• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Also fuck them for destroying the Ace Attorney series. We fans will not be silenced! There are dozens of us!

I am glad they brought over Ghost Trick though.

First killing Clover, then Castlevania Judgement, then RE5, then the ZX Advent cliffhanger, then abandoning Ace Attorney, and NOW this? Screw you capcom!

I don't know who I should be angrier at presently, Nintendo or Capcom. Ignore the fans or blame the fans.

On a completely unrelated side-note, my PS3 just failed.

Fuck this generation :(

GDGF said:
Well here is the PR number to call in Japan if you're pissed:

Public Relations & Investor Relations Section
Phone Number : +81-6-6920-3623
*Business hours : Mon-Fri 9:00-12:00, 13:00-17:30

Here is the one for America...

(650) 350-6500

And Europe:

0800 587 6638

Now release some fucking anger.
tdYeT.jpg

angelfly

Etrian Oddity said:
First killing Clover, then Castlevania Judgement, then RE5, then the ZX Advent cliffhanger, then abandoning Ace Attorney, and NOW this? Screw you capcom!
Pretty much. I look forward to picking up Revelations on day 2 used if at all.

I'm simply shocked. For a while there, I thought Capcom was really making a name for themselves as being close to their fanbase. I mean reviving SF, Mega Man 9, going through the impossible to bring TvC to the US and then actually making MvC3.

But wow, this is just awful. They've gone right back to the crapper. I could totally understand if they cancelled it AFTER the demo and it was poorly received and/or sold poorly. But wow @ at that twitter. You know, I really can't blame Inafune for leaving Capcom now, he probably just got fed up with this BS and just couldn't fight them anymore.

I'm still buying UMvC3 (With characters like Phoenix Wright and just loving Marvel characters in general, I can't resist) and maybe if they go through some of the PSP Remasters and classic game releases, yeah I'll probably drop some money down. Anything else is completely off the table.

DominoKid

Maybe I'm always looking for the shady side of things, but I still think Capcom is going to make it. Their statement just seems like something to really rile up the fanbase so they can comeback with some "due to fan demand blah blah blah" crap.

Still pretty hilarious of them to do it though.

Wow, Capcom........

Not enough fan interest? @______________________________________________@

Gotta jump through those hoops people and pass those tests. Every bad outcome is always out fault, never forget that.

Jaxter09

What did they expect, its a sequel to a 11-year old modestly-popular RPG; from a franchise that never sold in blockbuster numbers in the west. Capcom are delusional to expect massive mainstream appeal. How can they even claim there is no interest when the demo hasn't even been released?

Hey guys, we better make sure we get one million friends each to give positive feedback on the official website of every single game we're interested in, or how will all of those companies know there's actually interest in their games?!?

Oh wait.

I'm willing to believe that was said by accident. Surely capcom wouldn't blame fans. I mean the same people that drove all that positive vibes behind the game are the same ones whom killed it? No this is a mess at best.

Alex

Wasn't a big part of this production even existing because the cult fanbase kept prodding for it? Seems like an odd thing to say.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Urban Scholar said:
I'm willing to believe that was said by accident. Surely capcom wouldn't blame fans. I mean the same people that drove all that positive vibes behind the game are the same ones whom killed it? No this is a mess at best.
I'm sure that any company wants to avoid bad publicity and such, however, when one of your employees makes a bold and brazen statement about why a game was canned, that's an entirely different thing. Even if it was in a passive way, the claim that the game died due to a lack of interest is seriously offensive. Maybe to us as fans it doesn't seem like we supported the game but to them, they didn't see a market big enough to make money. I understand that Capcom is a business. However, they should've just cancelled the game and stopped there. Even if their fans are demanding why the game was cancelled, there is no reason to state that the fans/consumers were the cause of it. They simply should've just not said anything at all.

Codeblue

So, I'm glad the monkey running that Twitter feed let the reason slip, but looking at the replies made since then he appears to be absolutely retarded. Screw them.

Jsunu

Banned
Urban Scholar said:

Wow but they keep respond to the fans in a very desrepectful way, almost attacking them in their twitter responses:

http://twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro

CapcomEuro Capcom Europe
@
@uncouthlover so did you get involved in the dev rooms for MML3?
40 minutes ago

CapcomEuro Capcom Europe
@
@JackPhoenix319 @kdawg3000 well yeah, that was the point of MML3.
44 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

daffy

Banned
Jsunu said:
Wow but they keep respond to the fans in a very desrepectful way, almost attacking them in their twitter responses:

http://twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro
Eh, they've probably been bombarded all day and are a little irritated. I think maybe its time to move on Megaman fans. Successful troll is successful :(

FTH said:
Eh, they've probably been bombarded all day and are a little irritated. I think maybe its time to move on Megaman fans. Successful troll is successful :(

Guess who else are a 'little irritated' at what happened the past couple days.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah sorry Capcom.. I wasn't going to get involved in your silly online PR games....*

I was just going to show up day one with cash.

*Come to think of it, I did vote on Megaman's costume.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Amazing turnaround Capcom.
You went from one of my most-respected third parties for close to thirty years and now you're my most-vilified.

Bravo

Same, and for me it doesn't even have to do with this title. Although the trolling here is bad.

I loved Capcom from their Disney titles on NES through the era when I owned a Dreamcast and Gamecube. But then I got a Wii with bullshit test games, rail shooters instead of RE4: Part II, Spyborgs garbage, horrible Dead Rising port attempt, no SFIV, etc

They can develop what and for which console they choose. But they're doing a good job of getting me not to buy their games, especially if there isn't going to be a MegaMan 11.

Jsunu

Banned
Wow backpeddling again by euro capcom:

CapcomEuro Capcom Europe
Apologies again. The original comment was in relation to the interaction in the Dev rooms NOT the fans who have been nothing but supportive

and the last couple of tweets made it seem like we were supposed to be 100% the dev team and are completely responsible for the game being cancelled irregardless of capcom's decision up the chain..

AND THEY STILL FUCKING BLAME THE DEV ROOMS WTFFF

Let's be honest here, the DEV rooms were just a marketing ploy to get people personally investing into the game. It is sorta like ARG in a sense. To go back and FUCKING BLAME your audience is just bad BAD PR and they should just shut the fuck up at this point.

Man now I am pissed. I loved Legends and this is how they treat the fans? By shitting on them.

Top Bottom