Korean Tekken is in another stratosphere of skill level.

I watched the first fight. Legit the first Raven I've seen in any of the videos I have consumed, but it didn't matter, because the guy who was playing Kazumi (who I have seen before) was just poke, poke, poke, poke with that chop and jab. It's high skill, but it's boring.

That shouldn't be your goal but if it helps putting that fear into your opponent, go for it. It's basically how Xiaoyu is meant to be played. Making your opponent afraid of your mixup and getting him to duck or whiff/make a mistake.
And don't be afraid to be a little creative. Try some things and see if they work.

"Random" might be misleading. RDS, like AOP has a built-in side step. So when my opponent just backs up to the other side of the map, I'm spinning and AOP, and RDS and HYP, canceling them all into each other to close the gap with more...deception...than just running across the screen.

karasu

I've been trying to rank up to Brawler in Online Ranked for ten years. Probably more if you count T5DR but I can't remember if the ranks were in that or not. I finally met and surpassed my goal tonight. While streaming and chatting with folks no less. Hot damn, it felt good.

U1Yl6g2.jpg

Nuszka

Dang it , I do forget that we post here as well. @gray I noticed there was semething up with your pad , I'll tell you snake edge is useless on Sasuke and I only try to use it against him as a high crush. About qcb 2,4 I tend to either hit confirm it or deley the second hit a lot , so I managed to get a view of those counter hits there. I noticed you got in to a habit that every time I had you by the wall you got up by blocking low , pretty much telegraphing it , not sure if that was a controller issue as well. Hope they get that goddamn patch out sooner or later. It just needs to be out. Btw @doomshine , I didn't know you are EU as well , if it's ok add me for a view games. My gaming schedule is all over the place but if you see me online I'm always down for a view.

GrayFoxPL

Feeling like shit today, still got Josie to Brawler.

FmTiksk.gif

Man this girl needs more serious mids not 150 highs and lows. Bruce was definitely stronger. You can only go so far on strings, stance and f,d,df+3. She's not terrible but fight someone who knows her cheap tricks and she's dead.

Dang it , I do forget that we post here as well. @gray I noticed there was semething up with your pad , I'll tell you snake edge is useless on Sasuke and I only try to use it against him as a high crush. About qcb 2,4 I tend to either hit confirm it or deley the second hit a lot , so I managed to get a view of those counter hits there. I noticed you got in to a habit that every time I had you by the wall you got up by blocking low , pretty much telegraphing it , not sure if that was a controller issue as well. Hope they get that goddamn patch out sooner or later. It just needs to be out. Btw @doomshine , I didn't know you are EU as well , if it's ok add me for a view games. My gaming schedule is all over the place but if you see me online I'm always down for a view.

Yeah, I'm just afraid I'm pointlessly waiting and patch will never come. But don't worry I would've lost even with my good pad - bad habits, bad decisions you know.

Numb

EU boys playing behind my back yet again

Man, times were great when a certain someone wasn't around shittalking all the good players ��
First of all
DJHKZKi.gif

Besides if i shit talked only the good players then i'd never be shit talking you
I still haven't seen you beat anyone including me since all the way back in early 2017 when T7 dropped

sasuke_91

First of all
DJHKZKi.gif

Besides if i shit talked only the good players then i'd never be shit talking you
I still haven't seen you beat anyone including me since all the way back in early 2017 when T7 dropped

True. I'm starting to get comfortable with the game though, so I MIGHT start winning every 10th match against you now.

Anyway, the post sounds like you're being serious, so I'll apologize. I was just joking.

Numb

True. I'm starting to get comfortable with the game though, so I MIGHT start winning every 10th match against you now.

Anyway, the post sounds like you're being serious, so I'll apologize. I was just joking.

tbh i haven't played in a week so i'm rusty
Serious? You clearly don't know me like i thought you did.
I have never been serious with you. Only hating

sasuke_91

tbh i haven't played in a week so i'm rusty
Serious? You clearly don't know me like i thought you did.
I have never been serious with you. Only hating

I shouldn't post on GAF right after Iftar. Your post sounded super serious in my head, then I reread it later

First of all
DJHKZKi.gif

Lol

Spuck-uk

Banned
Feeling like shit today, still got Josie to Brawler.

FmTiksk.gif

Man this girl needs more serious mids not 150 highs and lows. Bruce was definitely stronger. You can only go so far on strings, stance and f,d,df+3. She's not terrible but fight someone who knows her cheap tricks and she's dead.

Yeah, I'm just afraid I'm pointlessly waiting and patch will never come. But don't worry I would've lost even with my good pad - bad habits, bad decisions you know.

They gave her the best orbital heel in the game..and pretty crazy frametraps into her stances.

