• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/10 - 11/16

Spiegel

Captain Smoker said:
Why does this matter? They publish these games, Wario Land isn't developed by a internal team too, is this game now bad because of this?

Like I said it was just for curiosity.

Zelda:TP
Wario Ware
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Kart Wii
Link's Crossbow Training with Wii Zapper
Captain Rainbow
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Wii Music
General Knowledge Training TV
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Wii Fit
Wii Sports
Wii Play

And because of this, I agree with what sphinx has said.

Only if we get the same lists for Sony and MS...

Do it

Link

The Autumn Wind
The third party drought is really starting to affect Wii sales. It's going to be a rough holiday for Nintendo.

BishopLamont said:
I'm assuming that's some kind of musou spinoff, but whats so funny? Are the sales bad or good here.
Its one of those adult visual novel from PC ported to PS2 without the adult stuff I guess. There's also an anime and a manga. Its not Koei's Musou but its based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Its one of those adult visual novel from PC ported to PS2 without the adult stuff I guess. There's also an anime and a manga. Its not Koei's Musou but its based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel.
Damn it's time like these I wish I knew Japanese. :(

Spiegel said:
Like I said it was just for curiosity.

And because of this, I agree with what sphinx has said.
And why should I ignore the other games :-?

I can't play them now, right?
They are bad because of this, right?

And you've edited your post @ "Like I said".

Spiegel

Captain Smoker said:
And why should I ignore the other games :-?

I can't play them now, right?
They are bad because of this, right?

And you've edited your post @ "Like I said".

The games aren't bad (usually) but you can see the focus of the company better with the games internally developed by Nintendo

And I edited before you posted. So yeah, like i said after the edit :p

I think Wii Music and to an extent AC failing to catch on early, has a bigger impact on Wii sales more then a lack of third party titles does. If not Wii sales would have diminished a long time ago. It still hurts though that not even one third party can cough up a decent title for this holiday.

Spiegel said:
The games aren't bad (usually) but you can see the focus of the company better with the games internally developed by Nintendo

And I edited before you posted. So yeah, like i said after the edit :p
Nintendo still needs to invest money, they could publish more "Brain Training" - Games, but they publish > 15 other games. :)

And it should be clear that Nintendo hasn't infinite internal resources, outsourcing is normal.

d+pad

Link said:
It's going to be a rough holiday for Nintendo.

I'm curious as to why people keep saying this. Yes, they're probably going to sell less hardware (and software) than last year, but I don't think they're going to be hurting - especially given the assured high software and hardware sales in Europe and in NA.

Not to mention, Nintendo's "poor" sales still wil be better than those of Sony and MS...

d+pad

BishopLamont said:
I think Wii Music and to an extent AC failing to catch on early...

Wait, so some folks here are considering AC Wii's first-week sales bad? I'll give you that the game didn't seem to help hardware much, but I have a hard time seeing 300k+ sales bad for this game and this series.

d+pad said:
Wait, so some folks here are considering AC Wii's first-week sales bad? I'll give you that the game didn't seem to help hardware much, but I have a hard time seeing 300k+ sales bad for this game and this series.
It's not bad, just failing to drive much hardware sales.

Link

The Autumn Wind
d+pad said:
I'm curious as to why people keep saying this. Yes, they're probably going to sell less hardware (and software) than last year, but I don't think they're going to be hurting - especially given the assured high software and hardware sales in Europe and in NA.

Not to mention, Nintendo's "poor" sales still wil be better than those of Sony and MS...
I think it's going to be the start of a major turning point. (In Japan, anyway.)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
d+pad said:

I'm just talking about Japan only.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Whoo boy look at dat.
Damn Liu Bei has some perky titties. No wait that's Guan Yu...well Liu Bei has some perky titties as well.

Now which one is Huang Zhong?

icecream said:
That shouldn't surprise you at all, the PC version sold like hotcakes too.

Only if you're interested in a total revision of the story with the main heroes as pretty females. :p
That's the only reason I want it now. :lol

Wait wut? but you said pretty females! I had to google to find out what you really meant (capped, aussie internet connections). :(

schuelma

Link said:
I think it's going to be the start of a major turning point. (In Japan, anyway.)

Why would you think that?

I actually think 2009 could be a turning point for the better, at least as core gamer adoption goes.

icecream

Public Health Threat
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Now which one is Huang Zhong?

2w35408.jpg

icecream said:

That's what I figured. Huang Zhong was a pretty old guy in the novel and she definitely looks at least 25.

Plus she has a bow.

I'm guessing Liu Bei is one of the toddlers. Dude is constantly on the verge of tears so I'm leaning towards the one who definitely looks like she's about to cry.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Gaborn said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol ok, we can see Nintendo's sales are down, what could possibly make you think that... :lol :lol :lol
The HD consoles are getting cheaper, and there's been no kind of shift in support from the bigger third parties (with a couple of exceptions).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
d+pad said:

I think some people were expecting more than 500K first week...

schuelma

Link said:
The HD consoles are getting cheaper, and there's been no kind of shift in support from the bigger third parties (with a couple of exceptions).

360 is selling better, but PS3 is actually selling worse.

Most of the major HD franchises have already come out.

And Wii has 3 big 3rd party games for 2009 already- Tales, Samurai Warriors 3, and of course Monster Hunter 3. Those should be bigger than any 3rd party game released yet, with the possible exception of DQ:Swords.

I'd also add that if 3rd parties don't shift to the Wii, they are far more likely to go handheld than HD.

