• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

So I start up Trails in the Sky: First Chapter, and I can't use my Dual Shock 4 without BPM. :(

I feel like a very broken record by this point, but why oh why would you play the mouse controls paradise game with any controller at all?
Just try it with mouse/kb, you don't even need to thank me after.

edited: it's fully playable with mouse alone, so not like you need kb, I just use it because it makes some things more convenient.

Pachimari

I feel like a very broken record by this point, but why oh why would you play the mouse controls paradise game with any controller at all?
Just try it with mouse/kb, you don't even need to thank me after.

edited: it's fully playable with mouse alone, so not like you need kb, I just use it because it makes some things more convenient.

It actually feels fine with a keyboard.

Anyway, first impression, wonderful soothing soundtrack, I like Estelle and Joshua and Cassius. Visuals is pretty ugly, and I'm not digging the first town here.

On my way to my first test.

[edit] Oh shit, I sprint with the mouse!

illusionary

I'm probably going to play it anyway just to spite you all. Ha!

Okay, more because I finished replaying the original three games and I'm kinda curious how the 'reboot' compares to that anyway. I'm sure "Derrick01 was right" will apply, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

My new youtube stealth hero is prenatual. They make a point of doing complete stealth no upgrade runs of many games, versus the psycho stealth of StealthgamerBR, or the rock and roll stealth of the British Nanosuitninja.

Here's a couple Thief videos, with one highlighting ways to exploit bugs like shooting a water arrow off center to a torch snuffing it out but not arousing suspicion in guards.

And for those of you that say Blink breaks Dishonored.

giphy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, Kalas was a dickbag.

Even so, Baten Kaitos is still my favorite game ever though.

Dont get me wrong I love Baten Kaitos but I have forgotten many things over the years and Kalas is worse than I remembered on terms of being a douchebag. The later twist in the gameis just sprinkles on top to be honest.

God I hate this trend

It's like spitting on your legacy

In this case is less spitting on your legacy as much it's spitting on the legacy of a studio you forcefully took over through shady means to get ownership of their IP.

"Nonetheless, I want to say that, for all its flaws, Prey does not deserve to be forgotten."

I wish Bethesda wasn't so far up their own ass that they would release the original on steam again.

Oh wow, didn't realize it had been removed. Do keys still activate on Steam if someone manages to get a hold of one? I thought it​ was kinda a weird circumstances where the game didn't require Steam but later on they added the ability to activate keys for it, so since might still be unused.

Jawmuncher

In this case is less spitting on your legacy as much it's spitting on the legacy of a studio you forcefully took over through shady means to get ownership of their IP.

Oh wow, didn't realize it had been removed. Do keys still activate on Steam if someone manages to get a hold of one?

Yeah, keys from retail is the only way to get the game now on steam

Dinjoralo

So... Anyone else excited for Birthdays? That game looks like it'll be really fun to mess with, like a modern take on the software toys from Maxis.

My new youtube stealth hero is prenatual. They make a point of doing complete stealth no upgrade runs of many games, versus the psycho stealth of StealthgamerBR, or the rock and roll stealth of the British Nanosuitninja.

Here's a couple Thief videos, with one highlighting ways to exploit bugs like shooting a water arrow off center to a torch snuffing it out but not arousing suspicion in guards.

And for those of you that say Blink breaks Dishonored

I'm not a fan of extreme playthroughs myself (but kudos to those trying). Then again, the first thing I noticed on those Thief videos was how tiny the FOV is. It's nauseating. Also, knowing that the only way to enter the Dunwall Tower in Dishonored is with blink, I immediately looked for it and there is a note in the video that says as much right away (M6).

I personally always felt that Dishonored was designed as an action game with stealth put in afterwards, then sold as if stealth first. The difference in amount of work into action animations versus what you get from pure stealth implies as much -to me- anyway.
Blink only 'kind of' breaks it in the sense that it doesn't seem designed for it. I have not played the sequel, where the difference in being designed around blink may be much more obvious.

edit: Prey was awesome. There is a segment with a self-recursive room which really stood out for having to wrap your head around that. It also had an enemy in it, so you would fire a rocket at it and shoot yourself in the back (or side).
Also the random variations in size and scale were all 'whuuuu'. So many nice things, and it wasn't for a piece of shit character like Duke Nukem.