Nuszka

They gave her the best orbital heel in the game..and pretty crazy frametraps into her stances.

What i find interesting that throughout the years she seemed undervalued, before release no one was really interested in her and now she is the new hot shit.

I won a match where my opponent would get demoted. I KO'd them in the last round with a perfect, and before they hit the ground, they disconnected.

Scum.

PhineBuyM3

Bout to stop playing with randoms, motherfuckers be getting 1 or 2 lucky wins with a character you ain't familiar with or don't face that much and then kick you out of the room like they just cold as hell
stopitslime.png

Also wish they would stop showing rank or any kind of stat tracking in player match, I'm already getting booted for being a beginner even though the skills of the folks climbing the ranks that I've encountered aren't all that impressive.

CSX

Need turbo mode as an option for online player lobbies confirmed :p

Just posting this here: The Afreeca Finals between Knee, LowHigh, Qudans, and Go(ld) Attack. The playslist starts with the first match and continues to the grand finals. Winner gets $3k, 2nd place gets $2k, and 3rd place got $1k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW4T5uN7254&index=31&list=PLXcAJa83lBaYueK4Py1Rhp2S0WjBvH-oF

Korean Tekken is in another stratosphere of skill level.

Qudans is still a god. My hero. His matches during the T5DR era got me into trying to learn how to play Tekken.

What's crazy is that on his streams, he plays on a normal PS4 controller. He can't move as fast on it but he's still wrecking everyone lol

2 button input issue? what's that?

All PS4 sticks (& some bad 360 sticks) have issues randomly dropping double button inputs. Example: You press 1+2 2 comes out then 1 instead of 1+2.

This doesn't affect games with plinking as much because it will cancel the button into the double button anyway. Tekken doesn't have this so you just get the wrong button.

All PS4 sticks (& some bad 360 sticks) have issues randomly dropping double button inputs. Example: You press 1+2 2 comes out then 1 instead of 1+2.

This doesn't affect games with plinking as much because it will cancel the button into the double button anyway. Tekken doesn't have this so you just get the wrong button.

Woooow really? Man i knew something was wrong, i had to bind 2+4 on my hitbox because sometimes 2 was coming out instead of my iSW

Yikes, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I won't be playing with a stick in T7.

Yikes, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I won't be playing with a stick in T7.

Almost no one does. It goes unnoticed in SFV because of the plink. You can still see the drop in the input display. It just wont effect the result in screen. We've done a lot of testing & can't find the source of the issue.

Interesting, I've been trying out Hwoarang and tried his little backdash stance switch thing for shits and giggles and I do get a random 3 or 4. It might be an issue with my timing too (which is highly likely since I'm side biased and my inputs aren't clean with dashing). I am using a TE2 for reference.

Yudoken

That probably explains the issues I had yesterday.
I couldn't consistently perform my shining wizard, the Bryan taunt or the focus attack with ny friends Hori stick on PS4.

I didn't drop them on my TE1 360 stick on pc.

My friend will be very disappointed to hear this.

This issue shouldn't appear with my stick with a Brook adapter on PS4, right?

GrayFoxPL

Im crazy to believe that this game rip off Steve's moves?

It's a team effort of Tekken and SC people it has some Tekken and SC animations but with Soul Calibur style smooth blending. Gameplay is super fun. I'd take straight PS4 port with online any day of the week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom helped me turn my pad into something playable, 2 d-pad's on top of original d-pad on one on 8 small squares, tones of wool for grip and gummy thingies on buttons. I should play you guys better now, thanks mom!
(Hei, Kaz, Paul in Marauder today as a result.)

sasuke_91

Mom helped me turn my pad into something playable, 2 d-pad's on top of original d-pad on one on 8 small squares, tones of wool for grip and gummy thingies on buttons. I should play you guys better now, thanks mom!
(Hei, Kaz, Paul in Marauder today as a result.)
Dude, that's awesome! And you got an amazing mom by the way.

That probably explains the issues I had yesterday.
I couldn't consistently perform my shining wizard, the Bryan taunt or the focus attack with ny friends Hori stick on PS4.

I didn't drop them on my TE1 360 stick on pc.

My friend will be very disappointed to hear this.

This issue shouldn't appear with my stick with a Brook adapter on PS4, right?

Dunno. Never tested it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Just seem to be getting better results with Kazumi =(

Maybe once people get used to the new characters i'll switch back.

Kazumi is definitely strong, has that quick, plus on block low Leo lacks as well.

I mean, that's the ONLY thing Leo lacks but hey :p

I was getting infinite winstreaks with Miguel, but I think that's just because I seem to play him way more agressive.

Top Bottom