Gaborn

schuelma said:
360 is selling better, but PS3 is actually selling worse.

Most of the major HD franchises have already come out.

And Wii has 3 big 3rd party games for 2009 already- Tales, Samurai Warriors 3, and of course Monster Hunter 3. Those should be bigger than any 3rd party game released yet, with the possible exception of DQ:Swords.

I'd also add that if 3rd parties don't shift to the Wii, they are far more likely to go handheld than HD.

Yep. He could almost make this argument in the US (if he completely ignored NPD sales month to month) but the truth is in Japan studios ARE shifting more and more quality development onto the Wii

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tales as a power franchise's days are long since past. Namco overused the brand and I don't see it moving systems, especially with a Tales game already out for the Wii. Samurai Warriors 3 is a tossup. There's a ton of these on the market as well. It's not like consumers can't get a similar (and probably better) experience elsewhere. It could sell ok. I'm thinking around 100k. MH3 will be big, yes. That's one of the exceptions. Of course, we've known about it forever now, so it's nothing new.

Gaborn

Link said:
Tales as a power franchise's days are long since past. Namco overused the brand and I don't see it moving systems, especially with a Tales game already out for the Wii. Samurai Warriors 3 is a tossup. There's a ton of these on the market as well. It's not like consumers can't get a similar (and probably better) experience elsewhere. It could sell ok. I'm thinking around 100k. MH3 will be big, yes. That's one of the exceptions. Of course, we've known about it forever now, so it's nothing new.

That's only half the argument though. Let's say Wii sales have basically normalized around 35k, well, PS3/360 sales have basically normalized around 15-17k. Why should the Wii's sales go down, or ultimately the PS3's/360's sales go UP to tha level? (not that I agree with your conclusions but lets hear the other half of your position)

[Nintex]

Link said:
Nintendo won't sit idle for another year and they start next year with S-E's FFCC: Echoes of Time.

schuelma

Link said:

1- Obviously Tales has lost some of its luster, but a mainline game should still do pretty well. If ToS:KoR can do over 200K I imagine a "real' entry can do well.

2- Samurai Warriors..It might not do as well as the PS2 games, but they did about 1M and 550K respectively..I really really doubt it falls to 100K :lol :lol

3- And no, Monster Hunter isn't new..but it's certainly going to be huge and the best shot yet at capturing the PS2/DS/PSP audience.

schuelma

[Nintex] said:
Nintendo won't sit idle for another year and they start next year with S-E's FFCC: Echoes of Time.

Echoes of Time is going to sell like complete shit on the Wii. There is literally no reason to buy it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Gaborn said:
That's only have the argument though. Let's say Wii sales have basically normalized around 35k, well, PS3/360 sales have basically normalized around 15-17k. Why should the Wii's sales go down, or ultimately the PS3's/360's sales go UP to tha level? (not that I agree with your conclusions but lets hear the other half of your position)
As I said, third parties continue to put their biggest and best games on the HD consoles. That along with price cuts will close the gap in sales, I think.

[Nintex] said:
Haha, right....

schuelma

Link said:
As I said, third parties continue to put their biggest and best games on the HD consoles. That along with price cuts will close the gap in sales, I think.

Err...why do you think 3rd parties still are? What huge 3rd party Japan-centric games have been announced for HD consoles lately?

If you want to argue that the Wii is going to start falling because of handhelds then that might be a bit more reasonable, but as far as HD goes I see no evidence it's going to make a comeback.

Weisheit

Spiegel said:

Here's Sony:

NBA 07
NBA 08
NBA '09: The Inside
MLB 07: The Show
MLB 08: The Show
Hot Shots Golf 5
Gran Turismo HD Concept (Japan Only)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
MotorStorm
MotorStorm 2
Formula One Championship Edition
Warhawk
SingStar
SingStar Vol 2
SingStar Vol 3 Party Edition
The Eye of Judgment
My Summer Vacation 3?
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

:lol Pretty impressive, huh?

Now lets amend what sphinx said,

sphinx said:
sony is a very stubborn company, over the years I have noticed they aren't able to try different paths.

it's "we go for the racing fans" and "we go for the yearly sports game rehashes" and not try anything new at all.

Linkup

schuelma said:
1- Obviously Tales has lost some of its luster, but a mainline game should still do pretty well. If ToS:KoR can do over 200K I imagine a "real' entry can do well.

I don't think the 200k that picked up ToS KoR could tell if it was a mainline game or not, even then they probably didn't care either way. I don't expect sales to improve much unless the marketing follows.

Tideas

Banned
Weisheit said:
Here's Sony:

NBA 07
NBA 08
NBA '09: The Inside
MLB 07: The Show
MLB 08: The Show
Hot Shots Golf 5
Gran Turismo HD Concept (Japan Only)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
MotorStorm
MotorStorm 2
Formula One Championship Edition
Warhawk
SingStar
SingStar Vol 2
SingStar Vol 3 Party Edition
The Eye of Judgment
My Summer Vacation 3?
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

:lol Pretty impressive, huh?

Now lets amend what sphinx said,

You left out God of War II

swerve

Yeah, it's over for Wii in Japan. In December I'm only buying Klonoa next week, then DK:Jungle Beat and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and then only Karaoke Joysound and Let's Tap the week after that. Sucks to be a Wii owner in Japan. I guess I could also pick up Pikmin and Fragile and FF:Echoes of time to get me through January.

Top Bottom