• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Gothos

What's the deal with transmutate weapons/armor? I am level 31 now, found one transmuatete weapon on lvl ~20 AFAIK and sold it. Now I found such armor - should I keep it? What to do with it?

Zafir

Yeah I finished the game at level 70/71 on Normal.

I didn't have the Strength arcana up either, so I just had Personas from around that level.

I didn't really have any problems with the final boss at all, it felt easier than 3/4. With that in mind, I really wouldn't worry about grinding. It's pretty unnecessary.

cheesekao

What's the deal with transmutate weapons/armor? I am level 31 now, found one transmuatete weapon on lvl ~20 AFAIK and sold it. Now I found such armor - should I keep it? What to do with it?
Keep it as you may have a use for them when you get the electric chair. They don't sell for much anyway.

Vanadium

Why do so many people hate Palace 5?

It may be one of the biggest SP drains of the game and it tends to drag from I remember with all the waves and resistant shadows.
Having Hifume to swap out characters mid battle and some SP jewelry from Tae
make this one easier.

Murkas

Wasn't sure whether to ask here or the Confidant thread but regarding the Sun arcana,
where the fuck has he gone? I just finished the fourth palace on I think end of July/beginning of August and I just realised he hasn't been showing up in weeks. Have I missed some sort of deadline or something? I visit him all the time and he's on rank 5 I think but now he never calls or appears on the map screen :(.

gun_haver

I enjoyed Palace 4 quite a bit. First one I can really say that about - the first one was novel, the next two were fine I guess, but I liked the design, layout, music and theme of Palace 4. Best Phantom Thieves job since the first one, too.

Zolo

Wasn't sure whether to ask here or the Confidant thread but regarding the Sun arcana,
where the fuck has he gone? I just finished the fourth palace on I think end of July/beginning of August and I just realised he hasn't been showing up in weeks. Have I missed some sort of deadline or something? I visit him all the time and he's on rank 5 I think but now he never calls or appears on the map screen :(.

Yeah. He seems to disappear for a bit. That said, he seems to not show up that often in general, so just keep an eye out.

mike6467

Just reloaded a save that cost me 10 minutes in palace 5 because
I gave too much breathing room to a group of Lilam's who drained probably 25% of my SP after fucking up my accuracy. Beat them only to have the WARNING MORE LILAMS dialog show up, lost roughly 400SP on my main party within 2 minutes :|

gun_haver

He's been messaging me every other day in August. Got like 4 ranks up with him in about two weeks.

I think it's almost over.

Endgame:

Pretty sure this is the last dungeon here, the bottom of Momentos. Everything is signaling that. Despite knowing this, I'm still wishing that it wasn't true, and that I could continue playing after I finish this place.

I have to go to sleep, but I'll be done with it soon, and I'm kinda sad about that.

Guess I'd better start considering how to go about my NG+ run... AFTER Cosmic Star Heroine and Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

Zafir

I'm on my second playthrough, and I feel like some Social Links may have internal date limits. Where the next level up won't appear until X day. Sun has been one of them, along side hanged man. I'll level them up, and then I'll have to wait a week+ before they'll contact me or appear again. Coincidentally, they both seem to text on the same day when they're ready to see me again...

I didn't notice it on my first playthrough since I was focusing on building social stats a lot more, and so I didn't have all of this downtime.

nOoblet16

I think it's almost over.

Endgame:

Pretty sure this is the last dungeon here, the bottom of Momentos. Everything is signaling that. Despite knowing this, I'm still wishing that it wasn't true, and that I could continue playing after I finish this place.

I have to go to sleep, but I'll be done with it soon, and I'm kinda sad about that.

Guess I'd better start considering how to go about my NG+ run... AFTER Cosmic Star Heroine and Trails in the Sky the 3rd.
How far are you in there ?

Kazzy

I get that but I am saying the random invites and dual dates WHEN they have a rank up waiting.

It often feels like I rank them up and I still have to bond with them further in order to level them up despite having put 3 notes into them before ranking them up.

I don't know exactly how it works in P5 (but I assume it's the same), but in P4, the only time you're really 'wasting' time spent with people, is when you hang out with them during a holiday, or a situation which basically is outside the normal routine. So, essentially, you'd get a generic 'you spent with with (x)' scene, and it'd only add to your current score, not initiate a 'rank up' scene.

That said, the only time I had this was with Ryuji, who I met in the arcade, but we still went to the school to train. I didn't rank up, but can't really say for sure whether this was just a point thing.

That's actually one thing I appreciate about P5, is that you can hold messages and calls, whereas P4 presented you with a decision that you had to make at the very beginning of a day, so you never had the chance to actually plan out your day.

Got Yoshitsune, Mada, Mother Harlot, Attis, Kohryu, Alice and Chi You. Time for the final boss...not that I need any of them outside Yoshitsune lol. Mother Harlot got debilitate though.

Really wanted Beelzebub but couldn't max Devil before the deadline. Got to rank 9. :[

Murkas

Yeah. He seems to disappear for a bit. That said, he seems to not show up that often in general, so just keep an eye out.

He's been messaging me every other day in August. Got like 4 ranks up with him in about two weeks.

I'm on my second playthrough, and I feel like some Social Links may have internal date limits. Where the next level up won't appear until X day. Sun has been one of them, along side hanged man. I'll level them up, and then I'll have to wait a week+ before they'll contact me or appear again. Coincidentally, they both seem to text on the same day when they're ready to see me again...

