• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

New002

Well, I lost About 2500 LP tonight after not playing ranked for months. From Platinum all the way down to Gold. I feel like trash. I don't know what's up with me, I feel like I was doing so much better against Platinum+ players in Casual than I am against these Gold players. I guess it's not in the card for me to play Akuma.

Casual is never enough to prepare you for ranked matches lol. i learned that the hard way with my crappy juri, I thought i was doing well with her on casuals so i should jump to ranking, but they destroyed me there.

I will echo this. I imagine it's because casual is the place to go to try out characters and test shit out and see what works and what doesn't, so it can be deceiving If you're cleaning up similarly ranked or higher ranked players there. Once you go back to ranked things get more serious so things you got away with in casual might not fly. People are bringing their A game and their mains. I posted earlier how I lost a chunk of LP doing the same thing.

Pompadour

I will echo this. I imagine it's because casual is the place to go to try out characters and test shit out and see what works and what doesn't, so it can be deceiving If you're cleaning up similarly ranked or higher ranked players there. Once you go back to ranked things get more serious so things you got away with in casual might not fly. People are bringing their A game and their mains. I posted earlier how I lost a chunk of LP doing the same thing.

Yeah, most players on Casual play at a level one or two leagues below the average skill level of a Ranked Player in their league. Maybe they're rusty, less invested in winning, or whatever but the skill gaps are pretty huge.

A Casual Gold is effectively a Ranked Super Silver.

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.

I never play Mika without using 4th color on her premium.

With Juri it's either color 12 with normal or Color 9 with her story costume

ElFly

Zangief default costume, either color 11 or color 2

I bought the xmas costume but (shameful)
it causes framedrops on my shitty pc
so I stopped using it

also looks kind of bad up close

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Not against St.LK. Seriously that move should not be frame trapped to another St.LK with how little the push back is.

This is the same Cammy who I mirror match and beat everything he throw out. But then I switch to Nash and I can't even press a button.
Uhm, delayed tech beats exactly that.

Is 👏Bison 👏Top 👏 Tier 👏 Or 👏 Not

Why is Japan so intent on placing him high and saying he's a problem? I don't have an opinion either way just wondering.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Why is Japan so intent on placing him high and saying he's a problem? I don't have an opinion either way just wondering.
Because they lose to good Bisons tbh. I think if you want to pin it down it's that his offense is actually legit and they don't find consistent ways to beat it.

Village

I think its a gameplay idealogy thing.

People from different areas tend to play games differently. That's why they are " GEIF AND BIPSON are a problem "

and were alike " WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH CAMMY"

Who's bopping europe, is it birdie, is birdie running through europe

Yeah, most players on Casual play at a level one or two leagues below the average skill level of a Ranked Player in their league. Maybe they're rusty, less invested in winning, or whatever but the skill gaps are pretty huge.

A Casual Gold is effectively a Ranked Super Silver.

I think this might be more true the higher up you go. As someone who currently plays casual and is silver rank, i fight a lot of people who play there mains in casual only as well as many who seem to turn both ranked and casual on and play what ever connects first.

Makes sense though because once your really invested in ranked (going for gold and above) casual kinda stops making sense apart from to test alts etc.

I bet you're silver ranked.

It's one opinion tho. And remember, their Gief players are Itazan and FAB if he plays.

Im gold but yea not great.

And yea no char is actually braindead, but when your just not into it, you tend to autopilot and get the illusion that there is no depth there.

I also hate how many people hopped on the character....its a weird ego thing I have idk.

Im about to sit down and write out the pros and cons of every character with a number 1-10 on the significance of that + or -.

Really need to get out of this funk. I feel stuck on autopilot and dont feel like im actually playing against people. It feels like were both just running our autopilots.

Really hate that casual matches group you with equal skill levels. I want to get bodied and have to think. Batlle lounges dont let you filter by reigon...Feels like the only way to play better people is to ask on forums.

Neoxon

If Capcom ends up doing another balance patch before CPT 2017 starts, hopefully they'll leave Urien alone.

stn

If Capcom ends up doing another balance patch before CPT 2017 starts, hopefully they'll leave Urien alone.
I sincerely hope so! Just buff everyone that sucks. This game is so straightforward that more nerfs will just make characters stale and boring.

Dahbomb

Urien HP buff redacted, Guile V trigger back to 3 bar, Laura improved in neutral, less snowbally, reduce damage on some Balrog combos, revert some changes on Cammy st.MP... buff the lower cast.

Patch done. No 90 pages of changes needed.

Bison secret top tier huh

Japanese players probably have Bison that high because they keep getting washed by Galtu online.

I think Japan tends toward slower, more defensive and consistent playstyles. Never forget that in Japan, Megaman is a common MvC2 pick - lol. The West tends to love aggro and mixups. Just think about how Daigo and Valle are so different in their approaches to Ryu in SFIV.

