• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

giphy.gif

Gradon

It's wishlist time again. Post screencaps or gifs of characters/movies that could get in KH but probably never will. Square-Enix or Disney owned, so no Goku and Shrek.

No names either. Let's see if people can guess.

tumblr_n39zdkXhOe1s8hnhko1_250.gif

You know you guys want it.

Haha.
Serious answer:

giphy.gif

Malyse

Oh I forgot to mention
Union X skips over the Keyblade War too. So we still haven't seen what the fuck actually happened in it.

I think the Keyblade War is going to be the multiplayer mode of KH3.

Oh I forgot to mention
Union X skips over the Keyblade War too. So we still haven't seen what the fuck actually happened in it.

I've maintained for a while that KH2's basic framework for melee characters (as seen in Roxas, Sora, each Sora form, Mickey, and Riku, but *also* with Sephiroth and every sort member and boss-Roxas, cloaked Riku-Ansem, and a bunch of the human-sized Disney bosses) would easily allow them to be playable in multiplayer; they've basically all got basic combos, combo finishers, air recovery, air counter, and so on. None of them have regular Sora's full immense moveset, but they all share the same fundamental framework (except they've got Revenge-driven supermoves and Sora doesn't). Wouldn't be impossible to take their existing movesets and make them playable, and from there to balance them properly for cooperative or competitive multiplayer.

It'd be especially cool, IMO, to take those Revenge moves and turn them into consume-all-your-MP moves just like the Limit attacks and Cure spell. I think that'd be a reasonable starting point from which to balance them

Oh I forgot to mention

I'd be okay with a MP mode, as long as Mickey is the announcer.

"Hoo-hoo, it's a Deathmatch! Kill all of the opposing scum and, gosh, claim your victory!"

KanameYuuki

Finally completed 2.8, I was hoping to get answers but all I got was even more questions specially about
Luxu, No name and the Black box

And it made me hate more the fact that I can't play Unchaned X because it is not on my country, now adding even more salt with the release of Union X

Finally completed 2.8, I was hoping to get answers but all I got was even more questions specially about

And it made me hate more the fact that I can't play Unchaned X because it is not on my country, now adding even more salt with the release of Union X

Consider yourself lucky.

Unchained isn't that great, I thought it would be funner to play it then watch it , but it's really one of the few games where I'll say you miss nothing whether you play or not.

KanameYuuki

A friend is always asking me to play it so I assumed it was super fun, but I would have to deal with apk, updates and all of that and I'm super noob with those things.

It still seems there is so much to the story that I would be missing.

A friend is always asking me to play it so I assumed it was super fun, but I would have to deal with apk, updates and all of that and I'm super noob with those things.

It still seems there is so much to the story that I would be missing.

The combat system is as deep as a puddle, the first 300-400 quests have almost no story ( currently on quest 500 something on Western release. You do need to read up/watch the story, my point was you don't need to play the game to experience it to the fullest ,since it doesn't add much to the experience. Back cover had more story than the english version of unchained chi. I don't like watching other people play games or reading up on them which is why I still play(on top of already completing the ~400 mission intital grind before the story actually stars moving), but I have no qualms with suggesting other people do it since the game is pretty simple unless you delve into the competitive part of it , which will cost you money.

Ydelnae

I had a dream in which Nomura got up on stage at E3 to announce that KH Unlimited Cross, a PS4 port of the mobile game with more story scenes, would be the 2018 game.

Malyse

It's too damn long, man. I'm still only a couple hundred missions into Unchained

I'm talking about [chi]
tumblr_omrszaTKzP1tddrguo4_r2_400.gif

Not unchained.
tumblr_omrszaTKzP1tddrguo3_500.gif

I had a dream in which Nomura got up on stage at E3 to announce that KH Unlimited Cross, a PS4 port of the mobile game with more story scenes, would be the 2018 game.

