• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

Played for two hours. I was surprised by the elements of Fire Emblem they can put into this game. Weapon triangle, permanent death, level, field management, weapons' special effects, classes, bonding system... I need to play more before giving out final judgement, but this is definitely a fun game. Don't sleep on it.

Edit: BTW, the 60 fps mode is great.
Can you stream some 60fps footages,pleeeeeeeeease

GeekyDad

This franchise definitely seems like a good fit for the Musou series.

And there are class changes? Huh...that's interesting.

Nohar

Perma-death? How do they handle that here?

From the OP, as pointed out by TheMoon:
Do your best to be intimate with your own allies as there are special bonuses and events to share if you work your hardest! But if you allow them to be defeated, your ally won't be able to participate in the next battle. So be sure to take care of your friends.
From what I gather, it could mean that the ally would be unable to participate for one battle (ie. temporary "death"), or it could mean that that ally will remain unusable for the whole campaign segment. I think it is the first hypothesis, though not sure.

Also, yeah, I'd like some impressions. Leave your Switch you warrior maniacs and post on NeoGAF! The people has a right to know! THIS IS THE NEW REPUBLIC! REVOLUCION!

CazTGG

Waiting on my Treasure Box copy to ship, anyone know if the Japanese version has subtitles or an English dub?

GSR

Are all saves compatible with one another on the Switch? As in, if I get the Japanese version now and pick up the English version next month, would I be able to continue from where I stopped in the Japanese version?

I don't think so, unfortunately. Maybe someone else can give a definitive answer.

Waiting on my Treasure Box copy to ship, anyone know if the Japanese version has subtitles or an English dub?

It does not AFAIK.

Shun

After playing with the game for a while now, I can say that the game looks a lot better in person than what they showed in trailers and videos. Before launch I thought Zelda Musou looked better, and it does in some of the art style, but Fire Emblem looks cleaner.

It is a lot more detailed and vibrant than I expected going in. But the main menu being to unsaturated kind of bothers me. The UI is also boring. Overall it is a pretty game, cutscenes especially.

Combat feels more tactical and there is another dimension because of your launchers compared to Zelda Musou. Loading times are quick.

A lot of fan service and revisiting similar supports and conversations in past games.
Characters like
0, AWAKENING VANDER/HOLY DEVIL SWORD, etc.
you can
fight as bosses.
, so they will likely be added at the end or as DLC since you can fight them in History Mode.

Things to note:

The controls are completely remappable
You can choose your navigator, Anna is the default but you can get more later and maybe via DLC.
2P Multiplayer is activated through pressing the Left Analog stick on the map

Arrrrrrrgh I'm so tempted to import this on the eShop. But I'm going to play with a friend when the English version comes out next month!

But it's right there...!

Speaking of multi, is it split-screen only or can you do local wireless with two Switches?

2P Multiplayer is split screen and accessed through pressing the Left Analog on the second controller. I didn't notice or see anything in regards to local wireless 2P multi. Runs smooth for me and 2P can be played in table mode too.

There is Chinese.

Maxinas

TO THE TWITCH-MOBILE!

Heh. Game Over from objective failure. I actually forgot that some Warriors games really like to set up urgent missions to complete, or otherwise you face defeat.

I tuned in for a couple of minutes, and the guy has already failed the same mission 4 times already. No idea what he has to do, but apparently it's pretty hard.

Can someone confirm if
-SPOILER PADDING FOR LENGTH SO PEOPLE DON'T ASSUME THE CHARACTER DUE TO LENGTH OF SPOILER BLOCK- Ike
is in the game for me?

One of the few characters I'm hoping for TBH.

Ridley327

Chinese subs are nice, and it does make sense that they're already there since the game is a launch title for Taiwan.

Are there any brave souls grabbing the n3DS version, too? At this point, it's nothing more than a morbid curiosity, but I'm still fascinated by its existence and I'm wondering just how many corners they had to cut this time around. Even on the n3DS, Hyrule Warriors Legends had to compromise a lot of the presentation to make it even possible.

I wasn't original on board with this, but after watching a couple live streams, the combat looks really satisfying and like this could be a great game when I want something lower stress.

Looks like I'm picking up both this and Odyssey next month.

Shun

Chinese subs are nice, and it does make sense that they're already there since the game is a launch title for Taiwan.

Are there any brave souls grabbing the n3DS version, too? At this point, it's nothing more than a morbid curiosity, but I'm still fascinated by its existence and I'm wondering just how many corners they had to cut this time around. Even on the n3DS, Hyrule Warriors Legends had to compromise a lot of the presentation to make it even possible.

I have it, it obviously isn't as nice as the Switch visually. A lot is compressed, but since it is n3DS only it runs well enough. A lot of it is just visuals, it is playable and people know that going in getting the N3DS copy.

It is an option for someone who cannot get a Switch yet and even if it isn't ideal.

You lose out on multiplayer and the effects are toned down quite a bit. But honestly I think it is playable and it works well enough if you don't have a Switch but want to play a fan service game like this.

So anyone know if game has wireless multi player??

2P Multiplayer is split screen and accessed through pressing the Left Analog on the second controller. I didn't notice or see anything in regards to local wireless 2P multi.

Ridley327

I have it, it obviously isn't as nice as the Switch visually. A lot is compressed, but since it is n3DS only it runs well enough. A lot of it is just visuals, it is playable and people know that going in getting the N3DS copy.

It is an option for someone who cannot get a Switch yet and even if it isn't ideal.

You lose out on multiplayer and the effects are toned down quite a bit. But honestly I think it is playable and it works well enough if you don't have a Switch but want to play a fan service game like this.

Oh, neat. Pretty much what I expected, though I'm a bit surprised at there being no multiplayer. I suppose HWL already set the precedent there, but I would have to think that given the form factor that there would have been more of an effort to make it happen. Maybe it is just too much for the hardware to handle?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't realize this was coming out so soon. I just saw it pop up on the Japanese eShop.

Tempted to buy it, but I definitely want to see some more footage before pulling the trigger.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Only on chapter 5 so far and haven't played a musou title since the PS2 era but this is surprisingly fun/polished despite its lack of direct combat depth.

Feels way more interesting than the usual musou games just due to how many mechanics they've adapted from the recent FE games into musou equivalents. Being able to switch between any of your playable characters on the field instantly gives the combat a bit more moveset variety. I'm hoping it'll get harder later and become more difficult in a strategic unit/map management kind of way, but it's been a cakewalk so far on hard mode.

Also like that they put in a resolution vs performance mode. The variable resolution in 60fps mode can get pretty bad when it gets busy but it feels way better when playing on the big screen than the frame drops in 30fps mode.

Golnei

They only showed her super attacks so I'm a little worried that she's going to be a Takumi clone.

Just think of it as having the Archer moveset. They wouldn't be able to have as expansive a cast without sharing movesets between characters; given the game's focus on fanservice it was the right thing to prioritise.

Nohar

Just think of it as having the Archer moveset. They wouldn't be able to have as expansive a cast without sharing movesets between characters.

Hyrule Warriors didn't have any character with a moveset clone. I think it was also the case for DW8 (need to check), and this game has a lot of characters, much more than Fire Emblem Warriors.

So, this argument doesn't seem to hold water.

Oddish1

Just think of it as having the Archer moveset. They wouldn't be able to have as expansive a cast without sharing movesets between characters; given the game's focus on fanservice it was the right thing to prioritise.

I hope it's not something they're going to do with DLC characters. It's already making the base game characters less interesting.

Golnei

Hyrule Warriors didn't have any character with a moveset clone. I think it was also the case for DW8 (need to check), and this game has a lot of characters, much more than Fire Emblem Warriors.

So, this argument doesn't seem to hold water.

Main DW games can't be compared against licensed musou titles, and HW chose to consolidate multiple movesets with a smaller overall cast - which was the right choice for a series like Zelda. Whereas with the sheer number of FE characters and the relative similarity imposed by the class system both within individual games and across the series, a larger cast was a better direction to take in terms of better representing the strengths of the series, and what aspects of it fans are most attached to.

Anna is great. Plus she did her signature pose too.

Guess they went with Fates class. I like it. Thought she was better in Fates then in Awakening.

Nohar

Main DW games can't be compared against licensed musou titles, and HW chose to consolidate multiple movesets with a smaller overall cast - which was the right choice for a series like Zelda. Whereas with the sheer number of FE characters and the relative similarity imposed by the class system both within individual games and across the series, a larger cast was a better direction to take in terms of better representing the strengths of the series, and what aspects of it fans are most attached to.

I can't compare games made by the same company with similar/identical gameplay? When they have demonstrated time and time again that they can make characters with wholly different movesets, even when they share similar weapons (which is the case in the DW series; lots of characters using a spear or a sword)?

Let's agree to disagree.

Oddish1

I'd much rather have a smaller cast with all unique movesets than a large cast with little diversity in movesets. At least the former can be fixed with updates, DLC, and sequels. The latter is just boring forever.

Top Bottom