Bison might excel under Japanese playstyles, but I think it might be a combination of regional playstyles, unfamiliarity with the character, impatience, and a lack of very high-level play to show off his weaknesses.

Personally, I think Bison is solid mid tier now, but I really have a hard time viewing him as top tier material. I also think that Bison excels at crushing people who are uncertain about their gameplan, and thus, like Gief, he will always do best when a balance patch has recently come out, and then he will taper off a bit.

Just my two cents.

Neoxon

I sincerely hope so! Just buff everyone that sucks. This game is so straightforward that more nerfs will just make characters stale and boring.
This. Urien provides some nice complexity to SFV that shakes up the metagame. The last thing that Capcom needs is to fuck with that.

This. Urien provides some nice complexity to SFV that shakes up the metagame. The last thing that Capcom needs is to fuck with that.

How does Urien shake up the metagame? Lol the S2 Meta right now is pure madness/offence. If anything the only character that's shaking up the metagame with something different is Guile.

Neoxon

How does Urien shake up the metagame? Lol the S2 Meta right now is pure madness/offence. If anything the only character that's shaking up the metagame with something different is Guile.
I'm mainly referring to how Aegis Reflector can shake up certain Urien combos & how characters can get around it (there's V-Reversal, but Urien has some answers for that).

kobu

If you're a FANG player just accept that you will be playing a bad character for the life of the game right now. I played Dee Jay in sf4 so I know capcom just doesn't want some characters to ever be good.

Dahbomb

Megaman sucks in Marvel 2, doesn't matter where he is played.

Japanese players swore by Dhalsim in Marvel 2 though and that was actually legit but Sim never came into the limelight. But he was most definitely a high tier character in that game.

Not saying they are wrong or anything. Bison might in fact be top tier.

mbpm1

First 2 are likely, third is straight up impossible.

It can be done

Stomp now hits in air and can crossup. Headbutt grabs you out of hte air
all medium buttons reverted
Dash punches + on block
EX stomp and headbutt track
Old oki off grabs returned and improved

I'm mainly referring to how Aegis Reflector can shake up certain Urien combos & how characters can get around it (there's V-Reversal, but Urien has some answers for that).

90% of the V-Triggers in this game usually become a "welp, how long can I survive now" when activated on hit. It is versatile on other ways though but for combo purposes and what the other characters in the cast can do off a V-Trigger confirm.. it's kinda more of the same.

mbpm1

90% of the V-Triggers in this game usually become a "welp, how long can I survive now" when activated on hit. It is versatile on other ways though but for combo purposes and what the other characters in the cast can do off a V-Trigger confirm.. it's kinda more of the same.

Ibuki's game plan still

Not against St.LK. Seriously that move should not be frame trapped to another St.LK with how little the push back is.

This is the same Cammy who I mirror match and beat everything he throw out. But then I switch to Nash and I can't even press a button.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's also just a bad matchup considering how hard they hit Nash with the nerfs.

Wew I can't wait to see Bisons ruling the tournaments then. I think things being normalized is gonna help variation.

Even Nemo seems to think that. But poor poor FANG.

Pompadour

I feel like there should be a penalty when canceling into VT since there's no incentive to doing it raw except to give you time to punish a jump/fireball/etc. Cut the bar in half upon activation or something.

Of course, most VTs have a pretty one track focus and this wouldn't change their utility. And now that I think about it I retract this suggestion as a Balrog main.

mbpm1

Wew I can't wait to see Bisons ruling the tournaments then. I think things being normalized is gonna help variation.

Even Nemo seems to think that. But poor poor FANG.

Like with a lot of characters it comes down to who uses him

somebody could be top tier but if nobody puts in the work

I feel like there should be a penalty when canceling into VT since there's no incentive to doing it raw except to give you time to punish a jump/fireball/etc. Cut the bar in half upon activation or something.

Of course, most VTs have a pretty one track focus and this wouldn't change their utility. And now that I think about it I retract this suggestion as a Balrog main.

Maybe make VT activations on block negative so you aren't put into a mixup from blocking an attack. I think it makes sense, even if it'd nerf Laura and a few other characters.

How much better does this make Alex?

This is even rarer than landing crush counters on a non-dizzy opponent thanks to the overhaul v-skill. Would be more interesting if he could do it off EX flash chops that require meter, but have way less startup frames than HP chop.

It's really not that rare.

I land it pretty frequently in real matches, and I suck at just frames / one-frame links usually.

If someone learns to do it consistently, it will definitely become a helpful mindgame. Most characters don't have moves that can BOTH punish a blocked HP.chop (it's -4) AND beat throws at all ranges. So, it forces the opponents hand.

i didn't realize they had fighting games in europe
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom