• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just hate choosing Random and Maka Wahu coming up. Its like a kick in the nuts. I feel like I am forced to cheat to even stand a chance there. Meh.

1816VR though. Aside from some nice competition in the earlier matches I usually ended up first. :p

only just got the game, and im loving it so far, but im just curious, should i not bother with the 50cc and 100cc modes and just jump straight to 150cc? i completed mario kart ds on all cc's on with gold cups but im just wondering if its worth it this time?

only just got the game, and im loving it so far, but im just curious, should i not bother with the 50cc and 100cc modes and just jump straight to 150cc? i completed mario kart ds on all cc's on with gold cups but im just wondering if its worth it this time?

I played through them to get more coins for unlocking parts (and for completeness' sake) but you won't miss anything by skipping over them.

Yeah, just start on 150cc. It'll help you make the transition to online play a little easier.

Mik2121

I don't have this game and don't really plan on buying it for myself (didn't the online on the Wii version). But my girlfriend loved it and I was thinking about buying it just so she can play it when she comes to visit me and I have to go to work... I sold the Wii so she can't play that one anymore :/

Does the game play like the Wii version? I'd guess yes, but still.. Also, she used to play it with the classic controller (didn't like the wheel) so that should be a problem on the 3DS right?

Does the game play like the Wii version? I'd guess yes, but still.. Also, she used to play it with the classic controller (didn't like the wheel) so that should be a problem on the 3DS right?

It plays like Mario Kart, so familiarity with Mario Kart Wii will definitely help with the basics. I think the physics and the design of MK7 are better than MKWii, but tastes differ and some disagree. There are no more bikes (though there is a three-tiered kart customization scheme), tricks from MKWii are more heavily emphasized, and the drifting mechanics are similar.

The control scheme is similar to the Classic Controller, but given the form factor of the 3DS her hands might get cramped after a while. You can use the Y button to accelerate, which helps somewhat.

clemenx

Banned
I'm one of those boring people that only used the bikes on MKWii and I don't miss them at all here if that helps. The driving is just too good.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Only just got this like 3 days ago, so as I'm playing through GP i 3 starred 50/100cc before moving on, got at least 1 star on every race on 150cc thinking "Yeah now I'll get that one star rating".... "YOU HAVE UNLOCKED MIRROR MODE!"

FUUUUUCK.

Totally forgot about mirror :(

Prinny

I had a hard time finishing the race, I was laughing too much :p

Edit: I regret saying that, I'm kinda scared of what you will do to me next game now.

Prinny

Well. that's probably the only way that I'll ever stop you at this rate :/

Edit: What in the world was going on there? Someone's having network issues
It was me? It said error connection after the race. But I was not returned to the main menu, I was in the community menu.

Prinny

Handling is terrible, I keep hitting every wall :(
And it take forever to accelerate.
And it's ways too big. Now I know why banana hit you all the time :p

Prinny

Next time please try high acceleration/handling. You'll see how much better it is.

Edit: Error? :(

Yay finally got 10 000 coins. Now I need 10k VR for the last part :(

D-Pad

I'm torturing myself playing this. I have fun, but falling from top three to bottom three at the last stretch in nearly every race is killing me.

Prinny

Open lobby with one player. [9:38 PM EST]

Edit: Disconnecting during the final lap of the 4th race was so nice..... But picking Waluigi Pinball was even more evil.

I'm starting to think there might be some kind of problem with the community tonight. I got 3 connections errors (two during races) with 3 differents people,
but I got none doing 15-20 WW races. Or the two that happened during race were rage quit.

Throw random green shell backward (Greg love those).

Love's not the first word that comes to mind :mad:

I don't know if you're reading this stuntman but that was the best worldwide group I've ever been in. You and I kept trying to join each other but we were just going in an endless loop LOL. The group we ended up with was incredible though :)

Gomu Gomu

Hum, get 10 coins, drift well, use the shortcut, etc...
Put banana in evil spot. Throw random green shell backward (Greg love those).

Awwww shit. All this time I thought these were useless
KuGsj.gif

Mik2121

So... I got the game. Gotta unlock all the stuff before my gf comes to visit me and plays it! :p

I just started, gotta do the first cup on 100cc and then just jump into 150cc and do all the cups. After that I'll try to play online a bit although I'll probably hate it :D. Gotta let you guys know so we can play together! :)

Mik2121

Uhm... I've checked the in-game instructions but couldn't find anything. When playing the tournament mode (dunno the name in English, sorry), right now I just have 1 out of 3 stars for the cups I've finished. What's the deal with that and how do I unlock the other 2 stars? By playing the same cup again?

Uhm... I've checked the in-game instructions but couldn't find anything. When playing the tournament mode (dunno the name in English, sorry), right now I just have 1 out of 3 stars for the cups I've finished. What's the deal with that and how do I unlock the other 2 stars? By playing the same cup again?

You can get up to three stars depending on how you play. Try and stay in first as long as you can, collect all the coins, make sure you take first in every race, don't fall in pits, don't get hit by items, etc.

A helpful soul posted the specifics of what determines the score at the end of each Cup before, but I can't find it.

Mik2121

Oh I see. Still the game is starting to get on my nerves (it usually takes more than 1 day). It's just certain instances where the whole game seems to be plotting against you that I just can't stand... :p

Oh well.. got 4 cups done with gold at 150cc, hopefully get most of it done by today or tomorrow, then I can just do time attacks and some online...

Oh I see. Still the game is starting to get on my nerves (it usually takes more than 1 day). It's just certain instances where the whole game seems to be plotting against you that I just can't stand... :p

Oh well.. got 4 cups done with gold at 150cc, hopefully get most of it done by today or tomorrow, then I can just do time attacks and some online...

Yeah, it's like previous Mario Karts, both the good and the bad. There are definitely moments of frustration.

Just wait until you get online. ;)

Prinny

I never seem to find anyone in the NeoGaf lobby. What's the best time of the day (European time) to connect usually?
There is usually some people at 7-10 PM EST, but I guess that must be the middle of the night in Europe :(
Edit: Yup, 1-4 AM CET.

Prinny

Please help us get rid of the ugly penguin that's currently in the first spot of the GAF community by coming and playing a lot to get more point than him!

Edit: Lobby with two players! Oh, nice, Maka Wuhu glitcher are the only one that come...

Edit2: Open lobby with 3 players! [9:11 PM EST]

I wonder if Matt is the same Matt from a long time ago. I think the Mii is different.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Come on jokn guys.... mk7 loves kicking me out in the middle of community games hahaha

Edit: well i sucked There haha
Edit 2: yah nothing working out for me
Edit 3: F you Prinny hahaha.freaking red shells missing too haha

Prinny

Open lobby with two people!

I know you can do it this time! You're gonna win the 4 races!

I didn't have time to see if you picked ? or this race.

Top Bottom