I didn't notice it on my first playthrough since I was focusing on building social stats a lot more, and so I didn't have all of this downtime.

Ah ok that's good to hear. Although it kinda looks like that Sun is one of those social links that
ranks up
every time you see them which is always nice.

Is anyone's OG PS3 shutting down while playing? I thought my Ps3 was dying but this is the only game causing it to overheat and shutdown. I was playing two other games before loading up Persona 5

Ultimadrago

Without going into spoilers, are there any confidants or anything that have abrupt cutoff points?

Yes, some will have certain events that will force action upon the player before moving on. (I'm not sure if that answers the question!)

Edit: Posters below answered it correctly, it seems!

Without going into spoilers, are there any confidants or anything that have abrupt cutoff points?

Technically the answer is a spoiler for people who don't want to know anything at all about the confidants, but no story spoilers or confidant identity spoilers below.

At least one of them warns you ahead of time that there's a date past which you will not be able to access that confidant. I don't know if that's a soft cutoff or not, though (as in, I don't know if they return later in the game or not), because once I heard that I prioritized them and finished before the deadline.

Wubbys

Can anyonr help me? im looking for sadayo but i waited a few weeks after the maid thing, im 6/15 now did I miss her for good? Also if not where is she?

nOoblet16

God platinum in this game is such a time sink. I can probably continue to play NG+ and finish it as I am still enjoying running through the game 2nd time around. The "complete the compendium" trophy is what I dread the most.

I don't really have any other single player games to play except maybe Persona 4 which I never played past 2-3 hours. But it's on Vita and I don't really like the idea of spending 70-80 hours on a vita. So basically if I don't play Persona 4/5 I'll end up going back to playing multiplayer games.

Anyways I hope Atlus works on Persona 6 instead of a Persona 5 re-release.

Ulong

I'm determined to fuse a certain level 73 persona before doing new game plus, so judging by people's average levels here I'm looking at little bit of extra grinding to go through.

Neoweee

I think his progress is severely date-gated, which is fine. I think past Rank 5 or something he will text you pretty much 100% of the time he is available.

nOoblet16

I'm determined to fuse a certain level 73 persona before doing new game plus, so judging by people's average levels here I'm looking at little bit of extra grinding to go through.
I suggest you fuse some of those ultimate Personas for the following reasons:

1) They are powerful..Duh
2) You won't be able to fuse them in NG+ until much later as they require max confidant and the money requirement when fusing level 80-90 Persona at your level will be much lower than what it would be when you are level 20.
3) The best personas like Lucifer and Yoshitsune require fusing multiple ultimate Personas, which means even more time and money requirement if you don't do it right now.

Bladenic

So is Ann American or Japanese who lived abroad or born in America or am I just thinking too hard and it doesn't matter?

Chaos17

Taking a break, I've the feeling that the devs are vicious people who calculated that I've to spend 100 hours with this game on purpose =_='

wicko

Are there special cases where a hold-up won't occur? I hit 2 enemies with their weakness, then killed the rest of the enemies before the 2 got back up. Yet it didn't trigger hold-up, they both got up and killed my entire team except Joker in 1 turn from full HP. I just reloaded a save at that point because fuck that. The enemy team had not had a turn before that (it was an ambush).

cheesekao

Are there special cases where a hold-up won't occur? I hit 2 enemies with their weakness, then killed the rest of the enemies before the 2 got back up. Yet it didn't trigger hold-up, they both got up and killed my entire team except Joker in 1 turn from full HP. I just reloaded a save at that point because fuck that. The enemy team had not had a turn before that (it was an ambush).
>There are 3 enemies
>Knock down Enemy A
>Knock down Enemy B
>Kill Enemy C without hitting their weakness or getting a critical strike

Hold up will not occur when the above happens because technically speaking, you need to knock all enemies down AND have a 1 more to trigger a hold up.

nOoblet16

So is Ann American or Japanese who lived abroad or born in America or am I just thinking too hard and it doesn't matter?
She lived in America for a while which is why she can speak English. And she is quarter American and 3/4th Japanese, which is suppose to be the explanation for why she has blonde hair and blue eyes..lol. Cause somehow in her case the 1/4 recessive genes ended up coming on top of the 3/4 dominant genes.

I don't know why I'm not getting Kawakami in the options for Hawaii date considering I picked her romance option.

I'm also getting Makoto, Ann & Hifumi despite being nowhere near high enough to romance Makoto/Hifumi yet...

I feel like I've been... robbed? Phantom Bugs stole my Kawakami Hawaii date
Yes, I also picked Ann's romance option — on the first play through I always pick all the options s i can have saves and see all the scenes later.

Jintor

She lived in America for a while which is why she can speak English. And she is quarter American and 3/4th Japanese, which is suppose to be the explanation for why she has blonde hair and blue eyes..lol. Cause somehow in her case the 1/4 recessive genes ended up coming on top of the 3/4 dominant genes.

must be
cognitive pscience

Lol nothing worse getting Joker knocked down and one blink later... you're dead.

On Merciless it can be even worse (you might say...Merciless), since you just skip the first step, as almost all weakness hits and crits are instant KOs. (And it seems like Lucky Punch crits much more often when the enemies use it...)

Definitely unforgiving at times.

wicko

>There are 3 enemies
>Knock down Enemy A
>Knock down Enemy B
>Kill Enemy C without hitting their weakness or getting critical strike

Hold up will not occur when the above happens.

Really? Ok, thanks. That's kinda dumb IMO, but I guess now I know.

Top Bottom