• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Well I hope I don't jinx myself now but... :

- tried every gpu config possible, swapped spots/slots, ran one gpu at a time etc etc, everything worked 100%

-turned on sli and shit hit the fan, tw2 crashed, reinstalled drivers - got green flickering artifacts ( I was certain one of my cards was about to die )

- did a final hail-mary, switched out the SLI bridge to one I had laying around in some drawer and presto all my issues are gone.

For now.

I hope that fixes it. Didn't you have horrible constant hardware problems like a year ago or something like that? I always hate to hear about people struggling with hardware. It's never fun.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I hope that fixes it. Didn't you have horrible constant hardware problems like a year ago or something like that? I always hate to hear about people struggling with hardware. It's never fun.

Yup, it was terrible... took me ~4 months for that hell to end with the first rig.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blops 8x MSAA w/1440p downsampling, no hud, adjusted fov

ibuk5CyHxbVIRe.png

iKUl7sh82zXFU.png

Hmm I don't *love* the sharpening, but I prefer it to the alternatives that aren't ubersampling, and I can't play with ~15-20fps, so sharpening it is! I guess I'm just not that sensitive to the effect too, I don't mind it in motion and it only bugs me sometimes in stills. I think the "pop"/definition (albeit fake) it adds isn't a bad look, most of the time. Without it the image is just this really weird combination of smoothness and noise (with or without the aa) that bugs me a lot more.

Ciastek3214

Used this guide;

http://www.overclock.net/t/1014933/a-guide-to-crysis-mods-56k-warning

Picked the big ones, texture mods, water etc. and whatever I liked. Then I took "RELI 2" / Global Ambient Lighting/POM AF / Extreme Config w/AF ( last one at the bottom, two others around the middle )

Can you help me with my problem about modded Crysis? The problem is when I paste the mods where I'm supposed to, and I play the game, the textures start to flicker. I tried everything I could think of.

hlhbk

I will never understand the love for Witcher 2 considering the bug that causes texture pop ups like it was released in 1999!

Tokubetsu

I still need to try the whole downsampling thing. I'm just lazy, don't want to take the time to do it and afraid of damaging my monitor/card.

Not that I'm aware of, I don't have an ATI card. If AMD's CC supports having the creation of custom resolutions and having the GPU do scaling then yea.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is it possible on ATI cards? Im assuming you are talking about the down sampling trick. The card is not powerful enough but it could be nice to run old games with superb IQ.

Something about an SSAA tool or something, I think scitek knows a thing or two about downsampling with ATI.

Top Bottom