• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

belushy

Banned
I'm not pushing hard against it. This is a forum for discussion and I've been discussing it.

Hey sorry. Was pissed yesterday and just got annoyed by your post. You can discuss and I shouldn't be a douche about it. I may not like your opinions but it is necessary for discussion and to try and improve the game for everyone.

As for Extermination, I like it mainly because it's something different I suppose. If anything I'd cut the name and put an extraction point on the map, so you can win by extraction or by elimination. I also think it should use the current hcs settings instead of default H5 sandbox settings Imo.

Edit: my idea is for if it is ever considered for HCS I mean.

Trup1aya

Extermination is the perfect warmup gametype.

It's constant engagement and critical 1vX scenarios. An alternate win condition would certainly make it a better objective mode.

But as it stands now, I can't help but start every session with a few games of exterm.

jem0208

I should point out that I do enjoy playing Extermination. As Trup1aya (side note, how do you actually pronounce your name?) says it's good as a warm up/social mode.

I just don't think it has all that much merit beyond that. I definitely don't think it would work in HCS.

On an another note, I'd really like to see how Breakout would play if they modified the scoring system so that it was impossible to tie. Make it so that if the timer ends then the team with the least deaths that round wins the round. In the event that the teams are even then the team with the last kill wins the round. That completely eliminates the highly passive gameplay that Breakout launched with by forcing one team to always be aggressive in some form. That combined with the neutral flag return would fix a lot of Breakouts issues imo...

Trup1aya

I should point out that I do enjoy playing Extermination. As Trup1aya (side note, how do you actually pronounce your name?) says it's good as a warm up/social mode.

I just don't think it has all that much merit beyond that. I definitely don't think it would work in HCS.

On an another note, I'd really like to see how Breakout would play if they modified the scoring system so that it was impossible to tie. Make it so that if the timer ends then the team with the least deaths that round wins the round. In the event that the teams are even then the team with the last kill wins the round. That completely eliminates the highly passive gameplay that Breakout launched with by forcing one team to always be aggressive in some form. That combined with the neutral flag return would fix a lot of Breakouts issues imo...

True playa (player) - it was my AOL instant messenger handle as a kid. Got it from a biggie song

As for your breakout, what would happen with no deaths?

jem0208

True playa (player) - it was my AOL instant messenger handle as a kid. Got it from a biggie song

As for your breakout, what would happen with no deaths?

Ohhh... I was completely off lol

Goes to sudden death, first team with a kill wins the round. If that keeps going for a minute say then you end the round as a tie. I can't see that happening all that often though.

Trup1aya

Ohhh... I was completely off lol

Goes to sudden death, first team with a kill wins the round. If that keeps going for a minute say then you end the round as a tie. I can't see that happening all that often though.

It's funny when people try to call out to me in game. It's trup1aya4rea1. They either completely butcher it ("hey Trup one laya 4 rea one") or they burst into song.

I don't know what's complicated about your name, Trup lol. This thread needs more gangstas man.

Buncha
Halo 3
nerds in here.

EDIT: Btw, Extermination is great for that Spartan Charge commendation we still need around 400 for. Crazy how close to Achilles we are; only about 2.5k more for Marines and ground vehicle kills.

How dare you?! I trash on that game's sandbox more than anyone.
We're all* Halo 3 nerds after all, considering how much time we spent on that game when some of us couldn't BaRe it..
Trup, funk, fata, I fuck up all your names
It's all good. You're still rockin out with the Didact symbol in your avatar from before Halo 4 released. You'll always be alright in my book! ;b

Good times when a new Halo releases. There's always a short window of LUV before all hell breaks loose and we have to wait y e a r s for a tru
playa
Mk. V lol.

You can't fuck up Karl.

ipTdu49.jpg

jem0208

I can't get out of Platinum I seriously went from Platinum 6 to Platinum 1. 😭😭😭

Which playlist?

I've been hovering at low plat in the HCS. Actually dropped to gold at one point after a few shitty matches. Managed to push back up though. HCS is hard solo...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Which playlist?

I've been hovering at low plat in the HCS. Actually dropped to gold at one point after a few shitty matches. Managed to push back up though. HCS is hard solo...

Same. I'm bouncing between plat iv and gold vi. Currently at plat ii.

jem0208

Same. I'm bouncing between plat iv and gold vi. Currently at plat ii.

It's fucking tough with some of the teammates they give you.

I just had some of the most incompetent teammates in a while. How do you go an entire strongholds game with 0 strongholds captured?

jem0208

The HCS playlist. I always place diamond and get to Onyx in Arena and Slayer.
Yup, as i said I've had the exact same experience.

Josh Menke has said they purposely made the HCS playlist harder though. Plat in HCS is the equivalent of Diamond in Team Arena.

Also people in general just try harder in the HCS playlist.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's fucking tough with some of the teammates they give you.

I just had some of the most incompetent teammates in a while. How do you go an entire strongholds game with 0 strongholds captured?

lol, i get the opposite - the teammates that capture 10+ strongholds but only get 1 or 2 kills. like, literally flying from open stronghold to open stronghold with ZERO concern about holding a position.

Trup1aya

Yup, as i said I've had the exact same experience.

Josh Menke has said they purposely made the HCS playlist harder though. Plat in HCS is the equivalent of Diamond in Team Arena.

Also people in general just try harder in the HCS playlist.

I don't think they purposely made it harder. It's just that the skill level of players who use it trend higher...

With fewer scrub teir players to fill the lower ranks, those ranks end up filled with players who get higher ranks in other playlists.

In short The CSR requirements are the same, but CSR is harder to come by because there are no scrubs to set the baseline.

jem0208

I don't think they purposely made it harder. It's just that the skill level of players who use it trend higher...

With fewer scrub teir players to fill the lower ranks, those ranks end up filled with players who get higher ranks in other playlists.
Maybe, I know Menke said that the HCS playlist is harder though and that a plat is the equivalent of a diamond in team arena etc. It is rather frustrating that I'm gold 5 yet I'm literally only matching high plat or diamond players...

Also i got a buckle up in that last game.

Fuchsdh

We're so close with assassinations. I really wish more than 5 people in the company played this game. I can only get so many.

'Oh, look, this guy has his back to me, I can get the assassination!'

Pick one:

*I backsmack him instead.
*Someone immediately nukes him before I close in.
*I am run over.

Repeat.

I've even been pulling camo powerups to make it easier and it has not done so. :p

'Oh, look, this guy has his back to me, I can get the assassination!'

Pick one:

*I backsmack him instead.
*Someone immediately nukes him before I close in.
*I am run over.

Repeat.

I've even been pulling camo powerups to make it easier and it has not done so. :p
There actually 7 of us on. We can group up, do action sack, and have them done.

Top Bottom