• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

KingStrava

Neo Member
That looks like a samsung tab with smart tiles.
That is a iPad Mini with SmartTiles works great. I also like using FaceTime to contact my mom and wife.

Very nice! Needs a much bigger screen though.
That's the 65" OLED, I unfortunately cannot afford the 77" for $19,999

I love the media cabinet! May I ask where you found it?
BDI - Vertica Media Cabinet for Most Flat-Panel TVs up to 82"

Done. Keeping it clean and simple.

OVDDvYOl.jpg

Qls58Ddl.jpg

CltuCHAl.jpg

UjisjSwl.jpg

JDO99ZOl.jpg

Currently living with my parents but moving into my own house next month, look forward to posting here by the end of the year ☺

MizzouRah

Nothing too much has changed. I've added a PSPro and PSVR to the setup. I'm mostly working on all the home automation now. I can post some video's if anyone is interested.

image4_zps6chwbctd.jpg

image1%203_zpsblhpdb8x.jpg

image3_zpsa1dzif8r.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality.

This looks fantastic -- kind of the style I'm shooting for with my place. Where did you pick up your plant, and is it real or fake?

finalflame

Gold Member
You and I have very different views on what "clean and simple" means...

;)

EDIT: Also, why do you hate Nvidia so much?
lol I was going to say exactly this. Clean execution on your vision it seems though, just wildly differing opinions on what "clean and simple" looks like.

How does one move from his parents to his own house with out at least 4 crappy apartments in between?

I lived at home while in college, paid my own way via working, got lucky with my company's stocks and bought a house at 20. I never lived in an apt until I got divorced.

deadlast

Does anyone in here have an opinion on adding bias lighting?
I'm thinking of using that instead of a lamps for my desk.

Vipu

Banned
Does anyone in here have an opinion on adding bias lighting?
I'm thinking of using that instead of a lamps for my desk.

Isnt that same thing? Or what do you mean.
I have just normal desk lamp behind my monitors to work as bias lightning.

deadlast

Isnt that same thing? Or what do you mean.
I have just normal desk lamp behind my monitors to work as bias lightning.
Yes, kind of. I'm trying to figure out if I was a strip of leds or lamps for lighting. I think the led strip is cooler.

New lighting fitted to the bottom of my scratch built Vewlix cabinet. I'll be adding a dimmer switch today as it's a little too bright in the dark.

I'm seriously considering adding a 1440p / 4k monitor to replace the exisiting 1080p one which was fitted when I originally built the cabinet in 2009. It's not even an LED but works fine with low input lag. I'm running all fighting games using DSR to give a virtual 4k display size.

I still need to rebuild the back and add some additional LED lighting to that, make some more laminated topper artwork (generic, SFV, Tekken 7, Injustice 2 etc) so I can swap them out when I fancy a change and position some rockwool behind the speakers to improve the sound.

A few other older, random pictures of the control panel. Artwork designed in photoshop with aluminium strips added to the front and back sections to better frame the panel and give it some visual interest without detracting from the original design too much. The coin slot isn't working at present.

100 yen sticker I made in Photoshop - copied from an original so not entirely accurate. I need to re-fit the LED lighing under the opal acrylic section for the light bar. Excuse the mess in the background as this was taken during the build process.

Custom artwork I designed for the frontend (Maximus Arcade). I wanted something more modern looking to fit in with the cabinet design. Content is WIP; that's why the naming isn't quite right:

Yes, kind of. I'm trying to figure out if I was a strip of leds or lamps for lighting. I think the led strip is cooler.

At first, great setups all around. Maybe some day will upload mine ;)

As of the bias light, was looking into it yesterday and what i found out you should have a light with 6500k right guys?

deadlast

At first, great setups all around. Maybe some day will upload mine ;)

As of the bias light, was looking into it yesterday and what i found out you should have a light with 6500k right guys?
I believe I've read the same numbers as well. I'm not sure if you should mount the lights behind a desk or behind the TV/monitor.

Theresonlyone, I love your custom arcades. I've see it several times on other boards and via searches, really slick setup. It would be cool if you could display the special moves.

Alt facts.
How do consoles look on that 34? I need a 34" monitor for work, but I also play ps4 on my monitor.
What is your opinion of that razer soundbar?

I have the same soundbar. In the realm of PC speakers (non DAC/receiver setup), it's pretty damn good. I've even used it for small house party's and people are usually impressed with the sound it puts out. I don't use it often though, but only because I'm either in my Rift or using headphones.

TFGB

I thought Tabris used to knock around here?

Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

Anyways...lovely setups guys n' gals! Might as well add mine into the equation. :)

It's been like this for just over 10 years, with a few additions here and there. I sort of fell out of love with Home Cinema a good few years ago, but this year I'm thinking of upgrading most of my kit (bar my Kef Refs/JL Audio Subs) and having a major redeco in the gaf.

Regardless, hope it's up to Neo's standards!

The main room: (pic taken a while back)

24991_full.jpg

20th Anni PS4/ Launch Fatboy 60GB/7.2 Kef Reference/JL Audio/Denon/Rotel/Kuro

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

Rear Kefs in kitchen area:

26885_full.jpg

Bedroom PS4/PS3/VR setup:

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

The small office setup when I'm supposed to be working... (semi-retired now so might not be getting as much use as it did. :/ )

FQlZNXn.jpg

So ummm...yea, maybe expect a few updates and cheers for looking!

