• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
horizonapproachingqej7x.gif

ajanke

I remember people posting they were blown away by the intro. Maybe I was overhyped for it bc I didn't think it was that special lol. Loving the game though.

Dominator

Just started the pre-load. I get home from work around midnight or 1am, perfect timing. Gonna give it a few hours before I go to sleep tonight.

Just had to un-subscribe from 7 people on YouTube due to spoiler thumbnails.

What do they gain by pulling that bullshit, the games not out. People will just get irritated.

I am hesitant of even going on YouTube because the recommended and Home section is full of spoiler thumbnails.

Preordered my copy on Amazon (MX) past week. I think it's going to ship tomorrow, so I'll be receiving it on Thursday or Friday (which is a good thing because I have a lot of stuff to do and I won't be able to concentrate if I have the game around).

I'll be avoiding all kind of gaming communities (but this) so to enter completely spoiler-free. I really, really want to discover this world.

LifEndz

*checks youtube*

spoilers everywhere

you fucks

Yup. Thanks for scaring me away from doing the same. I kinda wish I went on a complete media blackout since several outlets decided to spoil what would've been a cool surprise. At least I avoided being spoiled about a major event like I was for Heavy Rain.

Stoffinator

Just had to un-subscribe from 7 people on YouTube due to spoiler thumbnails.

What do they gain by pulling that bullshit, the games not out. People will just get irritated.

Most of them just care about getting those views. I notice most also just rush the game to get the vids up.

The Limited Edition is super pretty with ist packaging and the steelbook. I really liked it. The art book is a bit thin...but what's in there really makes jumping into the game and looking for it even more exciting.

Can't we add the Limited Edition to the first post as well?

27521821175_fba7601a00_b.jpg

Is there no way to get this in the US? I can't seem to find it....

Yep, fucking Youtube spoiled some stuff for me as well. Ever since video news took over, Youtube has become a plague in tumbnail spoilers, thumbnail click-baiting and video descriptions.

Websites are one thing, but Youtube was the place I least expected to be avoiding for fear of spoilers.

People just can't contain themselves.
Shit, going to avoid Youtube than. I know there is an anti-spoiler thing you can download that blocks that sort of stuff on Youtube but I forgot what it was called.

SomTervo

Always avoid YouTube, esp the 'Recommended Videos' feed.

Spoiled Undertale shit for me while I was halfway through the game. Never again.

It kinda sucks there are no trophies tied to difficulty levels,

It's absolutely brilliant.

There's nothing worse than getting near the end of a game on the hardest difficulty and just being tired af with it, being worn down to a tired wire.

I had to bump Wolfenstein: TNO and Witcher 3: Blood and Wine from hardest difficulty to easy by their ends just because I couldn't be fucked retrying combat encounters 15+ times, and as a result I was punished even though I played 85% of the games on hardest. Not every game can be as harsh-but-fair as Souls - many games get cheap or grindy by the end on hard difficulties.

You should be free to play a game on any difficulty you want, if they've provided the option, and not be penalised.

I've got a hell of a week ahead of me but I think things should settle by Friday and I'll get to dive in!

Although I'm still super engaged in my replay of Bloodborne and I know I won't be able to get back to it if I step away so maybe I'll just make myself wait. Eh. Anyway.

Coming straight from Bloodborne will be nice -- I'll be ready for a challenge!

JayB1920

Naw I'm tripping I thought
he mentioned something about Cauldrons. lol

lol I initially did ask that but meant to ask in the spoiler thread to be safe since its something GG is being quiet about. I meant to ask how many different types of side activities there were in this OT. Thanks for the answer though.

To me the game looks very much like Far Cry in its world/loot but with some robot enemies.

Are you playing the game? I've seen the comparisons, but to be honest with you I haven't thought of Far Cry once throughout my 15 hours of playtime, especially when it comes to the world.

There's nothing worse than getting near the end of a game on the hardest difficulty and just tired af with it, being worn down to a tired wire.

I had to bump Wolfenstein: TNO and Witcher 3: Blood and Wine from hardest difficulty to easy by their ends just because I couldn't be fucked retrying combat encounters 15+ times, and as a result I was punished even though I played 85% of the games on hardest.

You should be free to play a game on any difficulty you want, if they've provided the option, and not be penalised.

I agree with your point of view.

I am really liking difficulty on very hard and the early gameplay after the intro.
Yep same. Fighting multiple machines, especially the higher tier one is no joke. I love it.

There's nothing worse than getting near the end of a game on the hardest difficulty and just being tired af with it, being worn down to a tired wire.

I had to bump Wolfenstein: TNO and Witcher 3: Blood and Wine from hardest difficulty to easy by their ends just because I couldn't be fucked retrying combat encounters 15+ times, and as a result I was punished even though I played 85% of the games on hardest.

Yes. It's very annoying playing on a certain difficulty level and getting stuck. I like how Guerilla has done it.

Wollan

There is no difficulty-based Trophy thankfully.
I will be enjoying the game on Normal.

I never fully replayed TLOU after having finished it on Hard.

Are you playing the game? I've seen the comparisons, but to be honest with you I haven't thought of Far Cry once throughout my 15 hours of playtime, especially when it comes to the world.
Even the reviews and impressions tell otherwise
i told you to ignore this. This is like the millionth time I've seen this

ajanke

lol I initially did ask that but meant to ask in the spoiler thread to be safe since its something GG is being quiet about. I meant to ask how many different types of side activities there were in this OT. Thanks for the answer though.

haha oh okay then. I was like man I could have sworn I read something else when I replied to it lol

Damn it I was going to get Halo Wars 2 just to spread out my open world games but I don't know if I can wait to play this game.
Great OT!

Is there a way to remove youtube thumbnails?

I've seen many Nier Automata spoilers as well :(

I use Wizmage image hider to block images while I'm surfing at work, but it also blocks the complete video and thumbnails on Youtube. You can always pause it per tab or website, or even per image by clicking an icon on the pic it's blocking (it shows a marble-like image with that looks like a stereogram instead of normal pictures).

May not be the best solution, but it works.

Tecnniqe

Banned

No, and I probably wont. I'm watching it and it gives me serious Far Cry vibes. The interface, loot and skill stuff all looks very much like Far Cry to me.

It looks good tho but the gameplay seems very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom