• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Realtalk: Monster Party is legitimately his best review.

"Issat pants? Issat a pair of starched pants strollin' around like J. Edgar Hoover on a Tuesday afternoon? No, I'm done. I'm DONE! THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE END OF ME!"

Jawmuncher

He needs to either do 1 a month or tell us he's slowing down but make up for it by doing longer reviews like we saw with banjo and Starfox.

He's losing subscribers so fast it isn't even funny.

I like his fast paced humor.
Really keeps the jokes snappy and doesn't linger too long.
Shame he hasn't released many videos lately.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Glad someone bumped this thread. I posted that in the Grumps thread because I didn't know where this one was. I forgot it existed. Can't wait for him to return. I needs me some JonTron.

NotLiquid

Been hearing that, allegedly, one of the reasons he's been taking so long is because he's been building a bit of a "backlog" for his episodes so he can have a bit more of a standard output while working on new ones.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Glad someone bumped this thread. I posted that in the Grumps thread because I didn't know where this one was. I forgot it existed. Can't wait for him to return. I needs me some JonTron.

Yeah this topic never got popular for some reason. GAF never really paid attention to him before Game Grumps.

Neiteio

I freaking adore this guy. I have like half of my office quoting him now, lol.

I really hope he's coming back. I never watched his Game Grumps stuff, but he's a comic genius when he's solo.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I honestly haven't given him much of a look but from the things I have seen I don't really like him.

It doesn't help that watching his Nuts & Bolts video really put a sour taste in my mouth. Se spread some serious misinformation and based off of the video I'm pretty certain he didn't play much beyond 30 minutes of the game before making this huge vitrioloic video about why he hates it.

fallagin

I love jontrons style of humor, cant wait till the new dos are out.

I was kind of scared when I was watching the state of affairs video thinking that he was gonna say 'cancer'. Its all good now though.

Guy is talented, but too many of his videos ripoff Mr. Plinkett from redlettermedia. I'm sure that's an influence, but on some of his videos it's almost like he's directly copying the voice/style/and humor of Plinkett..

Astarte

Guy is talented, but too many of his videos ripoff Mr. Plinkett from redlettermedia. I'm sure that's an influence, but on some of his videos it's almost like he's directly copying the voice/style/and humor of Plinkett..

Plinkett's humor is really infectious, I'm sure Jon took notes on how he delivers deadpan humor. It's either that or coincidence.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Stairfax Temperatures is one of my absolute favorites as well as Banjo. Coincidentally both have him singing. The song he sings in Stairfax is awesome.

Jon is much better in his own content than he was on Grumps. Looking forward to new stuff.

Both Nightshade and Space Ace were fun. And of course...

"What the fuck is a Sonic."

Gold.

Neiteio

I've only really watched Jon's solo content, but what I love about his sense of humor is it's smart and spontaneous... without ever being cynical or mean-spirited, a crutch too many comics fall back on. He's just sincere, good-natured fun, like an old friend. Warm, personable, and absurd for absurdity's sake -- makes me happy. :) Also, his videos exploring iffy games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era are fun and nostalgic without me having played the games!

Stairfax Temperatures is one of my absolute favorites as well as Banjo. Coincidentally both have him singing. The song he sings in Stairfax is awesome.

The Bafomdad bit literally had me in tears the first time I saw it. I don't know why, but Jon's style of humour really strikes a chord with me, especially his nonsensical similies:

"This guy climbs like friggin' Beach Boys on a hot summer Sunday."

"Is that a pair of starched white pants strollin' around like J. Edgar Hoover on a Tuesday afternoon?"

"Here I am, a whole year later, still trucking along like a sack of potatoes on a long open road, wishing he'd stopped for gas at the last rest stop, and then on the Interstate 12, he gets hijacked and murdered by a bunch of Quaker ghosts!"

"I mean, what if after Super Mario World Nintendo came out with a teaser trailer for Super Mario 64, but upon release day, you were greeted with MARIO CITY SIMULATOR?! AND THEN YOU TURNED ON THE GAME SHIGERU MIYAMOTO'S GHOST COMES OUT AND HE'S ALL LIKE "AW FUCKIN WHO LIKES THE OLD MARIO GAMES AMIRITE? BRB, MAKIN LEGEND OF ZELDA MODERN WARFARE!!!""

"You ever see a train coming, and the turn your head and see a couple having a picnic on the tracks? And they're juuuuuuust out of earshot? And they're blind? And deaf? And can't feel the rumbling? Yeah. It's a bit like that."

Neiteio

The Bafomdad bit literally had me in tears the first time I saw it. I don't know why, but Jon's style of humour really strikes a chord with me, especially his nonsensical similies:

"This guy climbs like friggin' Beach Boys on a hot summer Sunday."

"Is that a pair of starched white pants strollin' around like J. Edgar Hoover on a Tuesday afternoon?"

"Here I am, a whole year later, still trucking along like a sack of potatoes on a long open road, wishing he'd stopped for gas at the last rest stop, and then on the Interstate 12, he gets hijacked and murdered by a bunch of Quaker ghosts!"

"I mean, what if after Super Mario World Nintendo came out with a teaser trailer for Super Mario 64, but upon release day, you were greeted with MARIO CITY SIMULATOR?! AND THEN YOU TURNED ON THE GAME SHIGERU MIYAMOTO'S GHOST COMES OUT AND HE'S ALL LIKE "AW FUCKIN WHO LIKES THE OLD MARIO GAMES AMIRITE? BRB, MAKIN LEGEND OF ZELDA MODERN WARFARE!!!""

"You ever see a train coming, and the turn your head and see a couple having a picnic on the tracks? And they're juuuuuuust out of earshot? And they're blind? And deaf? And can't feel the rumbling? Yeah. It's a bit like that."
I'm in tears just reading these quotes. XD

I like the bit in Nightshade where he goes, "Look at that cop! Look at that old-timey cop! Just tap-dancing, tap-dancing around, happier than a mongoose on Snake Saturday."

I just rewatched the Stairfax Temperature and Nuts 'n Bolts episodes. His recap of Rare's history in the latter was brilliant.

The Counterstrike episode is still on of my favorites.
I just wish he had played some Hostage rescue.

"Lesson #2 in CS:GO if they kick you well you kick 'em right back... and you click find another server."

"Eye to eye, that was a song from Goof Troop"
*dies*
"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KILLED ME WHILE I WAS TALKING ABOUT GOOF TROOP!"

"*DEAD* Jontron: HACKS"

Tripon

Is it just me, or is this ep just so unfocused?

Sure, his videos always had that ADD quality to it, but damn, its turned up to 11 in the Hercules ep.

Yeah, I would bet he went a bit heavy since it's been a while. Even if it takes a while for the next JonTron, I think it was worth the wait.

Neiteio

This and the State of Affairs ep make me so hungry. Since he apparently lives in NYC now he's always hitting the streets grabbing a bite from some vendor. AND IT LOOKS GOOD.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

He sounds more like Nathan Lane.

Top Bottom