All my pics can be seen on my gallery over on BluRay.com here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=THE_FORCE

Hmmm anyways Tabris if you're reading, I assume you're still into your setups maybe? A blast from the past from the old Gamespot days! Would be nice to say hello after all these years!

Anyways...lovely setups guys n' gals! Might as well add mine into the equation. :)

It's been like this for just over 10 years, with a few additions here and there. I sort of fell out of love with Home Cinema a good few years ago, but this year I'm thinking of upgrading most of my kit (bar my Kef Refs/JL Audio Subs) and having a major redeco in the gaf.

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

The small office setup when I'm supposed to be working... (semi-retired now so might not be getting as much use as it did. :/ )

FQlZNXn.jpg

What is the shiny floor in your lounge? It looks like it would be a nightmare for showing dust!

Nice pad.

TFGB

lmao Cheers chaps!

It's not been the first time the 'American Psycho' comparison has been mentioned believe me.

Maybe I should worry? lol.

@EdwardTeach if anything, it's the easiest floor to clean. Every bit of guff shows up....you KNOW when it's dirty! Carpet can hide all manner of atrocities! That being said, I'll be going for something different finally this year as I've cracked 3 tiles over the years by dropping bottles of Brandy/Wine etc. lol

I suppose style over substance. :/

TFGB

lol @Elitist yet again I've heard that before! pmsl

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (my PSN ID is THE_FORCE hence the TFGB username).

I did actually originally base my front room on the black/white theme of the original Star Wars sets.

Sad I know. :/

@EdwardTeach if anything, it's the easiest floor to clean. Every bit of guff shows up....you KNOW when it's dirty! Carpet can hide all manner of atrocities! That being said, I'll be going for something different finally this year as I've cracked 3 tiles over the years by dropping bottles of Brandy/Wine etc. lol

I suppose style over substance. :/

I like how you take from this that the floor is what needs changing. Don't drop brandy and wine!

New lighting fitted to the bottom of my scratch built Vewlix cabinet. I'll be adding a dimmer switch today as it's a little too bright in the dark.

I'm seriously considering adding a 1440p / 4k monitor to replace the exisiting 1080p one which was fitted when I originally built the cabinet in 2009. It's not even an LED but works fine with low input lag. I'm running all fighting games using DSR to give a virtual 4k display size.

I still need to rebuild the back and add some additional LED lighting to that, make some more laminated topper artwork (generic, SFV, Tekken 7, Injustice 2 etc) so I can swap them out when I fancy a change and position some rockwool behind the speakers to improve the sound.

A few other older, random pictures of the control panel. Artwork designed in photoshop with aluminium strips added to the front and back sections to better frame the panel and give it some visual interest without detracting from the original design too much. The coin slot isn't working at present.

100 yen sticker I made in Photoshop - copied from an original so not entirely accurate. I need to re-fit the LED lighing under the opal acrylic section for the light bar. Excuse the mess in the background as this was taken during the build process.

Custom artwork I designed for the frontend (Maximus Arcade). I wanted something more modern looking to fit in with the cabinet design. Content is WIP; that's why the naming isn't quite right:

i love this

Kyne

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

FQlZNXn.jpg

raw

Tabris is banned. I'm running the show while he's gone.

That is a damn clean setup.

TFGB

@EdwardTeach I apologise I'm sorry I didn't answer your question about the shiny floor.

It's Italian polished porcelain tiles. Cheers!

TFGB

@Kyne ahhh I see.

I'm sure that it must've been a conflict of personalities with Tabris, as he was always a really decent poster...I'm talking like 10 years ago!

Thanks for allowing my setup to be featured here btw, and cheers for the comps.

mindatlarge

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

FQlZNXn.jpg

Damn, as a collector I could never pull this off since I like to look at all my stuff but your crib is amazing. Love how clean, simple but elegant it all looks.

TFGB

Okay stupid question, but is there a 'thanks' button anywhere to say thanks to kind comments from member instead of quoting them all?

It's nice to have appreciative comments instead of the usual 'meh'! (if you catch my drift)

kvn

Okay stupid question, but is there a 'thanks' button anywhere to say thanks to kind comments from member instead of quoting them all?

It's nice to have appreciative comments instead of the usual 'meh'! (if you catch my drift)

No, but there is a quote button. Use that instead of "@".

jax

Banned

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

FQlZNXn.jpg

Amazing setup.

Kyrios

24991_full.jpg

hOszOKo.jpg

twEjALq.jpg

26885_full.jpg

PwHKFT5.jpg

Bedroom rears:

QWQ83bt.jpg

FQlZNXn.jpg

This seriously had me speechless and mouth agape, I love everything about your setups lol

TFGB

@V0yce I originally only intended the wall panels to be for aesthetic reasons, though in a slight hindsight they did marginally help with acoustics.

When I say marginally, I literally mean that as I never designed my home with acoustics in mind unfortunately.

It may look okay, but acoustically speaking it's far from perfect. It doesn't do my Kef speakers any favours. :/

It could've been planned alot better, but it was 10 years ago now, and it was still an experiment I suppose. :/

I'm older and wiser now, so will obviously create something more relevant on my next attempt. Hopefully I'll be able to create something that people may like?

Top Bottom