"Nonetheless, I want to say that, for all its flaws, Prey does not deserve to be forgotten."

I wish Bethesda wasn't so far up their own ass that they would release the original on steam again.

Wonder if this is one of those cases where they bought the ip but not the original game?

Cth

Anyone know how long Untold Stories is? I tried the demo (which was choppy unfortunately) and it was fairly short.

I love the idea of the game and it comes highly praised I just dunno after that demo, might wait for it to go on sale.

Yakkue

Anyone know how long Untold Stories is? I tried the demo (which was choppy unfortunately) and it was fairly short.

I love the idea of the game and it comes highly praised I just dunno after that demo, might wait for it to go on sale.

Depends on how many things your try to interact with, about 2 1/2 to 4 hours.

Tizoc

So... Anyone else excited for Birthdays? That game looks like it'll be really fun to mess with, like a modern take on the software toys from Maxis.

Well you know I am interested in it :p
I love the cutesy graphics for one thing.

Battlechili

Banned
Instead of hoping Capcom does something with Dino Crisis in the future, wouldn't it be more likely and more worthwhile to hope for PC ports of Asura's Wrath and Okami?

Dinjoralo

Well you know I am interested in it :p
I love the cutesy graphics for one thing.

I know! Everything looks like plushies that I wanna snuggle SO BAD.

...But uh ahem the sim stuff looks like it'll be fun to play with.
Instead of hoping Capcom does something with Dino Crisis in the future, wouldn't it be more likely and more worthwhile to hope for PC ports of Asura's Wrath and Okami?
Probably. I'll hope with you. #Hopes intensely#

Uzzy

Pretty sure it's more worthwhile to hope for a sequel to Cannon Spike then it is to hope for one for Dino Crisis.

Does PREY™ share any of the same staff as Dishonored 1 or 2? Finally finishing the latter up and there is such a crazy amount of diversity to the levels and I'm finding it consistently surprising up to mission 8.

Really hope Prey is grand.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does PREY™ share any of the same staff as Dishonored 1 or 2? Finally finishing the latter up and there is such a crazy amount of diversity to the levels and I'm finding it consistently surprising up to mission 8.

Really hope Prey is grand.

The lead on Prey was one of the two co-directors of the original Dishonored.

Sajko

So... All of the Ubisoft games on Steam are purchase disabled. Hopefully its just a bug. Or are they completely moving away from Steam?

Nabs

Welcome to your Uplay future.

edit: For Honor + Steam Controller bundle is only 30 dollars,

edit: can't check out anymore.

Nabs

I WAS ALREADY PUTTIN IN MY STEAMGUARD CODE GHHHNRNRNRNR

I was so close, So close ;_;

dont stress. I was going so fast, I probably just made a mistake about it being purchasable.

I gotta say, I've been feeling down while I fight this cold, but a classic (potential) steam error sure whipped me into shape for a moment. I need more.

madjoki

Welcome to your Uplay future.

edit: For Honor + Steam Controller bundle is only 30 dollars,

edit: can't check out anymore.

Steam won't ever let check out items without price (or zero or negative)

Seems like still some regions has those available, like South America & Canada.

99.99% likely a mistake.

madjoki

It's because Ubi's online services are down again. That's why the store pages are still up -- the subs will be back once everything is functioning properly again.

I doubt it's related, even steamworks games are gone (south park, grow home/up), while some uplay games are up.

Those new Dino Crisis games look incredible! Both the HD remakes of The Trilogy, and the brand new MMO. Developed in unison by Atlus, Rare, and Bioware. Published by Sega.

Shame it's only available on N64DD, Game.com, and Sega Channel. :(

EDIT: Oh I noticed that Dino Crisis 3 HD will be available for all modern systems. Thank goodness!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I doubt it's related, even steamworks games are gone (south park, grow home/up), while some uplay games are up.

I mean, feel free to assume the sky is falling, but ask yourself this: Why are the store pages still up if Ubi is leaving Steam? Valve has to pull packages but publishers can disable store pages whenever they wish.

madjoki

I mean, feel free to assume the sky is falling, but ask yourself this: Why are the store pages still up if Ubi is leaving Steam? Valve has to pull packages but publishers can disable store pages whenever they wish.

I'm not assuming, I'm assuming it's unintentional error as I wrote above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom