• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I want the lodge weapons, but I don't want to deal with the other stuff, which is weird cause I love the game and combat, but with the lodge stuff telling me how I should play and me finding it unfun I don't do them too much.

I murdered his ass, it's what he wanted.
Oh well try your best man and lower the difficulty if you need to
Btw you killed Nil you monster
How do I get ice arrows? None of my bows supports it I think...
You need a war bow man. Can't remember which version though

Dave_6

I've got all of the Shadow bows and one of them has ice arrows, think it's the War bow. It has ice, shock and corruption.

Chance

Hunters Bow: Normal, fire and hardpoint
War Bow: Ice, Lightning and Corruption
Sharpshot Bow: Normal (high dmg), Tearblast and Harvester

I still feel kinda' burnt we never got the explosive arrows they showed in the E3 demo, but Aloy's pretty powerful anyway lol

Shredderi

I just remembered an early npc character I ran into named "Nil". I think I was supposed to take on the first bandit camp with him but I accidentally cleared that without talking to him first and I have never seen the dude again. I've cleared maybe 3 more camps after that. Kinda bummed that I missed a whole questline :(

LiK

C7R0pzxV0AEtPbv.png

Source

Hunters Bow: Normal, fire and hardpoint
War Bow: Ice, Lightning and Corruption
Sharpshot Bow: Normal (high dmg), Tearblast and Harvester

I still feel kinda' burnt we never got the explosive arrows they showed in the E3 demo, but Aloy's pretty powerful anyway lol
Nah we got something better; blast slling. The bombs destroy everything especially when they're frozen
Edit: that's a nice picture lik

TsuWave

Jesus Christ! those Jimquisition threads...

lmao yeah. i couldn't even reply to the latest thread before getting hit with the "closed thread" thing.

jim makes a video about why horizon being successful is good and how its good for the industry and suddenly weird energy/replies ensues in the threads.

Silvard

Jesus Christ! those Jimquisition threads...

You know the salt is real when you have someone in a thread about a video they haven't watched (and refuse to) talking about a game they haven't played and they're emotionally invested in shitting it up as much as possible.

Paganmoon

You know the salt is real when you have someone in a thread about a video they haven't watched (and refuse to) talking about a game they haven't played and they're emotionally invested in shitting it up as much as possible.

pretty good hustle to shut down discussion and get a thread locked though.

slade

44 hrs. in with most side quests done, all Cauldrons and Tallnecks mapped and I am just about ready to get on with the main story. Then I remember I still have the Hunter's Lodge quests to do and I can't wait to get back to the game. This is the first open world where I've actually been immersed in the open world and I think it is all down to how polished Guerilla Games made the combat. Even running back and forth over long distances is not a chore because you always see something new. No other open world has ever held my attention as well as this one. The Witcher 3 came close but its main hook was the story and since I had never played the first 2 games I was not as invested.

Hopefully when I move on to Nier, it is as good as Horizon. At this point, it could be half as good and I would count myself lucky.

JonnyKong

Starting to get a bit bored of this game now as I get closer to the end :( I'm finding every combat scenario just a little too repetitive, there's barely any variety gameplay wise. I don't think I'm too far from the end so I'll finish off the main quest, but I certainly can't be bothered to mop up all the errands and side quests afterwards.

I think it's great that a new ip has done so well, and technically it's a marvel, but the game has just never really amazed me to be honest. I can't get over the fact it steals so many ideas from other open world games, it's a real stickler for me. I'm a tiny bit surprised to see it get so much praise in here. I would normally say it's because I'm turning into a miserable sod, but I loved Night In The Woods, Res Evil 7 and Zelda before playing this, so I know there's some joy left in me somewhere!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Starting to get a bit bored of this game now as I get closer to the end :( I'm finding every combat scenario just a little too repetitive, there's barely any variety gameplay wise. I don't think I'm too far from the end so I'll finish off the main quest, but I certainly can't be bothered to mop up all the errands and side quests afterwards.

I think it's great that a new ip has done so well, and technically it's a marvel, but the game has just never really amazed me to be honest. I can't get over the fact it steals so many ideas from other open world games, it's a real stickler for me. I'm a tiny bit surprised to see it get so much praise in here. I would normally say it's because I'm turning into a miserable sod, but I loved Night In The Woods, Res Evil 7 and Zelda before playing this, so I know there's some joy left in me somewhere!

Most games borrow tons of ideas from other games. For example Breath of the Wild doesn't really do anything new by itself but combines tons of ideas from other games together and does then amazingly well especially in conjunction. I find its much the same with Horizon. It gathers a lot of ideas from other games but combines them together incredibly well on top of its incredible presentation and in fact outdoes and outshines many of its predecessors and contemporaries. The fact that Horizon plays better than most any of its counterparts and even a lot of linear games is a testament that it didn't need to redo the wheel to make a great game.

Chance

You guys weren't kidding about the Jim threads..whew, the butthurt is real.

Anyways I just want to ride a ravager

Stalker
Thunderjaw
Stormbird

I'm kinda' sad that Stormbirds just fly in endless tight circles instead of roaming the world. I guess if they roamed it could screw up too many quests and hunts-for-fun though.

TsuWave

you can't get over it taking elements from other open world games? but you liked zelda so it can't really be that, its likely the execution just didn't click with you, maybe? also, maybe switching loadouts from time to time might freshen it up a bit?

Stalker
Thunderjaw
Stormbird

I'm kinda' sad that Stormbirds just fly in endless tight circles instead of roaming the world. I guess if they roamed it could screw up too many quests and hunts-for-fun though.
I kind of wish we got to see the bigger robots hunting the smaller ones. Imagine seeing a Stormbird come from out of nowhere and pluck a Grazer or Strider off the ground and a Thunderjaw attacking a Long Leg.

Anyone else disappointed by [equipment]
the Shield Weaver Armour? It looked so badass just standing there in that room but then you get it and... it looks nothing like it. It took me a second to realize I even had it in my inventory because I was expecting that cool looking armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom