• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erica Henderson and Ryan North's "Squirrel Girl" Wins Eisner Award

Aizo

Banned
a896a4c2bd156deb8df08897faba04a5.jpg
Best Publication for Teens goes to The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and Ryan North and Erica Henderson also get their second Eisners for the night.
Here are Erica Henderson and Ryan North, dressed for the awards.

See the other winners here: click me.

SRG01

Squirrel Girl is the one series that has gone up in quality as it has progressed. It's charming, funny, and manages to do fresh things with every issue.

Wanderer5

Yes, totally deserves recognition.<3 One of my personal favorite series, with it being so highly entertaining and charming, and holding up very well.

Congrats to both Ryan North and Erica Henderson for winning two awards also.

I've always wanted to read these comics but I've never gotten around to it. Im just not a comic reader. I love the art and some of the panels I've seen posted online.

Hellers

Well deserved. My fave comic in years. Witty, funny, very, very well written and with bags of heart.

Their current trip to the Savage Land was not how I was expecting it to go :)

Do they give out reasoning for why this deserves the award? Over something like Ms Marvel? I haven't read the series but want to.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good for them. I just got into Squirrel Girl last week after the casting news. I like all the little notes and comments at the bottom of the pages.

I would be down for a series where Galactus and Squirrel Girl go on adventures.

Or like, Galactus is the narrator and shows up at the end of each comic.

Wolfe

I won't lie, I had a nice laugh when I got to the final panel of the page posted in OP.

"HAH HAH, NICE, WHAT A TOOL"... ay lmao

Dalek

Absolutely well deserved. The book is an absolute treasure and it's because of them. Just sticking SG in a book doesn't work- look at USAvengers. But it's their charm and wit that makes the book the best. And I still say Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe is the best single book Marvel has put out in years.

Well deserved. My fave comic in years. Witty, funny, very, very well written and with bags of heart.

Their current trip to the Savage Land was not how I was expecting it to go :)

On the other hand-it's the most realistic portrayal of what the Savage Land would really be like if it existed. Of course there would be a resort there!

Good for them. Personally not a fan of North's writing style butvI happy for those who enjoy it! Honestly though, the art's fine for what it is.

Do they give out reasoning for why this deserves the award? Over something like Ms Marvel? I haven't read the series but want to.
Yeah, I'm loving Ms. Marvel, it's the only Marvel comic I'm subbed too. Pretty socially conscious book.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
These pages are hilarious I must read this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
amazing book, but I hate the art. I'm sorry, but I do. I don't want to start anything, but its just how I feel. That it doesnt make me enjoy it any less is a testament to the writing I guess.

Nice!
The book's brand of humor started to get old for me after a couple of issues so I dropped it but I'm glad they won simply because I just don't get all the complaints about the art. It's an absolutely perfect fit for what this book is trying to be.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've never heard of this seriess before.

Every single snippet posted in this thread is fucking hilarious.

Be amazing if she deus ex machinas thanos at the end of IW and the world just sits there with its mouth open as squirrels take him down out of nowhere.

Do it Feige.

Dalek

Be amazing if she deus ex machinas thanos at the end of IW and the world just sits there with its mouth open as squirrels take him down out of nowhere.

Do it Feige.

Won't happen. She's been relegated to Marvel Television. Which to Fiege might as well be the Negative Zone.

Zubz

Banned
It's absolutely the best pick. I don't know how this series gets hate. The dialogue's witty & the art's good, goofy fun.

Top Bottom