• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

RPGamer92

Banned
I had a dream we got a new trailer for this game last night. It featured Marston as the main character and took place after Redemption lol.

What evidence you got?

We've seen nothing about the game since the first trailer almost a year ago and maybe a screenshot. It's exactly like GTA V's situation. The game was announced in 2011 and we saw nothing for a year, and then the game was released the year after that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What are the chances we get to hear something there? at least a hint or tease when we can expect new stuff?

That would be in 6 hours btw.

2017-09-1508_57_30-tamfsba.png

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-eventDetails&EventId=5263200

Edit: Didn't they had such a meeting and then shortly after announced the delay and released new screenshots? maybe after that meeting we finally get something new?

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, these stockholder calls usually have juicy info for gamers.

I know this is sarcasm but correct me if im wrong but they had such a meeting shortly before announcing the delay and released new screenshots?... or was that something different?

Angry Fork

I hope it will not be as boring and mechanically broken as the first game

Facts. The collective kool-aid drinking about the first game is still insane to me. Everything except the aesthetics, physics and music were so bad.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd hopefully fixing the 1st games problems when the PC version comes out in 2022.

Frostman

What are the chances we get to hear something there? at least a hint or tease when we can expect new stuff?

That would be in 6 hours btw.

2017-09-1508_57_30-tamfsba.png

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-eventDetails&EventId=5263200

Edit: Didn't they had such a meeting and then shortly after announced the delay and released new screenshots? maybe after that meeting we finally get something new?

They'll update us by saying, "we should look forward to more information soon".

It will then be January 2018, and we'll be questioning why we still haven't had any information. This will then lead into the next delay of Autumn 2018.

Moertel

I know this is sarcasm but correct me if im wrong but they had such a meeting shortly before announcing the delay and released new screenshots?... or was that something different?

IIRC it was before they published their quarterly report.
Publishers tend to do big announcements before or on the day of, since it has significant impact on their financials.

The annual shareholder meeting is different from that. I wouldn't expect any news.

So 7 months at the earliest. I hope they take their time. RDR is my top 3 favorite games of all time so my expectations are on the moon for this.

I wasn't being sarcastic! These calls usually offer up wee bits of info such how successful a new feature is (like with GTA:O), or what a dev is up to, etc. So I can see them mentioning whether RDR2 is on track or not.
They released some screens upon announcing the delay, but I don't recall if it was announced during a shareholder call.

IIRC it was before they published their quarterly report.
Publishers tend to do big announcements before or on the day of, since it has significant impact on their financials.

The annual shareholder meeting is different from that. I wouldn't expect any news.

Nooo : ( Throw us a wee crumb of comfort T2!

Rellik

I dunno what game you played. For me it was a fantasy come true and definitely my all-time favorite game :)

It was a great game but it's fact the game was held together by sticky tape. It was a complete disaster and the fact we got a great game out of that broken POS is a huge credit to the Benz.

This one better be put together much better.

Didn't think this deserved its own thread.

https://www.eteknix.com/red-dead-redemption-2-set-face-delays/

It’s high-noon that Red Dead Redemption 2 had some good news!

Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most highly anticipated games out there. Recent delays, however, have caused some to express concern as to what state the game is currently in. If one was to believe the initial announcement, Red Dead Redemption 2 was supposed to be released this month. That deadline still has 10 days to become a reality, but I doubt they’re going to make it now.

Following the hype over this proposed release date, we, unfortunately, had to deflate our enthusiasm when we reported that the release date was being pushed back until Spring 2018.

Well, I’m afraid it is looking like more bad news as RDR 2 is set for yet another delay!

In a report via Metro, Rockstar has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 will not be released in its current financial year. Now while this isn’t necessarily saying that Spring 2018 isn’t still possible, to anyone who has ever had to submit a tax return, the writing on the wall isn’t good.

SEE ALSO: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Sales Set to Smash 10 Million
Most companies tax years run April to March. Therefore the absolute earliest this could be released, by Rockstars own admission is April 2018.

Now yes, April 2018 is still Spring, there are, however, some other factors here. If Rockstar thought this was still going to be ready in Spring 2018, they would have said so. Rockstar very shrewdly only confirmed that it would definitely not be released this financial year.

This means one of two things. Rockstar is preparing to post a drop in profits for the financial year based on mid-term projections. This is a possibility. The alternative is that they are attempting to discreetly shuffle away from the Spring 2018 projection.

Don’t get me wrong, RDR 2 could still get a Spring 2018 release, however, if you consider that for at least 2 of the 3 Spring months Rockstar has confirmed that it definitely won’t be, the writing on the wall isn’t good.

Be prepared for an announcement, probably October/November slating a release for Autumn 2018.

Relevant or not at all?

Wiped89

Delayed to strip out most of the single player and make it all about Red Dead Online.

Wish I was entirely joking

FelipeMGM

Sn4ke_911

You have like one week left Rockstar, you better keep your promise.

Neith

Banned
Obviously, there was no way this was done. I didn't believe it for a second. Next Fall more than likely. Take your time. We don't want a crappy game.

Sn4ke_911

Maybe the reason why they keep so quiet about RDR2 is because they don't want to steal the hype away from GTAV since it's selling so incredibly well now and so they want to keep the hype train going as long as they can.

Why be depressed? I guarantee it's not the case. There will be a sizable story campaign.

Im sure it will have a decent single player, but I dunno man. Just after the success of GTA Online, i just have a hard time thinking that they arent gonna start leaning more and more that way with their games.

Just knowing that this game is STILL being developed makes me fucking worried about sort of microtransaction hell they'll shoehorn into "Red Dead Online".

CheckMate

They have like 7 months till Spring 2018 ends and there hasn't been any marketing and zero communication of their plans.

Yeah, it ain't happing.

Maybe the reason why they keep so quiet about RDR2 is because they don't want to steal the hype away from GTAV since it's selling so incredibly well now and so they want to keep the hype train going as long as they can.

i thinks that's part of it. keeping GTA V in the limelight for as long as possible

Top Bottom