• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking several online retailers (Amazon, Target etc) and the thing seems to be completely sold out everywhere.

Looks like this have been a very successful launch for Nintendo so far.

Bad enough to where Amazon couldn't fulfill all their preorders.

Unless you're willing/able to jump around to a bunch of different stores it looks like getting a Switch will be pretty tough.

jonno394

We should know Monday what day one sales were in the likes of uk and usa (hopefully) so we'll be able to tell if things are sold out due to this being a successful launch or just a launch with awful supply.

Cfer

Neo Member
I could walk into almost any retailer here in Australia and pick one up today.

Saw lots of pro controllers too, which seem to be a scarcity in most stock related topics

Jinroh

It's been only a day so it's hard to judge, maybe there will be a constant restock. But here in Switzerland everything was sold out in my town. It was a real challenge to find Zelda without preordering it, and finally got it after I called a shop that received only one game.

Vitacat

I suspect people who didn't get one yet, won't be able to for quite a while. Unless you get an extra from a GAFfer selling for cost, or a scalper. But please, don't encourage scalpers. They're pure evil.

Note, I'm in US.

dc89

There was semi decent stock levels yesterday in the U.K.
I bet there's still stock out there, the supermarkets would be the best bet though.

Seems to be running out over here in UK. Was a lot yesterday if you were early enough but with it being payday weekend I suspect it will pretty much sell out over here

The Argus

When I was picking up Zelda at my local GameStop the staff literally took 6 phone calls about whether they had some in stock or not. Gonna be a hard couple months to find one, I'm sure. That said I figured I wouldn't score a Pro Controller for awhile, yet Amazon had some today with next day shipping.

Hooks

Saw lots of pro controllers too, which seem to be a scarcity in most stock related topics
Yeah you're not wrong, every store I went to today had them in stock

Yep. EB said they have plenty of stock and it's where I picked mine from.

sazzy

My local JB HiFi (AU) got 18 copies of Zelda Wii U (2 preordered) and about 100 copies of Zelda Switch (14 preordered).

Haven't checked with them since launch.

Abelard

Local Best Buy got like 20. I live in the GTA (AKA, the most populated metropolitan center in Canada).

Can someone explain why Nintendo does this? Because said Best Buy also had like 50 copies of Breath of the Wild, just lying there...

Persona7

Banned
Hopefully Nintendo has a new shipment before I mail my switch back to amazon. Joy con is busted and my screen was scratched by the dock. I also got fucked by the premium hori protector. Incredible luck.

TheYanger

every target in my area was listed as having one at 1 pm today on the website.

Walked in to my closest one, they definitely had 2-3 left, just grabbed it and walked out. Otherwise seems mostly ok.

Jay RaR

I only checked one Best Buy out of curiosity and I didn't see any Switches on the floor. Didn't ask any employees though. They still had some BotW Switch games there, but I didn't check to see if they had other Switch accessories. I checked in the middle of the day too.

California, USA here.

Ammogeddon

In the UK, the stock situation seems fine. It's Zelda that is somehow limited stock-sold out everywhere.

Yeah Zelda availability is short in the places where its discounted like Shopto, understandable really. Why pay £60 when you can pay £45 (that's what I would pay with Shopto discount).

Gonna have a wonder around town today and see what I can find.

weekev

Banned
Sold out in my town in the U.K. Seems an anemic launch line up hasn't stopped decent sales. Probly something to do with launching with the definitive version of one of the greatest games of all time.

Striek

Backing up the comments about Australian stock. Plenty everywhere. Instock at most big online retailers too.

In stock with several online retailers here in France. Haven't heard anything about brick & mortar stores being sold out either.

I even got a notification from Amazon yesterday saying it was eligible for 2-hour delivery via Prime Now.

hamchan

A lot of stock in Australia. Perhaps the price was too high here when you could get an Xbox One S + 6 games for $200 less the same weekend.

Amazon couldn't handle the demand. I cancelled mine.