What you want is
Monster Hunter / PSO styled game. Four player co-op, mission structure, multiple costumes, create a character. Set it in the past and use the plotline of KH chi. Plus with what like, 11 different keyblade wielding styles thus far? Let up pick what kind of keyblade fighting style we want to use as well. Or, you can tie the wielding style to the keyblade itself. Big and unwieldy? Terra style. Two handed grip? Eraqus style. Short and speedy? Ven style. Two big blades? Valor style. Two light blades? Roxas style. Make the abilities item drops with a trading system. Let us pick classes too. So a dual wielding mage would be Master form style, a dual wielding tank would be Valor and a dual wielding DPS would be Roxas.
I'll add: make the mission structure like Days and give me the keyblade evolution of [chi]. Toss in some character trees to customize my character. For example, one tree leads to the ability to use forms, which you would have to use points to unlock. One tree leads to keyblade transformations. One tree leads to limit breaks a la days. One tree leads to style changes. One leads to a redone overclock system. And you can switch between a KH1, KH2, and KH3D,BBS,re:coded magic system.
Throw in as many weekly and daily events as [chi] and Unchained and have as many clothes and abilities as the browser/mobile games.

Malyse

All the fan games are getting canned. Days HD (no shit you got told no) and Cycles of Time
(I guess I can reveal the name since it's not happening)
aka The Kairi game both got dropped todayl.

Psxphile

so next chi update is gonna tell us who the 4th new union leader will be
I guess they wouldn't be playing it up if it wasn't a familiar face. And Ven's existence blows the field wide open, they can literally use anyone from the present time and convince us it's totally possible with some of that KH secret sauce mumbo jumbo.

All the fan games are getting canned. Days HD (no shit you got told no) and Cycles of Time
(I guess I can reveal the name since it's not happening)
aka The Kairi game both got dropped todayl.
oh wow they... actually tried to get permission to use SE's intellectual rights directly from their PR department and somehow convinced themselves that was a good idea...

Malyse

I guess they wouldn't be playing it up if it wasn't a familiar face. And Ven's existence blows the field wide open, they can literally use anyone from the present time and convince us it's totally possible with some of that KH secret sauce mumbo jumbo.

oh wow they... actually tried to get permission to use SE's intellectual rights directly from their PR department and somehow convinced themselves that was a good idea...

They made a rookie mistake and let a reddit thread scare them.

zeemumu

Ventus is in Chi now? Hmm, I've missed a lot and am confused as hell.

Making the same game twice with minor changes with both being canon in different parts of the universe and being constantly updated doesn't help.

Remind me why
we're repeating the whole adventure from the beginning if only the part after turning down Ava was a dream?

Famassu

I guess they wouldn't be playing it up if it wasn't a familiar face. And Ven's existence blows the field wide open, they can literally use anyone from the present time and convince us it's totally possible with some of that KH secret sauce mumbo jumbo..
To be fair, Ventus' past was always kind of mysterious (I mean, I don't remember if it was ever explained how he came to be with Xehanort and why exactly he's such a special little snowflake) so it's not too much of an ass-pull to have him actually have a past beyond being taken advantage of by Master Xehanort in BBS and to have him have such a huge connection to the Keyblade War/what comes after it, that kind of fits with Xehanort's obsession with the war and maybe gives a bit more reason for him to be considered such a special keyblade wielder.

Tsunamo

To be fair, Ventus' past was always kind of mysterious (I mean, I don't remember if it was ever explained how he came to be with Xehanort and why exactly he's such a special little snowflake) so it's not too much of an ass-pull to have him actually have a past beyond being taken advantage of by Master Xehanort in BBS and to have him have such a huge connection to the Keyblade War/what comes after it, that kind of fits with Xehanort's obsession with the war and maybe gives a bit more reason for him to be considered such a special keyblade wielder.
Yeah it's been left vague enough that it fits. Still not sure how I feel about him being a leader though, would have been nicer if he was just one of dandilions that made it to the next world and you met him once on a mission or something rather than making him super important to Unions story by being one of the new leaders.

I'd doubt Nomura planned this stuff out back when 2FM and BBS cameout though, it's just a happy coincidence and the gaps are left open enough that it fits in i'd say.
Fuck, 4th union leader looks like
Zexion wearing a fedora, lol

spoiler screenshot

Before I saw him up close I thought he looked like Ardyn which gave me a chuckle considering how Nomura tends to include subtle Versus infleunces in other works.

With that said though
I'd doubt its a coincidence that he looks like him and carries around a book

Top Bottom