• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity Gameplay Videos

Pandemic

Video 4 of 4 looks pretty interesting, and how the fires can spread, and sends out a ''agent'' to the local fire department.

Combine

Banned
holy shit that simulation engine is INSANE
It certainly is. Something to keep in mind when you see the content (buildings, etc.) and realize what computations are being done under the hood to keep it within the grand simulation scheme.

dLMN8R

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
System sounds very flexible. In the 4th video the speaker states that they could create different agents (or scenarios) post-retail and drop it into the world without that big a fuss. I need this game in my life (or maybe I don't).

odhiex

I can't open the videos at work...can somebody put this on youtube? please. Are these intentional leaks anyway?

D-Pad

Man I wish I understood what they were talking about with the agents and power and stuff. That engine sounds really complex.

Bliany

It's interesting to see how the engine works, behind the curtain. Though in a way I think I enjoy games more when I am ignorant it's machine.

Really tough siumlation work going on here, but it looks really cool and will make the new SimCity a much-better sequel than 4 if all of the other elements come together. And it still manages to look great!

Wildesy

1:11-1:17 of video 4.

Buttheads.jpg

cbox

The one part of the video I wanted to see was when they laid down the zones, my fears were that there would be pre-made houses and shit from the trailer. Crisis averted, hype x1000!

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Glassbox looks ridiculous. Here's to hoping it turns out as awesome as it's been envisioned.

Wildesy

It looks like 3 members of the team are doing a AMA over on reddit. It states they will answer questions on Thursday 3/8 from 12:00 - 3:00 PM PST. I have no idea when that is since i'm an aussie and I'm already living life on thursday.

Might be something to keep an eye out for over the next 24 hours.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/qmi0w/iama_maxis_development_team_on_simcity_amaa/

[Ocean] Yeah, like SC4, you can build out a region by yourself, and make all of the cities serially. There are lots of players who just want to control their own world, and they don’t want anybody to interfere with it. But even those solo players are going to be participating in the flow of resources that constitute the core of the games economy – the economic landscape that they’re operating in will be shaped by the actions of other players, even if they are only playing solo. In addition, there will be regional challenges and opportunities that you’ll be competing against other regions for. So you can play by yourself. More social players can play with their friends and accomplish more, faster, but that’s their choice.
As for custom content – think back to SC4 - first we just need to get the game out, and make everything work robustly.

Always-online incoming.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
In regards to the importance of fire stations and their role in the cities economy, libertarians are gonna hate this game

Top Bottom