Walked into Costco and they had had a bunch. Sadly Amazon held my money before they could ship it.

Son of a bitch

Was able to get Zelda and a pro controller though

Looks like it's selling through its total allotment. Online is barren and while I was out today stopped by a Best Buy, Target, and GameStop just to see what their Switch sections looked like. Everything was sold out at them I clouding systems and the majority of accessories. Games themselves seemed to still be in inventory though

US btw. Nintendo is weaker in Europe so it may have better stock there

Apt101

Bad enough in my area that I am not even going to bother trying to find one until summer. I called all of the stores in my area that could have had one. Literally, across three cities, was like 30 places, though I didn't bother with Walmart because the people who answer the phones never know, and my only try they redirected me to the deli - didn't even know Walmarts had delis.

Anyway, only GameStop employees knew anything about stock, and all of them I spoke with told me they got very few before selling out. One girl said "Maybe 10% the amount we got of PS4 or Xbone?"(sic). I was like, damn. Nintendo never makes enough of their shit.

Dizzy

Banned
UK here. Could walk into a store yesterday and get one. They all had a handful in. Plenty of online retailers were selling them too. I think some only had a handful though, but its impossible to tell how many they originally got in.

basik

EVERYTHING was sold out at my bestbuy in maryland. No games, switch consoles, or accessories. I got the last copy of zelda. But there were like 10 copies of 1,2switch left...either they shipped more of those or people didnt want it..i didnt get it either.

I suspect people who didn't get one yet, won't be able to for quite a while. Unless you get an extra from a GAFfer selling for cost, or a scalper. But please, don't encourage scalpers. They're pure evil.

Note, I'm in US.

I think there were more scalpers in my town than actual buyers, based on inventory counts on brick seek two days ago vs craigslist this evening. That, or the majority of actual buyers got theirs through the mail.

ponziacs

Banned
In my area there are over 1000 results for Nintendo Switch on Craiglists. I think stores will start to restock when the scalpers start to return theirs.

UK:

Amazon UK is sold out
Game online is sold out
Shopto is sold out
Grainger apparently has stock (I suspect a lot of people in the south don't know it even exists)
Smyths has Neon only
Toysrus us has grey only

Great but not spectacular.

Behlel

Here in italy no problem, it's in stock on amazon and in my country there are tons of switch and accessories unsold (for reference on PS4 Day One the console was sold out in less than 2 minutes and had a way bigger stock).

Smowza

Neo Member
UK Argos high street store, my shop got 5 grey in and 1 neon.. keep in mind that all our pre-orders get delivered by head office so that was our stock for walk in customers.

We sold out within the first 45 mins, 3 consoles got bought by employees of other shops buying for their customers before they came in... They obviously had taken more pre-orders than they should have.

Never encountered that b4, numbers look good from my POV.

UK Argos high street store, my shop got 5 grey in and 1 neon.. keep in mind that all our pre-orders get delivered by head office so that was our stock for walk in customers.

We sold out within the first 45 mins, 3 consoles got bought by employees of other shops buying for their customers before they came in... They obviously had taken more pre-orders than they should have.

Never encountered that b4, numbers look good from my POV.

Surprised they did that. Still better to do that and not make any mark up at all on it than piss off a customer who pre-ordered and run the risk of losing that customer

madmackem

Loads in uk, every store that sells games has stock in my area and even prime has them in stock for two hour delv, I don't think it will do all that well here past the core Nintendo buyers.

ponziacs

Banned
This guy has quite a few for sale.

00m0m_fX0v6igYtIa_1200x900.jpg

janoDX

In Chile... There's only gray Switches. The Neon version sold out here but they couldn't sell the entire stock.

But the WiiU version of Zelda Breath of the Wild is crazy hard to get in here, only pre-orders.

Here in South Africa, I think it is being sold by just one or two online retailers. The main one, Takealot, has ~1800 in stock, roughly 2:1 on grey:neon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom