• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Covenant - The Prologue footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually one of the prevailing theories right now --

Oh, haven't looked at much discussion yet alone anything spoilery. But it'd be one way to involve her without needing Noomi, specifically.

It'd be lame if she was just in this prologue and had little to nothing else to do with the direct sequel. So she's either alive or has been... tampered with.

Moff

I hope David did some shit to her and she appears as some kind of fucked up thing in Covenant.

that's the one thing I don't want to happen :(
she should just sleep and be the main character again in the next movie

as one of the few people who liked prometheus, I enjoyed this prologue a lot

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think I'm only going to see this if it reviews well (won't get fooled again after Prometheus) and if it turns out those seriously silly plot spoilers that leaked a few months back don't turn out to be true.

ezekial45

Banned
Saw it a little earlier. I really liked it! They did say that Covenant would make people appreciate Prometheus a bit more, so I'm interested in seeing how that goes down.

Moff

Is david fucking dropping the bio weapon on the space jockeys in the prologue and the movie itself has a completely different plot on another planet? lmao

Is david fucking dropping the bio weapon on the space jockeys in the prologue and the movie itself has a completely different plot on another planet? lmao

Why would he be going to a different planet if he just bombed the fuck out of this one with an agent that breaks everything down to its individual DNA strands?

He's going to land. And plant some wheat.

Also, apparently, this will not be in the movie. Or rather, this scene won't. A version of it might be, or the information from this scene will be relayed somehow, but the scene itself isn't in the film, I guess.

that's the one thing I don't want to happen :(
she should just sleep and be the main character again in the next movie

Sounds boring! I mean this is a direct continuation and she's in the prologue. It'd be lame as fuck if they did something like that, though Ridley says there's going to be twelve more movies so who knows!

Dynomutt

David look like he about to do some damage
(Looked like he was going to drop those canisters)
. But wasn't he the bad guy in Prometheus did he reconcile with her?

Sephzilla

She the first queen alien duh

Z69BbUu.gif

Magwik

Banned
Why would he be going to a different planet if he just bombed the fuck out of this one with an agent that breaks everything down to its individual DNA strands?

Also, apparently, this will not be in the movie. Or rather, this scene won't. A version of it might be, or the information from this scene will be relayed somehow, but the scene itself isn't in the film, I guess.

Man I'm really confused as to what is and isn't in the movie

spookyfish

I at least hope they explain some why David is this way --

The "infecting" of Holloway was a direct order by Weyland -- that wasn't David acting alone. Plus, he actually asks Holloway's permission ("What would you be prepared to do to get the answers you came for?") before he does it.

Now he just seems psychopathic. Can an "artificial person" seek revenge?

Doesn't one of the trailers
show the "bombs" dropping? There's a shot of the aftermath, at least. I mean, we see images of the Engineers on the ground, and that's before the Covenant arrives.

Moff

if the movie takes place on the same planet I want to see some glorious space jockey civilization stuff, with at least 1 very old survivor space jockey

Busty

Banned
What the hell was that?!

She magically puts him back together again (did she even take his body with her?) then they kick around the alien ship and 'learn their ways' which, of course, is really easy because the hack writers have no intention of working around it.

Given how much footage Fox is putting online for this film I honestly cannot tell if they are confident in it or not. Just throwing up more random exposition and I can't tell if it's to distance the film from Prometheus or tie it into it.

The more they shit out there the worse it looks.

I think I'm only going to see this if it reviews well (won't get fooled again after Prometheus) and if it turns out those seriously silly plot spoilers that leaked a few months back don't turn out to be true.

This is where I am. Some of the people I work with are already suggesting that we should have a 'boozy work night out' watching this because they all assume it's going to be awful.

This could very well be him looking at Space Jesus City and seeing that it's already fucked.

David gets out the engineer ship and walks around. He sees a
Starbucks
and a single tear rolls down his cheek. He turns to the camera and a
Coldplay song
starts to play.

Man I'm really confused as to what is and isn't in the movie

From what I understand, all of the standalone clips that marketing has released are marketing only. They will not be in the movie. I'm hearing that applies to this clip as well.

if the movie takes place on the same planet I want to see some glorious space jockey civilization stuff, with at least 1 very old survivor space jockey

Using the trailers as a basis, it seems pretty unlikely you're going to get any of that.

David flew to their homeland, bombed the fuck out of them, landed, and started playing Mad Scientist. A ship full of colonists landed on the planet, and will end up discovering this fact far too late. That's essentially what this movie is, apparently.

Is this a prologue clip that appears in the movie itself or is this a bonus short?

Edit: Oh. That's kind of disappointing that you have to head to youtube to get some of the setup for the movie. Just...have it in the damn movie. Some shorts are clearly just extra tidbits but this seems strangely more legitimate than that.
From what I understand, all of the standalone clips that marketing has released are marketing only. They will not be in the movie. I'm hearing that applies to this clip as well.

David look like he about to do some damage
(Looked like he was going to drop those canisters)
. But wasn't he the bad guy in Prometheus did he reconcile with her?

Shaw by the end of that film doesnt know that he poisioned tom hardy wanna be boyfriend. I really really like this, i loved prometheus so its cool to get some bits about what happened to shaw and david afterward. The tech on the engineer homeworld looks awesome! The giant scorpion tail structure jutting out of the city to anchor ships is neat and very giger esq. all of those engineers Look like they are about to get gooped though so im guessing they wont really be in this movie. Which is kind of a shame as i thought they were cool in prometheus, hopefully we get xeno engineer.

HowZatOZ

Banned
It's going to be really weird if this new movie has no connection to this prologue. Why get them back for this if it doesn't get explained later what David's done?

Burt

I at least hope they explain some why David is this way --

The "infecting" of Holloway was a direct order by Weyland -- that wasn't David acting alone. Plus, he actually asks Holloway's permission ("What would you be prepared to do to get the answers you came for?") before he does it.

Now he just seems psychopathic. Can an "artificial person" seek revenge?

I would assume some justification along those lines. Or, if not exactly as 'revenge' for the events of Prometheus, some sort of preventative measure against the Engineers who were absolutely going to destroy all the life on our planet before the Prometheus base was overrun and would be just as likely as not to go for it again were we to reestablish contact.

Or maybe he just has shades of Ash in him and wants to make that thing that Ash admired so much in the first movie.

Correct, none of the pre-release stuff from Prometheus got cut into the film, either.

This clip really does play more like a deleted scene, though.
I really wonder how big the marketing budget for this movie was. I need to check the Wkd thread later and ask for numbers on the Alien series.

spookyfish

Nope. It looks like none of this is in the trailers. Yeah, I don't know -- it needs some sort of explanation.

Correct, none of the pre-release stuff from Prometheus got cut into the film, either.

This clip really does play more like a deleted scene, though.

Yeah, it does.

I really wonder how big the marketing budget for this movie was. I need to check the Wkd thread later and ask for numbers on the Alien series.

Way less than Prometheus, I'm sure.

Busty

Banned
David flew to their homeland, bombed the fuck out of them, landed, and started playing Mad Scientist. A ship full of colonists landed on the planet, and will end up discovering this fact far too late. That's essentially what this movie is, apparently.

jennifer-lawrence-yikes-GIF.gif

Moff

Using the trailers as a basis, it seems pretty unlikely you're going to get any of that.

well that's what I expected after the trailers, but this prologue gets me hyped, not gonna lie
if it's the same planet, wouldn't they find remains of the space jockey civilization? it doesn't play that much after prometheus after all, why would they land in deserted areas of a planet with remains like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom