• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki appointed President of From Software

Mandoric

Banned
Kadokawa is shuffling management... in a good way?

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/855/855570/ said:
From Software announced the appointment of Mr. Hidetaka Miyazaki as president on May 21st.

Since joining From in 2004, Miyazaki's roles include stints as director of Armored Core For Answer and producer of Dark Souls.

Former president Naotoshi Jin will remain with the company in an advisory role..."

And thus ends his direct involvement in any and all dev projects.

ibuFnuB4UlRShA.jpg

have some faith

Mandoric

Banned
That's good to know then. That was my first worry as I'd want him as a game creator more than as a company president.

It's not set in stone, but From's corporate culture seems to smile on leading from the trenches, while the strategic alignment behind KADOKAWA will likely take many management issues out of his hands compared to leading an independent developer. There's room for cautious optimism that it's mainly KADOKAWA signaling they want From to stay From.

Abriael

Banned
A little addition. Demon's Souls producer Masanori Takeuchi also got an executive role, and is now Senior Managing Director.

Sentenza

Well, good for him.
But yeah, egoistically speaking I have to admit I also hope that doesn't take him away from having some direct involvement in the design process of their games.

Top Bottom