• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: The Final Seasons |OT| The Fullmetal Optimist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

They should have showed this on TV sometime before today :V

CN should have done a lot of things before today. :V

Currently watching the west coast feed.
PB seemed pretty conflicted about Finn leaving.
Charlie was a mess, what kind of life is she leading?

Macka

I loved Islands tbh and thought it worked very well and made sense in universe. As for people feeling dissatisfied
Adventure Time has always been about the reality of things not always turning out the way you want them to. When we first met Martin was a good example of that. Not everything can or will be fantastical, nor should it be, and i like that for relationships between characters they keep it grounded. As for Martin and Minerva's relationship, I found it heartwarming
If anything I wanted it to be less fantastical. I'm not dissatisfied because I wanted a 'happier' result necessarily...I just really dislike the way they decided to go about it in general.

Psxphile

"I'm going too."

tumblr_okmhgzamIT1ud1w70o1_500.gif

But seriously Bonnie, what kind of face is that?
Did you really believe you'd be able to keep the last human in Ooo by your side forever?

===============================

EDIT: preview clip for the next episode, Mysterious Island

Adventure Time | Sweaty Seeds

===============================

EDIT: new title card

KingOfOoo

Psxphile

Yup. The next two Islands episodes will be airing in 30 minutes.

And this space right here is where I would embed promo art for tonight's airings if I had any.

Psxphile

Maybe robots are just crabs?

Damn, what a mysterious ending to Mysterious Island. Let's see what the next ep has to say about it.

Raxus

Best joke of the whole miniseries filled with great jokes is
BMO trying to recreate Finn and Jake.

I actually laughed out loud when it cut to them.

vypek

Best joke of the whole miniseries filled with great jokes is
BMO trying to recreate Finn and Jake.

I actually laughed out loud when it cut to them.

What got me was the
drawing of Susan stinking.
lol they just had to drive that point home

vypek

My captions said it was Swedish and only thing I could guess was the word for dog. Glad there is a full translation

I really loved Islands. I find Stakes more fun and funnier - with its own deeper impact - but Islands is the growth and reflection I've wanted, plus BMO being ultra BMO.

Psxphile

Wow, two whole episodes of backstory and lore. Where to even begin?

- What is it about Utopias that make people want to leave them? They would rather brave the dangers of the outside world than remain coddled forever. And it happened frequently enough that a special squad of beefed-up human cyborgs were established to deal with the problem. At some point you'd think they'd realize that trying to restrain something only makes it want to break out more.

- Frieda a cute. What happened to her?

- Dr. Gross seemed pretty reasonable when she was younger, up until she went full villain at the end there. Also, what caused her to leave and come to Ooo?

- Susan/Kara just goes and drops a bombshell like that. But she seems to know what Finn wants/needs.

- Martin and Minerva seem so... normal. And how fitting that Finn's mom's profession is about helping people.

- according to Adam Muto Finn picked up the habit of wearing a bear hat from seeing his mom with the Helper hat.

- why does Minerva have two last names (three if you count marriage to Mr. Mertens): Brandt and Campbell?

- Damn. It all went to heck so suddenly. They were so happy. ;_;

- The fuck happened to you, Martin? You were actually a decent human being for a stretch of several months but you were never able to get back to that state, not even after meeting your long lost son...

-
tumblr_inline_oknoyfSTvE1tvnwh2_500.png

Sou Da

The humans not leaving immediately made this episode work for me. Feel bad for Finn, hope he manages to visit.

Psxphile

Too late now but what the hey, promo image for the final Islands episode:
tumblr_okrulsojUo1qzqzlmo1_1280.jpg

Tonight! ISLANDS Pt.8: THE LIGHT CLOUD, written/storyboarded by Graham Falk, Adam Muto, and me!
Alek Sennwald

And the full version of the artwork on the back of the Islands DVD set:
tumblr_ohyfsigxFf1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Adventure Time: Islands DVD back cover artwork designed and painted by Joy Ang
KingOfOoo

Next episode is called Abstract.

Probably going to be a while until we see it though. Hiatus time!

Is that really next?

This lone storyboard that was upped on the King of Ooo blog back in October was tagged "Abstract":

tumblr_ofty40y2oC1t0t09yo1_540.png

Islands was really great.

It kind of makes me lament the fact that this show didn't have more mini series specifically dedicated to serialized storytelling, lore, and worldbuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom